RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Cast about 300 8mm Karabiners in my garage, then sized checked and lubed 50 of them while culling the bad ones in my workshop. The mold self-beagled 3 times, caught and cleaned the lead out and continued.

I did it to empty the Lyman Mag 25 for its second trip to Middleton, CT.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Man
    looked at my press and said naaa not today and picked up my 45 and shells and went out the back door to throw lead down range

Boolit Master

Had pens pencils and other small items sitting on the bench but or kitten up there in the middle of the night and had a good old time dragging stuff all over the house while we were sleeping. So my day at the bench was putting all that stuff away, lol.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Grand Master

Finished sizing/de-priming 2000 45 ACP. Primer pockets this evening.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Cast 300 358495 wadcutters and loaded 100 38 special practice loads.

Boolit Master
    Loaded up 1,000 5.56 for the desert next week.

Boolit Master
    Out of town for the week on business, brought my range kit thought so hopefully I can find an hour or 2 to sneak away. Hopefully will setup the pro 1000 when I get back and start cranking out some more 38 spec rounds.

Boolit Master
    Cast 70 308 Lee 180 gr boolits and 140 .223 55gr Lee boolits tumble lubed ,great casting session boolit's just fell from the molds like there supposed too and my Lee 10lb pot didn't drip,happy days!

Boolit Buddy

Completed two sets of test rounds for my new 95 Grain .380 PC'ed pills. One set using Red dot and another using Titegroup should be shooting them tomorrow!

Boolit Master
    Loaded 40 308 cases with Lee 180gr gas checked boolits I case earlier over 18gr of 2400 to use tommorow in our tunnel range.stripped and cleaned 2 1022 mags that were playing up, full of wax from bullets and carbon .since I put a mod on the rifle it gets gummed up really quick ,but its nice just to hear the boolit's hitting paper targets and the clunk of the action only.

Boolit Grand Master

Headed for the trap range after coffee but will need some 45-90 ammo tomorrow. Will get to spend some quality time in there later today.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy

Loaded up 400 9mm 124gr TC bullets over 3.3 grains of titegroup
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Boolit Buddy

I just finished processing 528 pieces of 5.56 brass. Cleaned with SS pins, Sized, Crimp removed, Trimmed, and Polished with corncob / Nu Finish. I scraped 7 pieces and 49 had dents from ejection. I load and shoot the dents out but I consider the cases as seconds. Mostly because I like my reloads to look like they just came from the factory. So 472 pieces of shiny grade A brass awaits loading.
    L.E.C.

Boolit Master
    Loaded a box of 9mm with a cast 124 gr. Lee tc and 5 gr.of True Blue. That powder goes thru my powder measure without a hitch.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Messed with a new to me pro 1000. Works fine if I prime separately otherwise the primer doesn't want to feed. I'll figure it out eventually, got 100 or so 9mm rounds cranked out on it though.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Loaded ANOTHER 500 rounds of 40's to finish off the first of 4-1000 round boxes. IF you lightly (and I mean lightly)lube your cases with Dillon spray case lube, they will run through a Square Deal B like nobody's business!!!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

turned 50 357 mag cases into 256 Win Mag for a neighbor, cast a couple hundred 9mm for me and 200ish 357 for my neighbor, PC and sized all cast. Sized, tumbled, trimmed and chamfered 250 300 AAC BLKOUT cases. organized and tried to cleanup Man Cave/Reloading room

Boolit Master
    dropped my lee auto disk powder measure and cracked the hopper again this morning. went to the LGS, they didn't have the replacement but they had the pro upgrade kit for it. Works well enough and I got the adjustable charge bar as part of the deal. Got the loadmaster to feed primers but only if I'm manually tripping the case sensor. Wonder if I remove it completely and just let it feed primers every time if it will work. Still waiting for the primer tray to arrive so will test it next weekend most likely. the ~100 rounds I cranked out on it the previous night shot fine at the range.

new test load for 9mm, 3.9gr n320 and berry 124gr plated.
    Last edited by DerekP Houston; 05-29-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Boolit Master

loaded up 300 9mm with 3,8 gr of RedDot
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    Cast a few 38 Spcl ....Got some 308 ready to anneal .