Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

TODAY
    Was loading some 12 gauge, in my inside shop area, on a Texan MIV press,
    Then went out to the back reloading shop and started cranking the
    handle on my Star set up for 38 Special, the Hulme case feeder
    was working just great.
    Then it happened
    The feeder quit feeding, so I cleared the jam thinking a 357 Mag
    case has gotten in with the special brass
    NO WAY
    It was a 351 Winchester Self Loading case, now I wonder where
    that came from!!!

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

I was busy today I got caught up on loading my 8MM Mausers, .45 colt and 223s. Many hundreds of rounds done today. Tomorrow its the .45 autos and the .380s.

Boolit Buddy
    Decapped a bunch of 45acp and 38 spcl.

Boolit Bub
    Mounted my new to me 450 lube sizer. Waiting for my .358 sizer to size and lube my first ever batch of boolits.

Quote Originally Posted by jimb16 View Post
    I was busy today I got caught up on loading my 8MM Mausers, .45 colt and 223s. Many hundreds of rounds done today. Tomorrow its the .45 autos and the .380s.
    Do you do any precision shooting? It seems counter intuitive to me that in a non-commercial environment one could crank out hundreds of rounds in a day and get consistent reproducible accuracy from those rounds. I'm not challenging you, genuinely asking. I'm weighing out each powder charge individually, sorting brass by headstamp and keeping it fire form matched to a particular gun, casting from a single cavity and sorting boolit weights for accuracy. If I load 40 rounds in an evening I feel like I have accomplished something.

Boolit Bub
    I sent back a Lee 9mm Die set that had two factory crimp dies instead of a crimp die and seating die. Annoying, but not the end of the world. Hitting case prep this evening.

Boolit Buddy

Well today it is raining in the great white north (MN), So I am going to cast some 9mm and some 150Gr Boolits for a 300BO. The Molds showed up yesterday and if this day of work ever ends I am going to get to it!!

Boolit Master
    I am rained in! Couldn't even make it to the range, road closures in all directions due to creeks overflowing. Found some 158gr swc that I bought sometime back so I'm gonna load em up in hopes I can make it later this week.

cast some 158gr swc, some 148gr wc and a few .45 cal balls.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160419_153741.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	166578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160419_153752.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	166580

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    I am rained in! Couldn't even make it to the range, road closures in all directions due to creeks overflowing. Found some 158gr swc that I bought sometime back so I'm gonna load em up in hopes I can make it later this week.
    I know what you mean... I had to take my wife to IAH yesterday and there was a section of Will Clayton Parkway that was enough underwater than people were diverting. Even the 18-wheelers were being turned around. Luckily, I was driving my truck, so I waded through it to the intersection, headed north to FM-1960, then west to Lee Road, then back south to Will Clayton. Her flight ended up being delayed for a couple of hours and she missed her connecting flight in Chicago, so she got stuck there overnight. And, of course, she had made the mistake of checking her luggage, so all her toiletries and stuff were not available when she got up this morning. LMAO...

Of course, the usual feeder road sections on US-59 were underwater. The Beltway 8 / US-59 interchange was closed off near IAH. After dropping her off, it also turned out that Will Clayton was closed off near US-59 on the eastbound side also, so had to loop back and head south on Lee Road. Water was over the road in places, but nothing that wasn't passable in a pickup.

I guess everyone was flooded in at home since the traffic was very light on the freeways yesterday, even during the late afternoon and into "rush" hour.

I suspect the range over at Bayou Rifles at the Addicks Reservoir is flooded...

Sorted a bunch of brass and put two more big batches through my ss pin tumbler. A big batch of .40 S&W are in the dehydrator right now and I'll empty those out of the dehydrator tomorrow morning and replace them with an equally big batch of .45 ACP's ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Loudy13 View Post
    Well today it is raining in the great white north (MN), So I am going to cast some 9mm and some 150Gr Boolits for a 300BO. The Molds showed up yesterday and if this day of work ever ends I am going to get to it!!
    ending up casting about 450 9mm with my new 6 holer Lee mold, being the first 6 holer I was surprised at how many little wonderful bullets were all of a sudden rolling out. I was not prepared for that amount of production. I did recover with a few changes to my process. What a blast!!!

I also cast about 150, 150Gr bullets for my buddies Blackout. all in all a good time in the garage out of the rain!!

Loaded a variety for my 38/357 revolvers tonight. I plan to do some practice within the next couple of days and will take most of them with me when I go.

Melted down 42 lbs of COWW. Not in the loading room, but out in the driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Buddy

I coated all the bullets I made yesterday. 9mm, 300BO, and some 38 special
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Last edited by Loudy13; 04-27-2016 at 12:13 PM. Reason: photo edit

I am working a batch of 200 rounds of 223 getting them prepped and ready for reloading.

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1455.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	167110Cast a couple hundred 230Gr .45 TC and 350 or so 9mm 120Gr TC, Amazing how much better the casting goes when the Lead temp is high enough!!

Boolit Buddy
    Today I loaded 300 9X19mm with 125 gr LRN ESPC boolits over 3.7 gr Tite Group. That load seemed to work well last Friday. Chronoed about 1100 fps on my LabRadar.

Ed C

Changed over from 223 to 45ACP, well almost waiting on a part that will be here tomorrow.

Revived loading area

Well I'm done reorganizing the loading corner in my garage.now I've started installing the case ejjector system for my 4 hole lee turret press.i thought we were in spring,but today it's 32 and rain. Time for a cup of joe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    "Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler" Albert Einstien