Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 12 of 604 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Today I was trying to finish up what I started two days ago and that was tearing down and cleaning a 12 gauge MEC Super 600 and a MEC 650 in 20 gauge....then putting them back together, adjusting and checking for parts that may need to be replaced...these have been in storage for quite awhile and really needed it.....my reloading room is still in disaster mode from the process.....probably still have a couple days in there "cleaning" up...

Boolit Buddy
    Just finished loading 400 .38 sp cases with 150 gr SWCs from my SAEco mould over 3.8 of 700x. Trying a change of pace from Bullseye and seeing how economical it is at a like velocity. I have a feeling it'll take over 4 grains to match the Bullseye at 3.8...

Boolit Master
    Gathered up a old project that was languishing in the closet…….. finished blueprinting a Kar98a , and barreled it to a new 7mm featherweight bbl.
    Can't wait to get it stocked.

Boolit Master

Loaded up some test loads for my new mood 453423 into 45 auto rim brass over healthy doses of unique.
    Switched over to 45-70 and loaded a good batch of them with a 405 lee over 11 grains of unique.

Don't want to switch the Dillon over to load anything else until I test the ar loads. That kind of puts me in limbo till I get to the range.

Boolit Master
    Cleaned the bench, re-organized the shelves to show all my different bullets and powders at a glance. Looks like my own little gun shop, very professional. Rifle bullets on one shelf, from 20 cal to 50 cal, and pistol bullets on another, 9mm to 45s. Powders are sorted by burn rate, Bullseye on one end, Reloader 22 at the other.

Gotta cast up a ton more boolits... running low on 38s, 40s, 45s, and 30 cal rifle. But now I can see at a glance how much I have of each. It helps.

Boolit Master
    Loaded up a batch of 7.92x57 FMJ loads for my K98.

ukrifleman.

Boolit Grand Master

Headed in there soon, cast a few test boolits last weekend and spent Jan 1 doing boolit prep.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Made a mess.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Grand Master

Sized/deprimed/tumbled 150 357 cases, sized and tumbled about 50 pieces of range brass.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Buddy
    Heat treated my new NOE mould. Now have to find out if it is safe to use for my lever action. Dang.

Boolit Grand Master

Set up the 300 BLK jig in a cutoff saw. It was 37 degrees and I was getting frustrated aligning it. Kept going from 1.380 to 1.550 and I couldn't get it to settle in around 1.370. Eventually got it 1.375 and I'm leaving it there. Should have fired up the heater but I didn't think it would take that long.

Sorted 180# of WW.
    Your career doesn't define the man you are, what kinda Dad you are does!

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded three new boolits for the 30-30, 32WS and the 35 Whelen. Whelen loads were a bit troublesome so I SWAG'd them. Will file a flight plan so you'll know where to look for the pieces, lol.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Quote Originally Posted by bigarm View Post
    Heat treated my new NOE mould. Now have to find out if it is safe to use for my lever action. Dang.
    Why did you heat treat the mold before using? Also, how did you do it?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    I call it heat cycling. I put a new mould on the hot plate and bring it up to operating temp; about 350. Then I let it cool. Repeat two more times. Not sure why or how it works but it seems to shorten the break-in time.

Cast some 38, sized some 45, and loaded some 45's.

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150104_082207.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	126264
    smiled when i was done. From three buckets of WW. Got 220# good COWW, 6# zinc, 24# SOWW and alot of steel. Now to shovel snow, getting hit quite hard here now. First good dumping this year.

Boolit Grand Master

Gave a friend about 1.5 gal of 9mm brass for his new Taurus, and bought his remaining 41 JHP for my new Ruger. Everyone's "Happy Happy Happy".
    Cast some sample boolits from 4 new (to me) molds for 45 70.

Boolit Master

Loaded some 300 BLK with 125 Ballistic Tips for testing to hunt with next year. Made some Bens TLL.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Yes, as stated above heat cycling would be a better term. I did it only because the directions supplied with it said to do so. I used my convection oven.

Page 12 of 604 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112512 ... LastLast