RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 15 of 603 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JWFilips View Post
    Funny Yet Sad: Somedays ( Like today, when I have not much to do and the weather is nasty) I just go down to my loading room & sit by my press. Dreaming of better days to come!

Yup done the same a time or two.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Decided to wait until spring to paint and stencil the cans . Instead I lubed and sized about a thousand 225462's for the project . Also loaded MD of .223 Remington gallery loads .

I may have to warm up the pot before this is over .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Buddy
    Today I casted probably close to 1000 9mm boolits of the Lee 124gr RN tumble variety (6 holes). Will be powder coating them sometime in the next week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Nothing yet, need to test some loads before I get to do any more loading. Doubt I'll make it to the range this weekend but I guess an hour or two cleaning, sorting and straightening up in there might help.
    Don't clean and organize! You might lose something!!!

Boolit Mold
    New to the forum, thought to add what little bit I did today. Cast a little over 100 HBRN Lee 405 gr 45-70. Still new to casting and really appreciate the help from my mentor, Fuzzy Foster. Thinking they're going to shoot okay. First pass at casting was last weekend producing a little over 200 .454 RB. Some look really good, some like wrinkly old farts (like me.)

Now, to figure out the lube problem on the 45-70. Double alox doesn't seem to help. Gotta try something else.

Boolit Master
    I turned down rims on 20 pieces of 50-70 brass and formed them to 12x44 Swedish, loaded them with Pyrodex and 365 gr. LFP.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Don't clean and organize! You might lose something!!!

Quite the opposite, I generally find something!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by poorfarmer WF View Post
    New to the forum, thought to add what little bit I did today. Cast a little over 100 HBRN Lee 405 gr 45-70. Still new to casting and really appreciate the help from my mentor, Fuzzy Foster. Thinking they're going to shoot okay. First pass at casting was last weekend producing a little over 200 .454 RB. Some look really good, some like wrinkly old farts (like me.)

Now, to figure out the lube problem on the 45-70. Double alox doesn't seem to help. Gotta try something else.
    Welcome to the forum! What makes you think the alox isn't working on the 45-70?
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Got the parts in the mail yesterday for my press. Reassembled it checked everything and loaded about 500 rds 45ACP with Lee TL 452 200SWC. I'm back in business.

Boolit Master
    I read a lot here, and hopefully contributed to the knowledge base.

Just adding to the list, cut BO brass, PC a bunch, try Smoke's powder, process a bucket of fired brass, load some BO & 30/30 - but it's too darned COLD in the garage. We did get 1" of good soaking rain last nite.
    Whatever!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Welcome to the forum! What makes you think the alox isn't working on the 45-70?
    Still getting a little leading toward the muzzle. Have backed the powder down to well within trapdoor, using over powder card with HB 405gr Lee cast. I've been double tumble lubbing, which did improve the leading a bit. So, my buddies tell me leading toward the muzzle usually points toward lube issue. Thinking I'm going to give the 45/45/10 found here a try with my next batch.

Thanks!

Boolit Master

I've had 500 pcs. of 7.62 Nato brass for a while and haven't done anything with them yet. Decided to get them all press ready. I figured I'd do 50 or 100 at a time until they're all done. Did the first 50 today.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

I loaded 50 rounds of 9 MM. Sized and lubed 500 - 9MM boolits. Dusted off the Dillon calendar pics on the wall............. The Dove

Boolit Master
    Deburred 400 06' cases, powder coated 500 30 cal pills, gas checked and ran through the star, loaded up 200 rounds with imr 4895 and tumbled a couple hundred 22-250 cases.
    Lab

Boolit Buddy
    I went thru a few hundred 9mm cases, culling and smashing all the AMerc brass, and got the good stuff primed. I only had a dozen or so that went into the scrap bucket this time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by websterz View Post
    I went thru a few hundred 9mm cases, culling and smashing all the AMerc brass, and got the good stuff primed. I only had a dozen or so that went into the scrap bucket this time.
    Amen on the amerc, it's been 15 years since I loaded 45 acp for my old s&w 4506 but I do remember they were total ****.

Boolit Master
    Took a bit of time today to be in the ManCave. Sized/lubed some BRP 378-270 HP's and metered/weighed out some Varget to put in some shiny 375 H&H brass. I seated these boolits in the cases, put a light crimp on with the Lee collet FCD and will be testing for cold weather performance this coming Tuesday morning.............suppose to be 11-12 degrees F with light variable wind from the north when I plan on testing.

Boolit Mold
    Cast 9mm, 45acp, and Tokarev bullets. Tumble lubed them all. Replaced the decapping unit on my RCBS .303 BR die, and then sized and primed some brass from my last range find. Loaded up some Tokarev rounds with 700x, developing a load that will function my Tok. A good day.

Cast up a bunch of crappie jigs and powder coated them. I was really bored.

Page 15 of 603 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115515 ... LastLast