Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Sized and lubed about 10 pounds of 454-200HP. I've been using Hi-Tek so long i forgot how easy it was to use a lube sizer. Hi tek is awesome but it was nice to not have to bake the batches of bullets first.
    Of course the lube isn't as clean but I'm not worried about that. I might just lube some more 45s next time.

Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    Sized and decapped 60 308 ppu cases I found in the range bin and 20 of my own ppu cases .I'm always amazed people don't reload, only bought 100 cases all my brass is once fired range pickups .
    I've had similar experience with my 30-06. I bought it new in 1979 and bought one box of Federal 180 SP's for it. Also bought a couple boxes (20 round) of military surplus a year later and that's the last FACTORY loaded ammo to go through the rifle. Everything else, including what I have now is reloads from range pick-ups or gifts from friends who knew I reloaded. Some of it has been reformed 270 brass but still works fine. Still have more unloaded brass if I need it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    loaded up another 100 rnds of 38 wadcutters. Looks like a still need to adjust the left pawl slightly, was hoping the new strong mount would fix that issue.
    wooooo, left pawl adjusted very slightly counter-clockwise and they are back to lining up on every pull of the handle again. I suppose I could've done that without the new mount, but that was my excuse for buying it . Was every 10-11 pulls or so it was slightly short of lining up. Cleaned the plate and all the parts while I was at it before adjusting any of the timing.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

That timing feature really caught me by surprise when I rec'd. my LnL, thought that was 'progressive thinking'... ...
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Weather is cooling off so last night cleaned up the garage enough to get to the reloading bench.
    Hung up a new led shop light, so now I can see.
    Cleaned off the bench and got things ready to reload this morning.

Just printed out my reloading log and enjoying some coffee before heading out to give 2k 452-230tc Boolits a new home.

Just joined a new range with steel plates, that I can stop at before work.
    Ammo is disappearing very, very fast.

One more range trip and I will be out of 45, unless I get to reloading now.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160816_154912.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	174608
    Smoke's sign blue/alum silver on some cast.
    38spl shotshells.
    Tumbled/sorted brass.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    That timing feature really caught me by surprise when I rec'd. my LnL, thought that was 'progressive thinking'... ...
    I think i jinxed it and spoke too soon. After ~100 rnds or so it started catching every 15 pulls again. Just slightly too short on the upstroke so I have to tap the shell carrier forward. I do believe it is my desk, since it does wobble a tad and it is just a cheap computer desk refinished with 1 1/2" thick ply wood. Going to try bolting it to the studs in the wall and see if that helps. On the back burner for now due to house work though.

Thanks Yall!

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Ground out and clipped another box of 45 . I'm using up the last of the factory cast bullets from the 90s . I think I have just enough empty brass to get rid of all those .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Buddy
    Just finished the last batch of 556 Lake City brass and they are loaded and in the ammo can. I used the Dillon Super Swage 600 to clean up the primer pockets, then the rest on the Lock and Load. I have over 2200 done, loaded with Hornady 55 grain spire points, Winchester small rifle primers, and Benchmark. It took me 3 nights to do. This is the second batch I have done since getting the LNL press, and I really like it.

Boolit Master
    Well yesterday turned out to be a nice day to hurry up and take a nap.
    Still got 500+ rounds loaded up before my powder measure stopped working.
    It was getting cranky, but I had hoped it would make it through at least 1k so I didn't have to dump all the powder out again.
    Just needed a very good cleaning and polishing.
    After I am done with this batch of 45 I plan on taking it apart and polishing it up real slick.

Wanted out of the house this morning, so I went and shot 300 rounds up.
    Will probably shoot the rest before work tomorrow.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Finished 12 arrows for my granddaughter's bow---Bear Sun Bear---25lbs,24" draw.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Bub
    Started smelting 50kg of Pb that my son in law gave me.

Together with what I already have stashed away, I'll probably never run out of lead or WWs.

But, I find smelting theraputive, besides its great trade material.

Cheers Mark

Some how, yesterday when I got home from work, I did not look in the mail box. Had a lot of stuff going on. So this morning at oh-dark thirty I opened the garage door and stepped out to the mail box, and there it was. My order form Chris Smith, .225 sizing die and punch for my Star Lubesizer. I know what I am going to be doing tomorrow morning. Woooo Hooo!!!

Thanks Chris.

Boolit Grand Master

Well, I got tired of moving containers of cast bullets around, and took about 35-40 pounds of unlubed bullets and made ingots. Ingots will be hardness tested and some time in the future, they will become bullets again...
    Last edited by mdi; 08-19-2016 at 01:01 PM.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    Gonna load up another batch of 38's tonight and rest my foot after running around all week. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend at the house.

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Grand Master

Cleaned up a bit, found & labelled some boolits I'd cast & lubed in past few sessions. Have a few moulds on the hot plate and my new RCBS pot is heating up. Think I'll assemble the recently-repaired old RCBS pot and make it a casting weekend. Too wet to do much else around here.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Received my .225 die and punch set from Chris Smith and installed them in my Star sizer. It took a while for the lube to fill the die and then we were off and running. Placing gas-checks and running them through the machine. I did about 100 and then ladder loaded 5 for the AR. Will test them this morning. Cleaned up my mess.

Yesterday i got my BP pistols lined out for hunting. Later I want to load a box of 30-30s with the Lee Loader for giggles. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    Sized and expanded 40 357 mag cases,decapped 100 223 cases .have to trim about 500 223 cases next ,hate that job

Installed another set of metal shelves in addition to the ones that were already in there. Ran out of room to store "stuff" in the new gun room / reloading room in a big hurry! (It looked WAY bigger when I first built it?)
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Page 139 of 604 FirstFirst ... 3989129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149189239 ... LastLast