WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    Snow Day...no driving kids to school today. Poured coffee, picked Mozart on the player and loaded 300 .44 Specials with Lee 200 gr FRNs sized to .430 over 700X. Mostly to get the brass out of my way. All done before anyone else woke up. Then I came here.

Loaded a 1000 rounds of 45 Nosler custom comps on the 550. Nice relaxing day in the reloading room. Get all this done now before spring comes. Try to get some 9mm in this week.

Boolit Master
    Being newly retired I wander into the shed almost on a daily basis and putter for a spell. This morning I emptied my tumbler, put the 9mm brass into a now full ammo can and put primers into the .38 special cases. Also setting up the bench so I won't have any heavy lifting after my surgery.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

I finished loading .223s on the LNL and put that contraption up on the shelf. See you later. Too aggravating for this old Rockchucker guy. Now I need some .358s but I need to cast boolits first.

Boolit Buddy

well I went back and casted more 200 g 44 bullets and played with the temp setting on the Pot and got that regulated way down , and payed more attention to the temperature of my mold and paced my self better and actually casted up almost 200 44 cal bullets in no time and they actually looked really good , So im learning all the stuff that I have forgotten in the last 30+ years , next I will breakout the 358 mold and get i broken in a and make a few hundred of those ., life is good here the last few days and the weather has been back in to the low 70s , so that helps.
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy

I've been playing with powder coating some 9mm I cast up a while back......

I need more powder. And BB's. And patience.... I need a lot of patience.
    What if..... you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?

Loaded up another 100 .223's. I am part way through to my goal of 1000 rounds, to add to the rest of the loaded rounds for the coming squeek hunting this spring. A few every day. will get me there.

Boolit Buddy
    Cast up some of these lee 401-145 bullets just to test out my first attempt at a flat base modification. so far it isn't bad, also isn't great. so I will keep at it. I may keep messing with it. the bullets are severely undersized but compared to where I started with this mold ill try to not complain too much.

sorry for the sideways pictures. I rotated it 4 times and deleted and uploaded and it wouldn't upload the way I want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1569.jpg  

Boolit Buddy

Mix up my first batch of 45-45-10 lube and tumble a batch of bullets , hope I got my mix right , will let dry tonight and Size and lube again tomorrow , and then I will try them out and give a report in a day or 2
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Set up my new (to me) Thumler B.
    Tumbler, ss pins, sieve, 12 bottle of lemishine and a new box of Lapua 308 cases for £80! Tumbler has only been used a couple of times max, so I am happy.
    Sized a load of bullets for my 8x 60R Kropatschek as well.

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	185093Finished a box of 300BO
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I got around to springing for a tap a cap clone percussion cap tool a while back and after some trepidation ( and rooting around for the paper sheer) I cut up a couple of soda cans and knocked out about 140 cap cups .
    $8/100 is motivation ........Alas they are back to just $6/100 last I looked . If it doesn't work out for me it's not a huge deal since there's a couple 1000 put back from the $3.50/100 "glory days" .

Attachment 185100
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Bub
    Started to season my new NOE Brass Mold. Xmas present, 9mm, 135 grain. Be casting by the weekend!

Sorted out about 1,000 + tumbled and annealed .30-30 brass into their various headstamps. Now I need to load 200 or so .30-30 cb target loads in preparation for a range day in February when my brother in law and his daughter come out for a family visit ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

I loaded two .44 Special Dummy Rounds for Mark Gurney of Ruger. One has a Red Powder Coated Mihec Pent HP,, and the other has a Black Powder Coated Solid from the same mould.

I polished them up nicely as they will live on the edge of the screen of his computer at work.

This is how you get people in the business to remember you. You give them something solid that they can hold onto and when they have a face to connect it to it makes a lasting memory.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

Waiting for the ice storm
    Loaded 100+ 45ACP, 200+ 38 Spec, and 300+ 9mm.
    Also sorted out my 20 gauge shotshell hulls
    and cleaned up the machine shop
    Mike
    Last edited by skeettx; 01-13-2017 at 06:20 PM.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Vendor Sponsor

at 5 AM I started up the smelting pot by 6:45 I had about 95 lbs of nice clean triple fluxed pure lead ingots
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Yep, waiting for the ice storm. Reloobed some RCBS 357-160-SWC. Daughter/SIL's house burned about a year and a half ago. These boolits were some I had made for him that were put up in layers in tuna cans. Loob mostly melted off of them and some of the outside edge boolits were, well at best a little doty so, they went back for recycle. Soooo, I got a bunch of reloobed, GC'd, HEAT TREATED boolits ready to load. Gonna be interesting to see how they do. They really look in good condition considering what they went through.

btw, none of they firemen were hurt by rounds cooking off, but it was 'interesting'.

I'm thinking of loading some .357 mag over a near max charge of 296 for a Rossi 92...
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

hey there Coweta!! we didn't get it too bad here,as soon as deer archery season is over, im out the door to Skiatook for some hog action!! can't wait.. I have to get my first kill with my new SKS ( late model norinco, I think aa 1980, they made them till 84 or sometime around then) well since I've never seen you, welcome to the site!!Travis
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Buddy

Fixing to go out in the man cave and load up some 44 mag loads with some that I cast the other day and see how the work with tumble lubing , first time I have ever tumble lubed... and also just got in a shipment of pure lead that the mailman just dropped off out here at the ranch, going to melt them down and mix some alloy thankful that I live out here in the sticks where I have my own range so all I have to do is step out side ant try out loads as I make them.

Page 174 of 604 FirstFirst ... 74124164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184224274 ... LastLast