Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    I was casting and then my LEE Casting pot died. Off to Midway to go buy another one. Only took 18 years for this one to die.
    Replace it with an RCBS ProMelt, thank me later!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Lubrisized NOE 312299's and 311041's for 30-06 and 30-40. Then loaded same. Then lubrisized NOE 379279 PB and loaded same for 38-55. Lots of head scratching and loading manual perusal and coffee drinking included. Cleaned a certain 30-06. Weather sucked most of the day here on my spot on the prairie today. Fog prevented a trip to the club so I may have to crank off a round out the back door to get my fresh-burned powder fix. Most of my property underwater at the moment, will have to fire that shot from a fixed action.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Cast a couple thou boolits from new to me Lyman 31141 and some 40 cals. Powder coating and sizing to be done hopefully this week.

-Butchman

Boolit Bub
    Powder coated ~500 .453 200gr SWC today.

Got a basic casting setup for Christmas and been going to town since. Have to convince myself not to powder coat anymore until I test them out. I'm not doing anything new or edgy with my setup or loads but I still want to test them out before I powder coat everything I've made. Made 1,600pcs .452 200gr SWC, 450pcs .430 240gr SWC, and 600pcs .356 124gr FP since I've got into casting. Lot of fun so far, hope they shoot ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Tumble lubed and loaded up some 200g 44 bullets and tried them out , my first time tumble lubing , think im gona like that better than the lube-sizer, cleaned and moped shop, tumbled some brass, sorted some , I cant just leave the range and not pick up brass and going thru the trash. got brass coming out my ears. ordered a Lee Lead Hardness tester from Midway ,
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Finally cracked open "Jacketed performance with cast bullets" by Veral Smith. Then I had a glass of Buffalo Trace. Some might say unproductive, I'd beg to differ.
    Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot

Boolit Man
    Slugged a new revolver and ordered a new sizing die. When the new mold gets here I'll be in business.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Quote Originally Posted by mwells72774 View Post
    I've got the press mounted version for #11 caps. What do you use for priming compound?
    At this point I will use paper caps and a "dash" of BP.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Put a batch of dirty brass in the ss pin tumbler and put some sized .30-30 brass in the media tumbler to clean off the sizing lube. I'll deal with both of them when I go back down to the shop tomorrow ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by paraord View Post
    Finally cracked open "Jacketed performance with cast bullets" by Veral Smith. Then I had a glass of Buffalo Trace. Some might say unproductive, I'd beg to differ.
    Definitely more productive than my day of tightening up my boolit cooking basket. I completely forgot the whiskey...

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Cast 600 .45 /200 grain RNFP for some .45 Colt loads! Boy, do I love the Lee 6 cavity molds, they just rain the boolits out of them, when up to speed! Cleaned it first as it was brand new, put it on the hot plate,when it was up to temp I then went to work using 50/50 WW/Pure lead, with 2% SN,absolutely beautiful boolits!! And didn't take long either! Going to PC them, size them, and off to the loading press!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

I took pics of the 30-30 Spanish Mauser project and did powder inventory- I need some 4895 and some H110/W296 and some FFFG. That last one is aggravating to get hereabouts. God bless you all. Best, Thomas.

Worked on my computer, reconciled the bank account, and tried to go back to bed. Alas I had to appear at the work place. With all this bad weather, I might get off early Hope Hope.

Boolit Master

I spent time setting up dedicated expander dies for 10mm and 40 SW. I setup two separate dies for each. One with an M expander properly dimensioned for jacketed bullets. The other has Cowboy M expanders that have a larger shank radius for my cast boolits. 4 expander dies total for the 2 cartridges.

Die settings are preserved with set screws so I just need to install the correct expander die into the die plate for jacketed bullets or cast boolits, as the occasion calls for.

Boolit Mold
    Loaded 5 different test loads for my 30-30 using red dot and Lyman 311359 bullets.

Boolit Buddy

I recived my Lee Lead Hardness Tester in the mail today , and im in the process of retrofitting it to a child's microscope that I bought on eBay for 6 bux and some change, with shipping it came to about 17 bux it even came with the original wooden box ..... This is what I have got done so far

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lee5.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	185574
    Took the glass out of the original lenses and drilled out the hole to fit the Lee scope

Name:	lee1.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	185572
    Used the dremil tool to do fitting to the eye piece

Name:	lee2.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	185573

Name:	lee4.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	185575
    Drilled out and ground down the original 3 position lower do-hickie

Name:	lee3.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	185576
    assembled the scope top and lower pieces back in their original locations
    Im not finished quite yet I still have to mount a small light and make a jig to hold an ingot or a bullet with adjustments , so far its taken about an hour of work to get this far , might take a little longer on the adjustable ingot or bullet holder. will post Picture of the outcome when I get that far.

Name:	lee6.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	185577
    Kinda hard to take a picture with a cell phone holding it over a small object a the eye piece , , but looking thru it is no problem .

So far that is what I did in the gun room today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lee1.jpeg   lee2.jpeg   lee3.jpeg   lee5.jpeg  
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Bub
    Used up the last of my ready to go ingots to make ~250 452-200gr SWC.

Probably have 25lbs of scrap to melt down into ingots but I think I'll do some loading first. Lot of wet weather here right now.

Took a batch of mixed brass (.308, .30-30, .303 Brit) out of the ss pin tumbler, rinsed them off, and put them into the dehydrator for drying. Sorted out a big batch of mixed .38 Specials and .357 Mags that were cleaned previously. Emptied the vibratory tumbler of a bunch of .30-30's that I put in there to clean the sizing lube off. Started up another big batch of .223's in the ss pin tumbler as I went out the reloading shop door. Tomorrow is another day ...

(PS: Just waiting on the arrival in the mail of a Forster power drill press trimmer that I bought from a friend. Should really speed up the process of trimming this mountain of brass that I've been cleaning, annealing, and sizing for the past few months ...)

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Took the mixed brass (.308, .303, .30-30's) out of the dehydrator, emptied the .223 brass out of the tumbler and put it into the dehydrator, sorted out some mixed .38 and .357 brass. Got my "new to me" Forster drill press trimmer in today's mail so now I need to set it up and try it out!

Loaded up 18 45 Colt rounds with 454424 over 5.2 gr 700x, my first cast loads. Only had that many brass prepped or would have done more. Then went and shot em in the Blackhawk. Accurate out to 25 yards when I'm doing things right. Definitely need more practice.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 176 of 604 FirstFirst ... 76126166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186226276 ... LastLast