RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Tossed some 7.62x25mm brass into the tumbler that I shot during lunch.

Converting 223 to 300BO today with new HF chop saw. If the 223 sizes hard - DON"T use it - copper flashed STEEL.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

I don't cast in nearly the same quantities most on here do but enjoy my little 10lb vintage Saeco pot. Today I had my first perfect casting session, and I've seen the light.

Started out blending some of my favorite Lino/COWW blend.

Then wanted to start out easy so I grabbed Grandpa's original H&G 130 6-cav (his and my favorite mold) and started out. Everyone from the start dropped perfect and only tossed back the first 6 plus another 6 later when I didn't pay attention to my flow.

Then switched to my MiHec 360-93 with HP pins installed which has been known to not drop very easily. Tonight was an exception. Dropped great and again maybe a dozen rejects.

Finished off the pot back on the 130.

All in all, not bad for a small pot and about 2 hours. Now it's time to think about a ProMelt.

Update: Didn't feel like stopping so I turned some of tonight's drops into some PCs ready to go. For the Dillon.

Last edited by StuBach; 03-10-2016 at 05:30 PM.

Wish they had a "like" button for posts like the one above^^^^

Boolit Master
    I like the above as well. Not so sure on how I feel about the button.

Boolit Grand Master
    Love the H&G molds. Like a fool I got rid of my 10 cavity. It was a casting machine!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Converting 223 to 300BO today with new HF chop saw. If the 223 sizes hard - DON"T use it - copper flashed STEEL.
    A magnet is your friend in this case!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Love the H&G molds. Like a fool I got rid of my 10 cavity. It was a casting machine!!!
    This is one of two Grandpa left me (also have a 4-cav #50) and I just picked up another one a little while ago from a member on here (#12 6-cav in rough shape). #12 has some more polishing on the cavities but it's almost dropping good clean drops now.

I'm looking forward to being able to afford trying one of the Accurate molds (or finding a good deal on one, if anyone's looking to sell one let me know) as I hear his are as close as you get to original H&Gs. If wife gets her way I'll be ordering it for her 40 but not sure I'm ok with that .

Quote Originally Posted by StuBach View Post

Finished tweaking with replacement HB pin as well as PB pin for Ideal 429-422 mold and got a small supply ready for testing (25 HB and 35 PB, not all pictured). Man is that thing finicky with no vent lines.

Sized, Lubed, boxed up to send to Dad.

Also dropped 75 to 100 of my 429-244 GCs to help build up my back stock.
    Got any pics of that mold and replacement pins?
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Went in there to put away a new set of RCBS Cowboy dies and a few other new shiny bits.
    Ooh. Just got a new set myself. Purty. Can't wait to use 'em. Maybe tomorrow. Watching the Trump protesters tonight.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Quote Originally Posted by 1989toddm View Post
    Got any pics of that mold and replacement pins?

Have a thread where we talked about these old molds that can be found here with several photos:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Original-Keith

End result was this though:

Handles are a work in progress.

Thanks!
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master

A couple of weeks ago I got a Lee 6-cavity 358-125-rf mold and today my new Lee 9mm 4-die set showed up in the mail.

I had cobbled together a few rounds for testing before the dies came in, so I knew what load I wanted to use; I got the dies adjusted quickly and put together 60 rounds, tested them this afternoon, then tonight loaded 140 more (yes, on a single stage).

FWIW, the 358-125-rf fed perfectly in both pistols I tested (a BHP and a Ruger LC9).

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    I've never met a caster........or a shooter for that matter that doesn't own a .38!

Have four, I think. Don't cast for or shoot any of them. Fired upwards of 200K rounds of 38 as a PPC competitor, could go the rest of my life without firing another.....unless I score a nice Rossi in .357 of course.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded some final test loads for 300 Savage and 35 Remington. Those projects are winding down, looking forward to moving on. Wanted to size & load a few 38-40 rounds tonight but a dinner date ran late. Wanted to install a tang sight on the 38-40 but it was getting late. Have a scope back from repair but that, too, will have to wait for another day.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy

Match prepped 100 new Lapua 30-06's. Ready to start the loading process tomorrow.

BF
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Perma-Banned

Loaded some .357 ammo...

Boolit Master

Loaded 50 rounds 9 Luger - 5.2 gr unique & 125 rnl clad, another 50 with 5.4 unique. Trying to get a load that will cycle reliably in a Stoeger stainless Luger 6 inch barrel. Tried 5.3 herco but a lot of fte's. It functions fine with factory ammo. My other 9's (s&w 59 & Astra 600/43 seem to digest anything but the Luger is finicky.

Boolit Bub
    Loaded 100 9mm 115gr LRN over 5.7gr Power Pistol.

Boolit Master
    Loaded up 500 45 acp. While doing my after inspection I found five that did not crimp the bullet. Two different head stamps. One was R&P and the others are TZZ 84 on the head stamp. So I set to size with the mic and then ran into a TC Die on the single stage. Still the bullet will not stay put. I ran it tighter and tighter. I grab another one and put a fresh bullet in it. Same dag thing. So here I sat trying to figure out why these five cases will not crimp the bullet. The answer is I have no clue. Hours of pondering and trying different thing in the reloading room. Im stumped.

Also fired up the lead pot for a bad run. Had to clean the tip. That is always fun. Ran about 60 357 hoping for it to clean out. No luck. Some reloading days are great others no so great. Life is good tomorrow will be better.
    Last edited by Outer Rondacker; 03-13-2016 at 09:31 AM.