Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Powder coated and then loaded some .38 special and 45 lc.

Also for fun my wife got a free 100 oz mug. Took the kids to 711 and filled it up with slupree. Can you say diabetes?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Nice day at the range emptying a bit of brass. After firing up the smoker I resized the 38-55 and 30-06 brass. Let the U/S cleaner do it's thing and now they're drying in the loading room. Have a deadline coming up fast so the -06 brass will be loaded by this weekend, still trying to figure out the one last tweak for this load before loading up a few rounds and sending the rifle & ammo south.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    Powder coated and then loaded some .38 special and 45 lc.

Also for fun my wife got a free 100 oz mug. Took the kids to 711 and filled it up with slupree. Can you say diabetes?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    100 oz mug? In some locales you have to post "No Lifeguard on Duty" signs around that thing!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by txgunnut View Post
    100 oz mug? In some locales you have to post "no lifeguard on duty" signs around that thing!
    brainfreeeezzzzee

Found a SOWW on the floor of the reloading room/garage and wondered for a few minutes how I missed it the last time I smelted a batch of them. However, that wondering didn't last too long because I realized if fell off the rear tire of my motorcycle so decided to save it and get it glued back on. Oh well.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Found a SOWW on the floor of the reloading room/garage and wondered for a few minutes how I missed it the last time I smelted a batch of them. However, that wondering didn't last too long because I realized if fell off the rear tire of my motorcycle so decided to save it and get it glued back on. Oh well.
    I believe I would stop by the tire shop and get a new one...rather than glue that on back on.

Be bad to get on the road and have that one come off again and have to ride it with an unbalanced tire until you could get home.

Boolit Master
    Reloaded the 20 308 cases I emptied at the range yesterday ,would have been more but had a range officers meeting after I'd spent the morning as range officer.only had an hour to shoot in.

Boolit Grand Master

Emptied and restarted my giant HF tumbler. One more K45 ACP to go.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    finally ran out of 148gr wadcutters! Time to swap the LnL over to 380 shell plate and dies and give it a run for awhile. Never thought I'd get them all loaded, but slow and steady makes good progress.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

melted down this summers haul of pewter, came out to 22.5 lbs. Swapped 7.5 lbs. of it and 5# of cerro bend ingots for half the cost of a Zouave rifled musket.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Got my new reloading bench about completed... putting a couple coats of finish (Varathane) on the top today...

Attachment 178819

Boolit Master
    Cast some Lee 357wfn 158 gr pb boolits ,some 308160 gr Lee rngc boolits ,then tumble lubed them .just waiting for them to dry then I'll load them up .good day just chilled out and relaxed.

Boolit Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Nothing. Worked on winterizing the boat, getting house ready for kids moving in with us for a time until they get settled. The 5 yo grandson wasn't here for 30 mins when he asks when are we going to make some bullets!
    Last edited by Jal5; 10-15-2016 at 10:12 PM.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by StratsMan View Post
    Got my new reloading bench about completed... putting a couple coats of finish (Varathane) on the top today...

Attachment 178819
    Nice looking bench.
    Looks pretty beefy. What is the top made of?

Yesterday I ss pin tumbled a batch of brass and then tossed them in the dehydrator to dry out. Should be down in the reloading room sorting them today, but we have a big family dinner tonight at my step-daughter's place and I'm cooking a couple of dishes to bring with us ... that and a big, double batch of buttermilk biscuits ... then it's back to the reloading room tomorrow!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    Nice looking bench.
    Looks pretty beefy. What is the top made of?
    I just laminated 2x4's in small sections (10 inches) and ran them through a planer... Then glued sections together for correct width... Smoothed it all with a belt sander...

I´m smelt today 30 kg of range scrap with 5 kg of monotype.
    A 6 to 1 alloy.
    Greetings from España.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lingotes aleación.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	178902

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Took a couple of new moulds for a run . I seem to be developing a 35 and 45 cal addiction.

Attachment 178913
    A Lee 500-360 HB , 359-88 RF , 360-228 FP
    Attachment 178914
    Samples of the 35s

I wonder if that 88 gr will make Mach 2 in a 357 .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Sorted cleaned brass, annealed it, waiting for it to cool so that I can re-sort it, sorted out some junk ammo to tear down for components. A good day, but calling it quits soon ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Resized some 45-70s earlier. Getting ready to charge them with 3031 and top them off with some 420gr powdercoated bullets.

Page 151 of 604 FirstFirst ... 51101141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161201251 ... LastLast