WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 14 of 603 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114514 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

I loaded some light test loads for my 9mm. I haven't tested light loads for accuracy yet since the heavier loads work so well.
    I loaded some Lee 356-120-tc boolits over light charges of Bullseye and WST.
    I'll try them out this weekend.

Boolit Buddy
    Carried a Dillon order out to the man cave.

Boolit Master

Stored about 100# of free lead.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Case prep still ....................... Thank goodness for Doug Giraud's trimmer !

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Buddy

Today I tumble lubed all of the .356 124's that I sized yesterday. Now I'm moving over to the presses to decap a few hundred .40S&W cases and load up some .451 230 grain TC TL rounds to test in my 1911. If the weather ever warms up I want to have some test loads ready.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfustyle View Post
    "Why I'm at it" can get to be a three day event.....only to be stopped by wife, children or work....
    I was going to tune a new Springfield Armory EMP Saturday then start casting. NOW, I find out I have to go visit my Daughter instead. I love her dearly, but really! Where the "H" do these convoluted priorities come from anyway.

Installed a Lyman M die on my LNL, put handles on my new NOE mold, reamed primer pockets on a few hundred Herter's 45 cases and installed the correct PTX expander after receiving a replacement from Hornady.

I probably wouldn't have bought the M die had I received the correct PTX expander in the first place!! I purchased a .451 and received a .355!!! I should have looked at the stamp on the metal. Package stuffer at Hornady wasn't paying attention when he loaded that one.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

COTEP CBOB0736

Boolit Master

I added another 14 feet of bench space today,and working on a new floor now.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Buddy
    I sized 1300 H&G#68's on my Star.
    Distinguished, Master,2600 club, President 100 badge holder.

Finally finished sizing and trimming .223 cases . Set up the annealing machine and ended up with just over MMMMD of them when it was all done . Off to final polish now .

Jack

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    Finally finished sizing and trimming .223 cases . Set up the annealing machine and ended up with just over MMMMD of them when it was all done . Off to final polish now .

Jack
    How long does it take to size and trim 4500 .223 cases?

I didn't keep track of the time and rather than using Hornady "One Shot" for lube I was using the greasy pad which took longer . Sizing and decapping on the Co-Ax , trimming with the Guraud ..... I'm guessing between nine and eleven hours . I played five movies in the background while the sizing was going on does that help ?

Today I finished up the polish after anneal step and sanded some cans to get them ready for paint and cut some cardboard for can liners .

Jack

Black Rifles Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post

Today I finished up the polish after anneal step and sanded some cans to get them ready for paint and cut some cardboard for can liners .

Jack
    Guess I missed why you needed to anneal the cases. I've been reloading since 1979 but never in high volume so I've never annealed any of my brass.

Boolit Master
    Me neither............... But i do need to start annealing 22-250 brass because when i withdraw the expander ball from some of this brass, it screeches as i pull it out.

Boolit Master
    Decapped about 60 cases of 45 acp after dinner and will finish the prep and load them tomorrow. That will be the last of those at least until we get out of the deep freeze and I can shoot again.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

I cast the Lyman sabot for my Remington 12 gauge slug gun. According to Lyman the mould is supposed to drop 525 grain slugs. I use salvage lead from a local business that buys scrap metal. My lead ingots include sheet roofing lead, lead pipe, dental lead, and other types of supposedly "pure" lead. Well, it may be close, but it ain't pure lead.

And some of the sabots were very light, some as light as 475 grains. They were pretty, nice, shiny, no ripples or pitting, nice crisp, clean lines. But light. I set them aside. And today remelted them, mixing them with ingots from three separate lead "smelting sessions. I use mini muffin tins for making ingots. I hoped that combining the light sabots with equal weights of lead of the three casting sessions would create a consistent allow with a reliable weight.

So far that seems to be working. My pure lead still isn't pure. But my efforts are yielding Lyman sabots around 490 grains with casting pot to casting pot consistency.

And in the middle of all of this my Lee 10 lb. bottom pour pot started a leak that I couldn't fix with the screw driver. So, I emptied out the pot, let it cool off, disassembled it, and cleaned out the pot and the bottom pour spigot.

Works like a charm! I was pleased with the fruit of my labor.

Finished painting my first bench. Have to work tomorrow so can't get to the store for bolts to mount a press. But hopefully have it mounted and functioning soon. Have a new carrier on its way for the Lee I got from brassmagnet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150108_231522_611.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	126874Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150110_011638_888.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	126875
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

If not annealing works well for anyone I'm good with that . In this case I scrounged up every empty Federal brand case I had with some of them dating back to 1987 . Annealing them all does help me on the target I believe , in addition to adding a little bit of life before the necks crack . A sample loading of cases before annealing was a bit larger on the target .

Today I'm deciding on either paint and stencil the cans or just start loading and wait for warmer weather to paint .

Jack

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Grand Master

Nothing yet, need to test some loads before I get to do any more loading. Doubt I'll make it to the range this weekend but I guess an hour or two cleaning, sorting and straightening up in there might help.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Funny Yet Sad: Somedays ( Like today, when I have not much to do and the weather is nasty) I just go down to my loading room & sit by my press. Dreaming of better days to come!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Page 14 of 603 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114514 ... LastLast