Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    coating ~20lb of dewc with hitek copper in batches. melted down some larger tin (5-6lb bars) into smaller bits to work with. next will be cleaning the reloading bench off again and picking what caliber to load up next, I think 44 magnum sounds good.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    I cast up just under 1300 wadcutters (358495) for my 38 special. They didn't need to be sized so I tumble lubed them. When they dry they will be ready to load.
    I also loaded 300 rounds for the 9mm.
    How do they shoot tumble lubed? Also what do yours drop at? I have that mold, but I haven't cast any yet.

Boolit Buddy
    Cast a few over 1,200, 124 grain TC 9mm projectiles. They came out great! Still saving for the conversion kit and dies for the Dillon but at least I'll have the projectiles ready so I can start cranking them out once the parts get here.

Waiting on my 38/357 mold to be refurbished then I'll be casting a bunch of those up so I can get back to reloading.

Mixed up a half gallon of Ed's Red and a quart of Ed's lube. Also bought a toaster oven at Goodwill for 4 bucks. Soon i will try my hand at powder coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Amiaji View Post
    Mixed up a half gallon of Ed's Red and a quart of Ed's lube. Also bought a toaster oven at Goodwill for 4 bucks. Soon i will try my hand at powder coating.
    You will be hooked on PC
    Quote Originally Posted by aquarist View Post
    Cast a few over 1,200, 124 grain TC 9mm projectiles. They came out great! Still saving for the conversion kit and dies for the Dillon but at least I'll have the projectiles ready so I can start cranking them out once the parts get here.

Waiting on my 38/357 mold to be refurbished then I'll be casting a bunch of those up so I can get back to reloading.

Boolit Master
    where did yall find the liquid wax for bll? I checked the grocery store and local wally world with no luck. Just curious if its a regional item perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    where did yall find the liquid wax for bll? I checked the grocery store and local wally world with no luck. Just curious if its a regional item perhaps.
    It seems J&J has stopped making the liquid floor wax. There is a thread here somewhere where they are discussing alternatives.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...id-Lube/page45
    Last edited by Amiaji; 02-06-2016 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Added link

Cast and loaded more Lee 1 oz slugs.

Boolit Master
    Started off pulling out the shop vac and sucking up around a half pound of walnut/corn cob media I spilled yesterday while trying to separate some brass form it. That stuff is like little tiny ball bearings when it hits the floor form about 3' up. WOW....

Then I fired up the little shop heater, and once it got nice I hit the progressive and loaded 500 rounds of sorted 9mm ammo. Some of it was Berry's though, so only 200 of it counts right now as cast loads from the MP 356-125 mold. I'll be putting together another 2-300 after supper of powder coated Lee 124's like pictured above.

Then tomorrow, I will be pouring up who knows how many HG-68's along with another decent supply of the 130's and 78's, and last but certainly not least some of the MP 452-200 HP's. Hopefully I will be able to load these up shortly, once I finish replenishing my 9mm rounds.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

finished installing my bench, put up shelves, unloaded powders and put on shelves. Bolted the Breechlock to the bench. Still have much more to do before it is setup enough to start reloading... a little at a time

Boolit Grand Master

Sized some 300 Savage brass, it's in the cleaner now. Range day tomorrow so I better get up early and continue up the ladder with my test loads. This cartridge and boolit like to go (relatively) fast, could be fun.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Had friends over one of whom was interested in checking out the reloading process because he is thinking of getting into reloading. He left here with 35 rounds of cast 45 ACP he made himself on my Lee turret. All plunk tested in his 1911, his wife an mine came to the bench and learned what the heck we were up to in each step then went and talked 38 revolver vs Glock 9 by comparing their respective handguns. BTW - she cooks very well too.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Perma-Banned

Not today, but yesterday, I loaded some 180gr wadcutters up for the 44mag lever...and dog if I didn't go out and shoot all that I loaded. SO, now I have to start all over.

Boolit Buddy
    Cast about 600 9mm projectiles then sat there and stared at my Dillion 650 wishing I had the conversion kit to load these bad boys up, sitting at around 2k projectiles for 9mm.

Saturday: Caught the mailman, and asked "No Package?", he went back to his truck and sure enough there it was, the new ram for my Pro 2000. Opened it up and installed it carefully, lubed it and the lower pin set and loaded 200, 223's. WOOO Hooo, it is good to be back in business. Then I cleaned the reloading table and Today, after church, and before Super Bowl, i'll go to Sportsman's and get some consumables.

Loaded up some test loads using some Hitek coated boolits I purchased at a gun show. I have used that particular boolit without the coating and it worked well so I am looking forward to the results.

In the process of building another (new) reloading bench.....need more reloading space.

Loaded 100 223 coyote loads for a friend. He's got a big coyote competition coming up next weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160207_135236.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	160249
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160207_135331.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	160250
    Added another Star. Made the base mount with heater and now working on fabing up a bullet feeder.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Grand Master

Loaded 15 "try" rds for the 300 Savage just in time for a range trip. One worked quite well. Came home and decapped/resized the cases and they're back in the cleaner with some 45-70 cases.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Page 101 of 603 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201601 ... LastLast