Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Load DataWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

Cast a pile of BIG boolits last night for my 45-90, pretty slow going with a single cav. Cleaned up and straightened up a bit tonight...looking for something. Found lots of stuff, just not what I was looking for. Do I really need eight cans of Hornady One Shot case lube? Sometimes I order a can to keep Midway from sending my stuff USPS.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Cast a pile of BIG boolits last night for my 45-90, pretty slow going with a single cav. Cleaned up and straightened up a bit tonight...looking for something. Found lots of stuff, just not what I was looking for. Do I really need eight cans of Hornady One Shot case lube? Sometimes I order a can to keep Midway from sending my stuff USPS.
    What mold did you use for the 49-90?

Boolit Master
    nada, still out of 148gr wadcutters and my LnL is setup for 38's. I have a big pile out back I am working on getting hi-tek'd for another round but keep getting distracted by other projects. I loaded enough in my last batch to hold me over a few months but I miss the routine.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post

TXGunNut,
    I know just what you mean on slow going with Big Boolits and a single cavity mold. I decided it would be so much faster to turn out more if I had a master caster from Magma Engineering that would not only help on the larger boolits and single molds but also on the rest of my casting on smaller one and two cavity molds too. I cast this pile of 405 gr from my single mold in about thirty minutes, all but three were keepers.

Boolit Bub
    I finished up powder coating the 1000 or so 180 gr .40/10mm FN boolits that I cast last week. I also tumbled, sized, and belled the 10mm cases that I shot at the range last week on my first trip out with the G29. Just J words last week but as soon as I get a sizing die i'll work up a load with the pc lead boolits.

Built a new eight foot bench at stand up height. Then I temporarily mounted my presses to it to determine spacing. I think I can have them at 16" on center. This bench is for reloading only. Anyone out there mounting them that close successfully? Two RL550s, a Lyman T-Mag ll and a couple rock chuckers.

Boolit Grand Master

Almost got through the boxes of reloading items I bought a few months back. Most of it is put away and what's left needs to be priced for sale.

130# of lead I alloyed up to be Lyman #2 turned out short of Sn and Sb when xrf gunned. Re-Melted and added some printers lead and pewter (plus plain) to get them up to 5/5/90 alloy. Of course adding more stuff in I'm ending up with 150# going into ingots. Destined to become .223 and other rifle bullets. Classic example of why I work in large batches when doing scrap, get some variation of ingredients so end up close, then dial it in. End up with a good supply of desired alloy sitting on the shelf.

Heading to the bench to size and GC some 8mm and maybe load some .223 now that I'm set with lead to make more
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Didn't do anything but managed to source some 2400 after spending ages looking !

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    130# of lead I alloyed up to be Lyman #2 turned out short of Sn and Sb when xrf gunned. Re-Melted and added some printers lead and pewter (plus plain) to get them up to 5/5/90 alloy. Of course adding more stuff in I'm ending up with 150# going into ingots. Destined to become .223 and other rifle bullets. Classic example of why I work in large batches when doing scrap, get some variation of ingredients so end up close, then dial it in. End up with a good supply of desired alloy sitting on the shelf.

Heading to the bench to size and GC some 8mm and maybe load some .223 now that I'm set with lead to make more
    That is 17500 60 grain little pills for you 223. Happy casting.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Buddy
    Well, being a long weekend here. I had son help with brass prep. I had a bunch of 45acp that needed to be cleaned so, deprime and run through the bulge buster and wash with soap and citric acid....a couple hours later and...half a 5 gallon pail full!! Makes for a good bonding session after a school year just talking and listening to what plans he has and how the world looks through a 11 year olds eyes. With all the C**P that is going on in the world, he has positive aspersions and goals.....honours list every year and couldn't be more proud watching him run the press and talking about nothing and everything .

Boolit Master
    Got inspired by finding 2400 sized expanded some 357 and 308 brass to do some loading when it arrives.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    What mold did you use for the 49-90?
    Used the BACO Money 459535M3. Not very happy with that mould, loading some of the best of those and 20 from my Lyman 457125 today. I think I'll get the hang of this BACO mould someday, we'll see. Shoulder bothering me a bit so taking a break before measuring powder.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Nothing. Too darn hot to be piddling around in there...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy

Made up some Patriotic 45acp loads..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3398.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	171573

Boolit Grand Master

Nice operation you have there, MOA. You do good work with it as well, obviously. Very nice.

Well, I took the liberty to load up 100 rounds of 30-30 with the Lee 180 gr and 8 gr of green dot. They were just 2nds boolits and I didn't do anything fancy for just plinking at the range. First time in a couple of years I have been able to do this since Mr. Sciatica finally came in full time instead of just part time. Gonna try to get to the range in a couple of days. Gotta figure something for those hard 2x8 bench seats.
    May you hands be warmed on a frosty day.

Not in the reloading room, but this will result in more time in the reloading room. Made these 4"x4" gongs and a little structure for them. Should finish them up for this coming weekend.

Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot

Been frustrated loading 9mm. Have loaded tens of thousands, and now the recent ones won't chamber. The stick out about 0.040" and I couldn't figure it out. So I called the good people at Dillon Presion. Since station one, sizing, produces brass in tolerance that easily chambers, they said it was too much crimp. Fixed that and still had the same problem, so I reduced my bell to the bare minimum. Still have the same problem.
    Changed from a 115 grain boolit to a 95 grain. Problem goes away. Same company, same diameter, but a new seating depth of 1.030" from 1.125". Haven't figured it out yet.
    i have loaded thousands of the 115 grains.

Frustrated in Kansas!

Boolit Mold
    Have you cleaned your dies? I know my 357 dies got clogged when my lube went south one time. I finally traced it out to a missing ingredient in my lube. the lube just kept building up and changed the sizing. Your problem may be just an overlooked step. Good luck.

Muddy61

Page 130 of 604 FirstFirst ... 3080120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140180230 ... LastLast