MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    cleaned out my sizing die and back to loading 38 spec wadcutters.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded up 50 38WCF as a powder test. I left some Unique in the measure (uncovered) for several days and decided to load a few rounds to see how they perform.
    Loaded 20 30-06 rounds for another project with (fresh from the bottle ) Unique. I wanted a bit of a crimp and my Redding die wouldn't apply any sort of crimp without seating the 311041 boolit deeper and swaging the front band down a bit. Dug out my old retired Lyman die set and it worked like a charm! NEVER throw anything away, lol.
    Range trip cancelled on account of rain but I figure I made the best of it.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Was productive this weekend; 200rds .45 ACP, 200rds 9mm, 40rds of .30-06 and, 7 boxes of 12ga.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    I didn't actually do anything in the reloading room this past weekend. I did however buy 100 plated 45 a.c.p. Berrys plated hollow base round noses to try for my 45 and I also broke down and bought one of the rotary media seperators

Boolit Bub
    I resized 200 44mag cases last night. First time at the reloading bench in a while.
    Finally starting to cool down. It`s been a long hot summer for NW Ohio.

I messed up. Loaded a coffee can full of cast 9 mm and had 12 slugs extra.
    Got ready to close up shop then remembered the brass in the cleaner.
    Got 12, 9 mm cases and loaded them and tossed them into the coffee can before
    realizing I'd rotated the powder measure to, "OFF".
    So, I've a potential 8 duds in a can of 800 or so.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    I messed up. Loaded a coffee can full of cast 9 mm and had 12 slugs extra.
    Got ready to close up shop then remembered the brass in the cleaner.
    Got 12, 9 mm cases and loaded them and tossed them into the coffee can before
    realizing I'd rotated the powder measure to, "OFF".
    So, I've a potential 8 duds in a can of 800 or so.
    And there's probably not enough of a weight difference that you could tell by weighing every case. That sucks...

Looking on the bright side though, if you just have a primer, the bullet probably won't go far enough up the barrel to cause a problem. When I've had just a primer fire, the bullet just made it to the lands and stayed there. When I manually cycled a new round, thinking that I had a encountered a completely dud round, the next round would not chamber because the bullet was already there.

Day four and I still haven't run out of brass or propane yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    My Annealeez automatic annealing machine finally arrived so I set it up and spent yesterday annealing about 5,000 rounds of .308 Winchester brass. (WW & FC) Just heading down to the shop right now and will start annealing several thousand rounds of .30-30 brass! Then over the next week or two it's on to .30-06 and .25-06 and 8x57 and .270 and .45-70 and .303 British and 7.62x54R and .32-40 and .38-55 and 7.62x39 and 6.5x55 and ... well, you get the idea!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Bub
    I had taken down my Dillon 550B about 9 months ago for a cleaning. Life and work got in the way, but I I'm operational again. Set it up for .45ACP, dialed in the charge, loaded 5 primer tubes, and I'm ready for a long, long run.

Boolit Master
    Dang Rev Al, that is a sweet looking setup for annealing brass.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

It has sure saved me a ton of time and effort compared to my old traditional "pan of water and a propane torch" annealing method that I used for years. At 63 I find that I have a lot less "juice" than I had when I was younger, and time and effort saving tools like this are being appreciated more and more! Personally, I thought the price was quite reasonable at $275 with the supplied standard sized set of cartridge wheels. I added all of the optional wheel sets to my order so that I can anneal a full range of cartridge case sizes with my unit. I shoot 40 plus different calibres from .17 Remington Improved up to .50-70 Govt. and have accumulated (hoarded?) a LOT of brass in many different calibres over the years to feed my habit so I looked around at the different options and thought this was the best value for the money spent. A friend of mine just bought a "Bench Source" annealing unit and although it is very well made it was also 3 times the amount of money I paid and it doesn't have an auto case feeder. At this point in my life I'm quite willing to spend a bit of money on decent equipment that saves me time and effort and Jeff Buck at Annealeez was a pleasure to deal with and a real gentleman. This machine has a few little "quirks", but after the first 5,000 or so rounds of brass I think I've got most of them figured out now! I'm going to be reforming a bunch of 8x57mm and 7.65x54mm from .270 and '06 brass in the near future so this unit and my mini chop saw will definitely be earning their keep!

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Dang Rev Al, that is a sweet looking setup for annealing brass.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Grand Master

I turned off the lights that got left on Monday.
    Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.
    Oh, and I emptied and reset a mouse trap.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    It has sure saved me a ton of time and effort compared to my old traditional "pan of water and a propane torch" annealing method that I used for years.
    It sure has. Just be careful w/ the small wheel set and short cases. I had the wheel start to melt when processing 300 BLK cases. The flame is really close to the wheel because of the case neck location. The cases started sticking to the wheel. I now only do one hopper and then let it cool down for a little.

I also took off the ridiculous stickers. The potentiometer on mine was bad as well. You can hear it speed up randomly towards the end of the video. Parts are cheap on Amazon so I ordered two complete motor speed controllers.

http://s198.photobucket.com/user/dra...89F8A.mp4.html

You can see where the wheel started to melt slightly.

Got a new brass mold. Can't do anything but admire its nice shiny surface, and all I wanna do is get it dirty and make it rain hollow points.

Boolit Bub
    Flared the mouth on 200 44mag cases last night.

Boolit Master
    Seeing that set up I'm just a beginner in this hand loading hobby ,35 years and still a novice compared to you guys.sized and expanded a couple of hundred 357 mag cases on my wamadet press then primed 70 cases before I had to stop ,dinner calls.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    Seeing that set up I'm just a beginner in this hand loading hobby ,35 years and still a novice compared to you guys.sized and expanded a couple of hundred 357 mag cases on my wamadet press then primed 70 cases before I had to stop ,dinner calls.
    Well, considering where you live, I suspect we have a slight advantage...

Boolit Master
    Yep you got that right .we have to jump through hoops to get anything shooting related .idiots compromised us into almost extinction here ,don't give an inch to antis or you'll end up like this country.they will try to divide shooters if they succeed your done for.

Boolit Bub
    Loaded up 47 45/70 plinker loads. 405gr Lfn over 6.5gr of unique

Boolit Master
    It's finally getting to seem like fall here. Won't be long before I'll start casting some more boolits.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Page 147 of 604 FirstFirst ... 4797137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157197247 ... LastLast