RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

Where to begin????????????
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Basically doing the same in my new reloading room too. I'm heading down there shortly. (Just finished up some lunch.) I'll continue sorting and repackaging and labeling hulls, wads, brass, bullets, etc. so that I can actually move amongst the clutter ... plus it would be nice to finally figure out where everything "lives" down there!
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Loaded up some miscellaneous 9mm brass because I have a new to me 45 coming pretty soon. The 9mm stuff was in the way.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Reloaded and shot 15 50 RB at the fun shoot Fort Bridger Wyoming.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    Basically doing the same in my new reloading room too. I'm heading down there shortly. (Just finished up some lunch.) I'll continue sorting and repackaging and labeling hulls, wads, brass, bullets, etc. so that I can actually move amongst the clutter ... plus it would be nice to finally figure out where everything "lives" down there!
    Just think of all the stuff you are going to find that you never knew you had...forgot you had!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

I already have found some "treasures" digging around down in the shop and I'm looking forward to finding more! I found boxes of brass I forgot all about, some Dillon parts and accessories I'd bought and forgotten all about, plus some odds and ends in reloading equipment I'd bought and forgotten about. (These days my life seems to REVOLVE around things I've done and forgotten about!) I already sold off some of the surplus "treasures" I found online and then re-invested the funds into the purchase of an automatic annealing machine. I'm heading down there right now to continue searching and sorting ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Nothing. Yesterday was a different story. I figured out how to put 2# of stuff in a 1# bag.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Boolit Master
    Went to Costco yesterday and picked up 6 more GI ammo cans and a set of plastic food storage containers that will be used for boolit storage. Out in the shop last night filling one of the ammo cans with 40-65 brass.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master

Looked in there to see if anything fell over in our little earthquake this morning. Couldn't tell. May get in there this evening to lubesize some 38-40 and 38-55 boolits.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Continued working on restoring an abused Marlin 336 with now doing rust blueing on the parts. A first for me but so far I am very pleased with the results. Seeing an abused rifle returning to life is very pleasing to me. Wood has already been done and the metamorphosis is amazing. Like building a pyramid, easy but takes some time.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    I already have found some "treasures" digging around down in the shop and I'm looking forward to finding more! I found boxes of brass I forgot all about, some Dillon parts and accessories I'd bought and forgotten all about, plus some odds and ends in reloading equipment I'd bought and forgotten about. (These days my life seems to REVOLVE around things I've done and forgotten about!) I already sold off some of the surplus "treasures" I found online and then re-invested the funds into the purchase of an automatic annealing machine. I'm heading down there right now to continue searching and sorting ...
    Maybe us ole farts need to buy a video camera for the shop so we can watch the previous days follies to determine what we ought do today?
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Maybe us ole farts need to buy a video camera for the shop so we can watch the previous days follies to determine what we ought do today?
    My old geezer shooting buddy gave me a low-tech solution to that issue: he made me a dry-erase board to hang in my loading room just in case I forget why I wandered in there.

I lube/sized some 38-55 boolits and started on some for my 38-40's before my shoulders and attention span gave out.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    My old geezer shooting buddy gave me a low-tech solution to that issue: he made me a dry-erase board to hang in my loading room just in case I forget why I wandered in there.

I lube/sized some 38-55 boolits and started on some for my 38-40's before my shoulders and attention span gave out.
    Dry erase board? That's pretty new-fangled...

I'm old school -- grease pencil on a piece of glass.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    Dry erase board? That's pretty new-fangled...

I'm old school -- grease pencil on a piece of glass.
    No that is to much time in CIC. Shhh don't tell 'em.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    No that is to much time in CIC. Shhh don't tell 'em.
    Actually, the grease pencils that I have are leftover from when I was in the Navy. You would think that after all these decades, they would have run out of the marker stick. I guess that's why the companies came up with the dry erase markers -- to make more money on the supplies.

Boolit Buddy

From Florida originally, but these days it's wherever my RV is parked
    I guess I'm even older-school. I'm partial to using a clay tablet and a stylus. If what you write is worth keeping around, you just put the tablet in a kiln for awhile.

Libraries tend to be a bit heavy though.....
    Home is where the RV is...

"assassinating a leader is morally justified when people have suffered under a tyrant for an extended period of time and has exhausted all legal and peaceful means to overthrow that leader" -- Abraham Lincoln
    Kind of ironic, don't ya' think?

Nothing in the reloading room today so far, just backyard stuff

Beautiful cool clear morning. Perfect for casting
    Lee 401-175-TC
    25 pounds total ~1,000 boolits

Quote Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
    Beautiful cool clear morning. Perfect for casting
    Lee 401-175-TC
    25 pounds total ~1,000 boolits
    Nice! Wish there was a"like" button for posts?

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Tinkered with the 03' some . It was badly bubba'd , as a free float it sings like me ....or maybe a strangled cat , in either case it's not good . Tinkering with tip pressure, I'm told 8# is the ticket .

I picked up a 311291 that is supposed to be the 30 cal bullet . I knew it was an under size so it would be perfect for fat 31cal paper patch . So I cast a few and it sure enough it cast .308 with a .298 nose . Ran them through the .316 with 2 turns of a nice .002 calculator tape . Perfect.

I'm working on a super heavyweight for a Colts rifle , a nice 457-340 that drops at 458-353 . It's a kick to shoot . It gets sized 454 then 451 . A nice snort of H322 and it's all most exactly what I was after . A 100 group .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Son of a motherless goat.y d*am new to me truck broke down in Wyoming. On a freaking holiday no less.

Got towed to a shop. Now need to wait until tomorrow to see if they can fix it.

Feels like the transmission went out. As you can't go forward just in reverse.

I somely swear that I will NOT travel on the Holiday or a Sunday.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Page 142 of 601 FirstFirst ... 4292132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152192242 ... LastLast