Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JakeBlanton View Post
    I guess I'm even older-school. I'm partial to using a clay tablet and a stylus. If what you write is worth keeping around, you just put the tablet in a kiln for awhile.

Libraries tend to be a bit heavy though.....
    I just looked it up to see what the lifespan of the dry erase markers might be. According to Expo's website, a tightly capped marker stored horizontally should last for 2-3 years.

I'm pretty sure that my Skilcraft US Government grease pencils are at least 35 years old and they still work. Granted, I don't use them that much, but try getting any other type of marker to last that long even just sitting around.

And one other advantage is that they will write underwater.

I probably should think about trying to find some refills for them.

deprimed and resized some 12ga gunclubs

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    I just looked it up to see what the lifespan of the dry erase markers might be. According to Expo's website, a tightly capped marker stored horizontally should last for 2-3 years.

I'm pretty sure that my Skilcraft US Government grease pencils are at least 35 years old and they still work. Granted, I don't use them that much, but try getting any other type of marker to last that long even just sitting around.

And one other advantage is that they will write underwater.

I probably should think about trying to find some refills for them.
    Around here they barely last 6 months....but I can wipe it off pretty easily when my son gets ahold of em. good ol pencil and paper for me in the office. Or windows "sticky notes" program that is built in.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Made some 300BO cases, then stuffed a Ranch Dog a top of a bunch of them.
    Then stuffed them in a magazine and called it "Can of Whoop-***"
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Around here they barely last 6 months....but I can wipe it off pretty easily when my son gets ahold of em. good ol pencil and paper for me in the office. Or windows "sticky notes" program that is built in.
    Are you talking about grease pencils or dry erase markers?

The dry erase markers are not easy to remove from porous surfaces like paper, wood, or fabric.

Boolit Master
    Oh dry erase, but he colors on himself.

The grease pen is a great idea.

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

Oh dry erase, but he colors on himself.

The grease pen is a great idea.
    Hmmm... Does the human body count as "porous" or "non-porous" with respect to dry erase markers?

I have a good number of pieces of thick glass around my reloading room. They originally were from things like glass furniture or shelves, so the edges are finished and smooth. I have one beside every press and powder measure so that I can write on it what that press and powder measure is currently set up for. I also use some of these pieces of glass as a drying rack for tumble lubed bullets. I build a frame around them though so that the bullets do not roll off the glass "tray".

Spent most of the day unclogging an AC drain - one that goes into the sink drain. The other one goes outside (well almost, they stopped it in the soffit) called the roofer and told him it wasn't a roof leak, roof replaced after the hail storms this year. Why they run into the sink drain I'll never figure. P trap, air break, 5 right angles. Yes, I did use the shop vac. Somebody had a (NOT) bright idea - guess it keeps plumbers employed. Did I say I hate plumbing? Doesn't help when she keeps asking what I'm doing, why, how does that fix it & then repeats. Old age isn't much fun. If it doesn't rain maybe I can let off some steam shooting in the morning.
    Whatever!

Sorry to say nothing as I have stalled working on my new bench and reloading room.

Boolit Master
    Reloaded some 223 And did some resizing for another batch of 223 brass. I guess I have been stuck on 223 all summer!
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Since I am not quite there yet with Shell Holders and Propellants and some Dies, I just deprimed a 100 empty .38 Special cases, and, spent a little time finding small items to weigh on my PACIFIC Power Scale, in order to use those items as referance weights, till I can get more actual formal reference weights somewhere.

So, at least I did something anyway!

Soon as my Shell Holder get's here, I can start Loading .32 20!!

Soon as my Lead gets here, I can start loading .38 Special!

Boolit Master
    Opened a box from UPS, inside was a T-7 turret press.
    Now all I have to do is mount that, plus another powder measure and I can look forward to a productive weekend.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    I have borrowed an impact driver from the office....off to bolt my bench to the studs! Well....I'm supposed to put the lawnmower back together first before play time, but I'll get to it tonight.

Thanks Yall!

Been loading powder coated 9MMs for the last two nights.

Loaded up 100 rounds of 7.62x54R yesterday and spent today up at our local range with 3 friends and shot some of it. Shot pretty good actually, but its going to take some patience and effort to zero that darn PU scope mount on my Mosin sniper! Typical Russian piece of kit that side mount! Like our old Czech gunsmith used to say about Russian made gun stuff ... "built like a tractor" ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    I have borrowed an impact driver from the office....off to bolt my bench to the studs! Well....I'm supposed to put the lawnmower back together first before play time, but I'll get to it tonight.
    Nope didn't get to it....auto-choke reassembly threw me a curve ball. I just couldn't figure it out and drank a few beers while looking. At that point i put the parts down and walked away. got it running this morning and will work on the bench this afternoon.

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded 100 .45acp with a, new to me, Power Pistol load.

After many years of just using Unique I wanted to venture out and try some PP as Unique is scarce, and I wanted to see how much cleaner burning the PP would be over Unique and BE.

Yeah, I am simple minded and set in my ways.... I find something that works and rarely change.

Also, snake season ( wood-cutting) is upon us and I also loaded up some .45acp snake-shot. Only shot I had on hand was #9, but i've read good things about #12 and if I ever find some will try it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε

Boolit Master

A tumbling we shall go, a tumbling we shall go hi ho the dairy-o a tumbling we shall go. Same thing yesterday.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker 45acp View Post
    Loaded 100 .45acp with a, new to me, Power Pistol load.

After many years of just using Unique I wanted to venture out and try some PP as Unique is scarce, and I wanted to see how much cleaner burning the PP would be over Unique and BE.

Yeah, I am simple minded and set in my ways.... I find something that works and rarely change.

Also, snake season ( wood-cutting) is upon us and I also loaded up some .45acp snake-shot. Only shot I had on hand was #9, but i've read good things about #12 and if I ever find some will try it.
    let me know how you like it, curious about uses for that powder myself.

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Buddy
    let me know how you like it, curious about uses for that powder myself.
    Will do. Should (the plan is, anyway) get to shoot some this weekend, perhaps even tomorrow if the planets align!

It's a pretty fine powder and metered really well.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε

Page 143 of 604 FirstFirst ... 4393133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153193243 ... LastLast