RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy

Lube-sized a couple hundred 158s on the lubeamatic.

Boolit Master
    Started cleaning and working on 7mm Mag brass that has been seating around 20 years.
    Brass was used in a 1000 yard prone rifle I shot some years back. The rifle was converted to a 7mm STW with a new barrel and a new stock for deer hunting.
    The brass about 400 cases is in very good condition, after cleaning may sell the brass.
    Do not have a rifle for this brass at the present time.

I was having an issue with the primer feed on one of my presses. I fixed that and then loaded around 85 rounds of 230 LRN. When the weather breaks a bit, I'll shoot them. I need to function test an AR build I did lately, too.

I don't go shooting when it's under 20 if I can avoid it. I've done it, which is why I now avoid it. Saturday is supposed to be in the 30's.

I also made some labels for the box lids in Excel. They work well, and are easily changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbender View Post
    40 lb's 358495, 163 gr. wadcutters.Attachment 186867
    Beautiful!

Makes me want to cast up a bunch more wadcutters. I love looking at a huge pile of fresh boolits in that fleeting moment where I forget I'm the one lubing/sizing. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recycle, Reuse, Reload.

Boolit Buddy

I fixed the throttle shaft linkage on the carburetor of my F-150. The little tab where the idle adjusting screw contacts , broke off. Welding and brazing failed, so I created a part from an L bracket, and drilled and tapped things. Used locktite, so it should be good for a while. I am going to have to replace the Motocraft carburetor with the Holly, as floats for the Motocraft are unavailable. Next project is making a reloading bench with actual drawers, to replace the 4x4 frame my reloading benchtop rests on.
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Boolit Buddy

I got my order in from Midway today , I got me one of those small 35 dollar Lee Presses, and mounted it for a dedicated bullet sizing press , That little press is well worth the money. I may get a couple more just for the heck of it , might need it some day LOL., Also got in a couple more molds in , so I have seven now so im ready to get after some casting .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	press2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	187070
    Last edited by kmrra; 02-03-2017 at 07:24 PM. Reason: add pic
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Grand Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Troubleshot electrical issues. Thought the breaker panel in the detached garage(loading room)finally gave out. It's severely corroded and I've been intentionally ignoring it hoping it would keep working. Discovered the actual service is done. Wire is direct buried and is from 1984. 70v on one leg, 15v on the other. Now I have a ton of electrical work to do. The previous owner did not know how to do anything correctly but literally touched everything. Everything from the meter forward needs to be replaced. Panel in my house doesn't meet code so that needs to be corrected. I hate when this stuff happens. Especially because I have to drill holes through a 3' thick stone wall and dig a trench out to the garage.

Boolit Master
    Spent the day de-Glocking, sizing, and depriming 5500 .40 S&W FBI once fired brass. Tomorrow they will get a wet pin polish and wax and be put away for the next reloading session.

Absolute torture

Why do I torture myself.
    Attachment 187078
    i don't even have a 9mm. As part of another deal I got the pictured gal. jar 1/3 full of 9mm all with bullets, 415 of them. The pile of brass next to the bullets have primers with about half bottom side up. The other about 200 had no primers. My friend and neighbor loads nines so I gave them all to him. Pushed the 100 and something bottom up primers out and will load them in something later.

Boolit Master

Oeldewolf: check your PM's.
    God Bless, Whisler

Went out to size up some 30-06 from the gun show, frozen lube in the sizing die caused the 4th case to stick. Shoud have had the heater going out there since we've been flirting with freezing temps. Got the rim ripped off the case too. My very first stuck case! Thawed out the die, got the case out, broke the decapper end on the pin in the process. So I set up my new universal decapper die and swapped out the expander in the 30-06 with my 308 pin and finished up the 100 rnds by using two steps instead of one. Gonna go back out after dinner to pull those 100 cases out of the tumbler and trim them up...

Did a HUGE clean up in the reloading room today. I can actually move around in there the best since it was first built! (But that probably won't last for too long I suspect ...)
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Buddy
    Good evening, just finished up, putting away a bunch of TL'd 158gr. swc. Swabbed out the bore of the rifle and revolver with ED'S RED, I was shooting today at the range. It will make tomorrows clean up a breeze.

Unloaded 40 lbs of wheel weight corn figurines.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    smelted 300 pounds of indoor range scrap into 20 pound ingots and small coupons to have bhn test them.

Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    I got my order in from Midway today , I got me one of those small 35 dollar Lee Presses, and mounted it for a dedicated bullet sizing press , That little press is well worth the money. I may get a couple more just for the heck of it , might need it some day LOL., Also got in a couple more molds in , so I have seven now so im ready to get after some casting .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	press2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	187070
    I have 2 of those. Bought them when they were $15.00. I use one for a boolit seater and the other for the crimp.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I went and emptied 20 45 Raptors in the 95 Mauser ......... That was plenty .
    H322 , 454 350 RNFP Mountain Moulds custom , 1700fps and a load window to explore around 35 kpsi . Seated 2.3 OAL .
    The rifle is maybe 5.5 lbs , I may have to rethink hurling VWs and drop back to a paper patched 257gr 429421 at .448 or the 452-255 @265 .

So the plan today is to load another set of work ups in the load window and lock the sight mount down . I gotta take the 454 dia down to 453 and lube both grooves .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Well I ordered an rcbs turret press and case activated powder linkage kit from Amazon but it has a 2-5 week backorder. So I checked midway, lo and behold they had it in stock and the same price for the press and 15 bucks cheaper for the powder linkage kit. Had to pay 15 bucks in shipping but didnt have to pay tax so all in all I saved like 20 bucks and will have it by the end of the week!
    Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot

Boolit Buddy
    I actually did this a week or two ago. I converted a damaged/misaligned Lee 452-200 mold to flat base and tried to fix the alignment issue. So far they look pretty good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Loaded 50 .300 Blackout with the 309150fp Lee and LilGun. Now I'm loading .358 Win with the RCBS 200gr fp and IMR3031. I'm using a Lee 9mm Luger PTE die adjusted just so to bell the .358s a tad. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Works beautifully. I'll probably play outside some more since Dallas isn't in Houston today. Best, Thomas.

Page 180 of 603 FirstFirst ... 80130170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190230280 ... LastLast