RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Loaded 50 rounds of .223 /55gr blitzking bullets over tac powder for my tikka t3 ,for bunny busting and maybe the odd fox .

Nothing got done in the reloading room today. Instead I went up to the rifle range and shot and shot and shot. Arrived there at 9:00 am ... and left a 4:15 pm! It was a good day!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Decided to try converting a 10-round P18 .38 SUPER mag that I had ordered by mistake into a 17-round one.

The experiment was a success!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iction-removal

Perma-Banned

Powder coated and sized a buttload of bullets that I cast, yesterday.

Also, made the executive decision that I will replace the Lee mold that I used to cast some of these bullets, with a NOE mold as soon as AL opens, in the morning. This is the last time that I will contend with the 1 oversized cavity in that 6 banger mold. It is the last Lee mold that I use...and it should have been replaced, before now.
    Last edited by shoot-n-lead; 09-13-2016 at 02:23 AM.

My Loadmaster press arrived today so I've started fine-tuning it and getting the adjustments right. I polished the top and bottom of the shellplate, which made a huge difference in smoothing out the operation. Tomorrow will be adjusting the dies and fitting the boolit feeder.

Boolit Master
    Sunday I cast some 429421 from a never used, but older mould. Nice boolits! Loob-sized some yesterday with FWFL, loaded 5 to test in 44 Special, and proceeded out the back door only to find my resident turkey flock camped out on my range. All afternoon!
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    Sunday I cast some 429421 from a never used, but older mould. Nice boolits! Loob-sized some yesterday with FWFL, loaded 5 to test in 44 Special, and proceeded out the back door only to find my resident turkey flock camped out on my range. All afternoon!
    Ha Ha sun dog that has happened to me. But come opening day they will check their calendar and not show up. I once stared in disbelief as a whitetail doe & fawn walked in front of my 100yd backstop and pulled a paper plate target off the frame. I quietly unloaded the .243 I had been shooting and retreated to the house.

Cast/ PC/ and Loaded up 50 rounds of 38 special.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Long day and I had 20 38-55 cases all cleaned up & ready to load. Cases are loaded now and I can't recall what was bothering me when I walked in there, lol.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus

I've been repairing/painting some 100 Yr old wooden storm windows for this 100 Yr old House...
    BUT, today's agenda has changed due to the rainy misty weather.
    It'll be casting then lubesizing 500+ of these
    360-160-SWC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Perma-Banned

Tumbling a pile of brass...time to start replenishing the cache,after shooting all summer. I normally try to get it loaded between now and hunting season opener in Oct.

Not actually in the reloading room, but I am patiently waiting for my new NOE SC357-135-RF mold to arrive. I need to cast some of these and load for the .357 lever and the snubbies.
    Last edited by shoot-n-lead; 09-15-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Have primed a 100, new 375w brass. Project on hold until I get new replacement recoil pad for
    butt plate on #3 Ruger, it is killing me off bench. Can't load until I wring it out to see what load
    it likes best.

Boolit Master

Processing .223 brass, still have plenty to go.
    God Bless, Whisler

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    let me know how you like it, curious about uses for that powder myself.
    Finally got to test them out. Now, this was just a comparison on residue left of the PP and Unique.
    The difference was significant, where with Unique it was always a complete strip and clean and the PP was so easy that I ran a DRY towel through it to clean it out.
    I was impressed enough with just that aspect of it that I will now have to chase the magical load for this 1911.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    Sounds like everybody is busy as beavers getting ready for a long,cold winter.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    It looks like we have another interest Not just Hot Rods

Boolit Master
    Sized, trimmed and primed a batch of .303 HXP brass.
    ukrifleman

The reloading room has been moved from the house up to the farm in my shop building, in preparation for being retired, have not found the time to retire just yet. Anyway, Got in a pile of pieces and parts to build two ARs out of, the stuff is now in the old reloading room. So if it rains this weekend I will put the ARs together and two Christmas gifts will be built for family members.
    Ed
    "Let us speak courteously, fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt, May 13, 1903

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-.06.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	176756100 rounds of 30-.06 with NOE 311-150 gr over unique, should have enough for a couple trips to the range now.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Perma-Banned

Been decapping and resizing brass...

Had a Marine and Christian Brother come over today announcing that he just bought an LnL so I gave him the 30 cent tour and he loaded a box of .45 ACP. on mine...
    He was pleased, like a kid with a new toy.
    Years back I taught him on the Rock Chucker now he's moving up in production...today as slow as we went to set it up and go through all the details, he was still amazed how smooth and productive it was for him...he went home smiling!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Page 145 of 604 FirstFirst ... 4595135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155195245 ... LastLast