Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Fished the parts for my s&w model 10-10 out of the jar of atf mix and reassembled. Smooth as silk now and nice aND lubricated. Time for a range trip! I'm just thrilled I didnt lose any parts.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Buddy
    Sized a batch of 44 mag and loaded some more 38spcl . Derek that's good when we moved into the new house had hardwood floors put in my reloading room . Makes it easier to find parts that get dropped or go flying . When we moved out of the old house I found that 1911 plug that I had launched and lost years ago .

Boolit Master

Broke down 200 rounds 5.56 to uniform the primer pockets after having a couple slam fires in AR 15. About all trimmed and ready to reassemble.

Boolit Master

Deburred 50 308 Win. case I had trimmed the day before. Now on to the primer pockets then running them through the tumbler.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Right now I have a bunch of 338 Federal cases in the tumbler, getting cleaned up. Earlier today, not in the reloading room I moved 5 gallons of hard apple cider to the secondary carboy. Tomorrow I will add a little dextrose to make it a sparkling cider then bottle it up. Took a taste....it's GOOD. Will be terrific after about 2 months of aging.

Boolit Grand Master

Moved the Betsy Ross flag and it now properly hangs from the rafters. Old location will be filled by a new Gadsen flag when it arrives on Monday.

Also cleaned up all the bullets my 2yo son knocked over last night. I know I will find some stragglers for years to come. There were about 5k 22cal bullets alone :beer:

Boolit Grand Master

Picked up my 38-40 at the gunsmith and knew some quality time in the loading room was on my agenda. Sized and loaded boolits for my 45-70 Trapdoor and for the recent arrival. After sampling the goodies from my smoker I loaded the aforementioned boolits. Range day tomorrow!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Turned on the AC waited a few hours then turned on the radio by then working out in the yard cleaning up I cut the AC off put one of the speakers outside and got in the pool. Then I pulled the grill out beside the pool and cook some pork ribs and drank beer while riding a float oh it was hot here today. Reloading room is untouched for a few weeks now.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Master

Used to own a house with a pool. Didn't use it much since for most of the year, it was too warm to even get into it. No shade, so the water just continued to heat up all summer -- all 9 months of our summer. Water temperature would get into the upper 80Fs and low 90Fs. I'll never buy a house with a pool in it again.

Spent time in my reloading shack today drinking beer and trying to find something. I know it's there *somewhere*. Obviously, I just don't have enough beer to be able to find it. I'll try to remedy that situation.

Put some more fired brass in the ss pin tumbler, sorted out a mixture of pulled bullets that I tumbled and cleaned up a little while back, loaded about 200 rounds of .45 ACP on the Dillon for my JR Carbine, sorted through some tumbled and cleaned .303 British brass to sort them out by headstamp (so that I can anneal some of them and then load a bunch up with a blank charge and cornmeal to fire form into .410 Enfield Musket). I think that'll do until tomorrow!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

It was .277 day. Finished loading 70 .270 win with RL-22 and 130gr Federal pull downs , then sized, chamfered 100 6.8 spc and loaded 60 with Benchmark and 110gr Sierra Pro Hunter. Still too hot to shoot; maybe by October.....Best,Thomas.

Boolit Master
    Loaded 60 rounds of 180gr 309 sized and gas checked Lee boolits into sako brass that I trimed,expanded chamfered primed etc last week.then loaded up 50 180gr sil rcbs mold boolits in 357 mag.so I don't feel I've wasted my day off!

Loaded 50 rounds of .357 magnum.
    135 grain sc jhp/ over 7.5 grains of tight group.

Cant wait to shoot it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    loaded 50 rounds of 9mm, then turned off the a.c. and went into the house.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    loaded 50 rounds of 9mm, then turned off the a.c. and went into the house.
    I keep the air-conditioner set for 80F in my reloading "shack" during the summer just so none of my dies and tools end up rusting. If I'm going to be working in there, I turn the temp down to 72-75F.

Today I loaded up 20 223 with an NOE 22-055 FNGC over 6.0 grns of Red Dot and took them and 100 other 223 loaded with the same boolit but with 5.5 grns of Red Dot. Neither load was especially accurate at about 6 inches at 100 yards. My Savage model 11 seems to like a heavier NOE boolit of 70 grain round nose. With that boolit over 5.5 grns of Red Dot I can get about 1.5 at 100 yards, I would like to try and get that down to 1". Tomorrow I will load some up with the 70 grn boolit with 6.0, 6.5, and 7.0 of Red Dot. I will also load some with other powders but haven't decided which to use yet.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

I tried some Enforcer in 44 mag.Loaded 50 rounds and went to the range and found out I forgot to crimp 2 rounds.The other 48 shot well.
    One who does nothing makes no mistakes.

Moderator Emeritus

I'm in the last few days of reloading project. (1K) 223rem with 50gr J-PSP.
    note to self, next time, I'll be buying prepped brass, sorting the ones that needed trimming, then trimming those was too much time at the bench.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Worked on an old Loadmaster replacing some worn parts that Lee kindly sent me. All I paid was shipping. Got it indexing perfect. Now to sort out the case feeder for 223 rifle reloading!
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I've misplaced 100 45 Schofield cases ....... I did come up with 150 Colts I had given up on finding on purpose though so I guess it worked out.....
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Page 136 of 604 FirstFirst ... 3686126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146186236 ... LastLast