RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

I created my RCBS OH @#$% Kit, RCBS stuck case tools 1 and 2, extra decapping pins, and put my 2 bullet puller collets that arent in the puller biller now. And yes, I will be making a label that says "RCBS OH @#$% KIT". Thanks to Tasterhead for the box!

Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot

Boolit Buddy

not one stinking thing, but I been thinking maybe I might if I can work up the motivation to get off my **** and do something anyone ever have those days.
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy

OK after reading a page or two of post I got inspired and went out to the shop and broke in a new mold a Lee 200g 44 cal bullet casted up a couple hundred and threw back 50 or so , not an exact count but I came out with 143 good ones, Now I feel better about sitting around this morning, some were on the frosty side but I havent got me a thermometer yet but I bet they shoot just the same.
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    ....I havent got me a thermometer yet but I bet they shoot just the same.
    I've wondered about that.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    OK after reading a page or two of post I got inspired and went out to the shop and broke in a new mold a Lee 200g 44 cal bullet casted up a couple hundred and threw back 50 or so , not an exact count but I came out with 143 good ones, Now I feel better about sitting around this morning, some were on the frosty side but I havent got me a thermometer yet but I bet they shoot just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
    I've wondered about that.
    Have you guys read this thread yet if not it comes highly recommended.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...end-about-temp
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Buddy

Good read , I bet my mold was way too hot , I was just breaking it in anyway , I did cast some 95g bullets before Christmas and they were good and shiny , Im just getting back into casting after a 30 + year hiatus so im having to learn everything all over. Thanks for the info I will read all of the thread

There's plenty to do just haven't felt like it. The list of what needs done is long I poke my head in and walk away.

Boolit Buddy
    Figgered out how to load 11mm French Navy revolver rounds for my MAS 1873. Data in BP forum.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 3jimbo3 View Post
    Well I usually work on Saturday every week (Saturday is my Friday) but we got a couple inches of snow last night and some pretty cold temperatures, so i didn't open the training site today. I did however take a stroll up to the shop and sized and trimmed 500 pieces of 223. Then ran a couple hundred 9mm on my loadmaster.
    What part of S.E. Tn are you in as I am also there?
    I may be dumb but I can lift heavy things

Boolit Buddy
    Casted some Lee 401-175 today. I worked on my wish list for this hobby. Right after working on my wish list I prayed that I would hit the lottery, even though I never play. In all seriousness I started drawing prints for a new workbench in my shed for me to setup to reload on. I thought about doing something in my house but I don't have the money to purchase nice materials to make it look acceptable. I may still do it honestly. I have to finish drawing it out and see if it'll fit in my room.

Boolit Master

reloaded one hundred 6.5 Grendel with 100gr cast lead and 21gr of H335 (2100fps) and fifty 6.5 Creedmoor with 140gr cast lead with 14gr of Red Dot (fireforming loads for both cartridges. forming Grendel from x39 brass and Creed from 22-250 brass)
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    Have you guys read this thread yet if not it comes highly recommended.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...end-about-temp
    I have not, but that looks like just the ticket. Thank you!

What did I do in the reloading room today?
    Well, I unboxed my two new Lee slug molds (1oz and 7/8oz). I degreased them, deburred them, and lubed them.
    Can't wait til I get a chance to use them.
    (I'll treat these better than I did the last ones)

Boolit Master
    Poured a batch of these from a new mold (BACO 316180) for an old single shot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aydt.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	184713
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Last night in the 15 degree garage I poured my first ever molten lead into a Lyman 311410. Love it. Then I sized and lubed 20 today to load up for the Mini Thirty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170108_120218994.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	184714

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Well end of deer season and we got snow and ice shutting down all plans for the weekend. So I spent all weekend in the shop processing brass that I sort as I shoot or am giving by a friend that runs a class for carry permits. Now most of it is sized cleaned and stored for reloading. After spending all weekend just processing brass I wonder if I have a hording problem but if I have a chance at some brass I still pick it up.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by enloe View Post
    What part of S.E. Tn are you in as I am also there?
    I'm in Athens, halfway between Knoxville and Chattanooga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What if..... you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?

Boolit Bub
    I am in Cleveland
    I may be dumb but I can lift heavy things

I cleaned, sized, and trimmed 100- 8 x 57 cases and loaded 60 with 17.5 Alliant 2400 and my NOE 325323 boolets for my nephews M24/47. Also loaded some Speer 170 jwords over 51, 52, and 53 grains of Winchester 748 to run over my chronic, when the weather gets better. Later, hc18flyer

I cleaned and polished 100 Hornady and 12ww 45/70 brass cases...and don't even own a 45/70.
    But if I ever get a 45/70 I'll have enough brass to get to get a few loads started.

I seriously dig acquiring some somewhat hard to find whatever...clean up, and store it properly for myself or other folks to be able to use one day. There's a satisfaction in salvaging some old gun related stuff, that some folks would just throw away....

-Butchman

Boolit Master
    Sized cleaned primed 20 308 cases I'd shot on Sunday 1 case was split.now I hope to try out the new boolits from new mold I've cast over Christmas to new year holiday I took from work.

Page 173 of 604 FirstFirst ... 73123163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183223273 ... LastLast