Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Cast a couple hundred rounds from my new Mihec mold. Really deep hollow points and they should weigh 135 grains or so. Going to load some up tomorrow morning and see how they do.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    Attachment 177898

If you don't have one of these installed then spent primers will go everywhere.
    kinda difficult to prime without the primer arm in place eh? It works fine as is, just the spent primers don't always fall in the hole properly and bounce out. Not a huge deal just one of my gripes about having a "value turret" instead of the classic cast. 160gr noe rn loaded over 5gr hp-38, just awaiting a trip to the range to test first before loading more up. Didn't realize how much traditional lube gunked up my seating die, took me a few minutes of scrubbing it out with qtips and alcohol swabs to get it back clean.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

Processed my most recent bucket of wheel weights thanks to the nice guys at my local auto shop. Netted 85 lbs of cleaned COWW and 18 lbs of SOWW.

Took a break in the middle to also try out my new MP 454-200 mold. As always Miha does great work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    A used Pacific Multi-Power O-type press I've been using didn't come with any of the "accessories" parts, especially the spent primer collection cup. So, me being sharper than the average block, I modified this old RCBS cup to clear the press handle when it moves, and just need to fashion a retaining band behind it. Easy peasy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3710.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	177955Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3711.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	177956
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Master

Well, I guess you could say that I did some preparatory work on a new shooting sound muffler for use in my garage...

I spent about an hour searching for some impact sockets in my garage and reloading shack so that I could swap the tires on my pickup. Found the air impact wrench, but couldn't find the air impact socket set.

I had stumbled across a guy on Craigslist the other day who had a basically new set of 275/60R20 tires and rims for the current year of my pickup that he was selling for cheaper than I could buy just the tires at Sam's Club. He had bought the truck and quickly switched to larger tires with a tread that was more conducive to something other than pavement.

He had removed the TPMS from the old rims, so the bead had been unseated on the front of the tire. I spent one evening reseating the beads on the tires and another evening swapping out my old tires+rims with the new tires+rims. Had to resort to the old fashioned way since I couldn't find the air impact sockets.

I was somewhat motivated to do this since last weekend, I was towing a trailer from Dallas back to here and ran into some heavy rain. Traffic slowed down and when I put on the brakes, I realized that the rear of my truck was apparently hydroplaning and I then had the rear of my truck being pushed sideways by the trailer. Came pretty close to ending up in a ditch jack-knifed. The right rear tire was well past the wear indicator, so I was basically running a slick on it. Plus, my inspection was to expire at the end of September and I suspected it wouldn't pass with slicks on it.

My old tires were a LT type with 10 plies, IIRC and 80 psi rated. Even when the tread is down to zero, there's still a lot of rubber there. It would be kind of interesting to see how many more miles I could get out of the slicks, but since tires tend to destroy parts of the cars when they self-destruct these days, I'm not willing to do that.

I figure the tires will end up being used along with a couple other tires that I have for shooting muffler for indoor use when I'm wanting to test / chrony a new load. I have a bunch of carpet and padding that I can cut into strips and stuff in the body of the tire to help with the sound deadening.

Vendor Sponsor

I got a new-to-me reloading bench. It is a repurposed ESD workbench with a shelf over it that was formerly used to assemble or work on electronic stuff, complete with the little block where you plug in your ESD wristband. Very well made by Wright Line, VERY solid, took two of us 3 trips to get it inside and assembled back into one piece.. Also came away with the black metal box on the floor, this will make a decent powder magazine, *IF* all of my powder will fit in it!

I think this will alleviate some of the clutter on my severely overloaded and over-purposed reloading bench seen to the right..

Once I got to looking at it, I remembered seeing a bunch of plastic organizers sitting unused on a shelf in another part of the garage the workbench came from so I went back and got them...

Not bad for a $0.00 investment, my welding partner bought a new house and it has a rather large shop attached with lots of shelving and other useful stuff, but I convinced them that this was more "in the way" than it could ever be used for anything in a welding shop....

Last edited by DougGuy; 10-02-2016 at 03:27 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Perma-Banned

Well, missed church this morning...so I decided that I would do some more of what I do a lot of...load some 44 Special.

Boolit Master

Went to church this morning, but this weekend finished off all my 4756 powder in loading 9mm 115 gr cast
    and now testing a load with 800-X powder. I know it is a bit slow burning but I am try to use up all the odd
    powders that I have accumulated.
    Last edited by skeettx; 10-02-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Boolit Master

Loaded 10 different loads to try in my 300 Blackout, settling on Lil Gun with Sierra 125gr ProHunter bullets. I've been unpacking all the range stuff and sorting brass from the very nice gentlemen from out of town who after shooting everything under the sun for 5 hours, left me all their brass!

Boolit Master
    Not too much, as I've been in pain pretty much for the last three weeks, but did lube some 9mm boolits.. Didn't have the ambition to load any yet...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    not the reloading room, but had a frustrated batch of casting this afternoon. going to buy a magnifying glass and see if I can find what is causing the finning on my mold. need to test the last batch I loaded before I finish the rest.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

Derek
    In addition to checking the mold, please see how the mold is fitting on the handles.
    Are they loose enough to close properly?
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuBach View Post

Processed my most recent bucket of wheel weights thanks to the nice guys at my local auto shop. Netted 85 lbs of cleaned COWW and 18 lbs of SOWW.

Took a break in the middle to also try out my new MP 454-200 mold. As always Miha does great work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Awesome pics. Great mould.
    I really need to bust out the penta pins and give them a try. I haven't used them in a long time. My mould is so used and abused. Tens of thousands of bullets through it but it still works like a charm.

Boolit Master
    Loaded up150 x162 swcgc rcbs boolits with 13.5 gr of 2400 = 1550 fps in my win trapper 357 ,was going to do some casting but I've got a cold and feeling a bit feeble at the moment.

Cleaned an old Veramec I purchased at a gun show for $20, and made up 3 boxes of 1 1/4oz #6's

Went to my nearby Postal Station and picked up the 2 boxes of brass that I've been expecting for a while that were filled with 550 rounds of once fired Norma 9.3x74R brass! Now I'll see how well they fire-form into .40-90 Ballard ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

So this thread is on its 150th page and still not a sticky. Guess it's still not sticky-worthy despite the obvious popularity...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    So this thread is on its 150th page and still not a sticky. Guess it's still not sticky-worthy despite the obvious popularity...
    Nawh, stickies are supposed to be for threads that provide useful information.

Boolit Bub
    I primed 200 44mag cases last night. Need to fire up the lead pot pretty soon. I only have about 70 44mag bootlits left.

Boolit Master
    Cleaned some of my lead scrap,old flashing,pipe etc cast about 20 lbs of ingots .got about 80 lbs ready to use now .still got 50 lbs of scrap ww flashing to be done.it will give me some space in my little shed.

Page 149 of 604 FirstFirst ... 4999139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159199249 ... LastLast