RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Haha thats what I call it too!

Nickel goes in a different bucket. I use it for jbullets so I can immediately see whats in the box.

I PCd some 500 RD 35 Mirror Black. Nice coverage but the contrast from the silver lead shows every tiny imperfection more than many other colors.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Grand Master

Nothing much lately. I've been helping a buddy plant food plots at a duck club. That club does have a small private range and I did pick up some brass a few weeks ago that I may wash and sort after while. We have been working 7 days a week for several weeks, including 10 hours on the 4th, and I'm home today! May not do anything!

Boolit Master

I cast 1/3 of a pot if 180g 10mm boolits and PCd some 600 more. The color I used on these was a Lavender mix and a Orange/silver on the 10MM.

CW

Demeter’s_Workshop
    I designed a new jig to cut down 30-06 cases for 45 raptor. looking forward to loading next weekend

Boolit Master
    I finally got to cast a few hundred Lee 358-125 rf today. I had to get out after a while due to the heat, even though I had the air conditioning on.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

I was given about 5000 cleaned up 44 mag cases. They have all been shot multiple times and never trimmed and almost all are out of spec.
    So, I deprimed/resized, trimmed and cleaned out the primer pockets/flash holes and reprimed about 100 of them. Gonna shoot some 44 mag at the steel shoot this weekend.
    Last edited by 44Blam; 07-07-2019 at 11:39 PM.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Buddy
    I sorted through a bunch of brass that I picked up the last two weeks. I have 37 pounds of 223/556 brass that I'm planning on converting to 300 blackout. Based on what I saw online I have like 2,500 to 2,600 cases to convert. A lot of it is Lake City, and a couple hundred cases are nickel plated Lake City brass. I'm probably going to use the nickel plated cases for jacketed bullets and keep them loaded in mags in a plate carrier.

Boolit Master
    Sized trimmed expanded some 45-70 brass its in the tumbler for a nice shine before I prime them .

Cleaned up some brass.

Boolit Master
    Man!!
    That is really pretty!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

I put the 3x9 back on my late brother's 110 Savage .243, sighted it in, shot 3 Rem 85gr PLHP into 7/8" @100 yds. That was Saturday. Yesterday I gave it to my son. He's 25 and more into music than hunting, but this is a much better hunting gun than his AR15 and he is proud to have his uncle's rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Load about 400 45cal and about 100 32H&R Magnum.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Loaded the 100 44 mag cases with a mid range Unique load for this weekend's steel match.
    Need to do the brass prep on about 120 more 44 mag cases and then load 100 full house W296 loads and about 20 of the AA11FS experimental loads. I finally got my chrony back together after my mishap during the initial testing of AA11FS...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Sorted a hopper of brass from the tumbler from Last weekends range trip.

Then sized and GCd about 600 more, 185g Ranch Dog boolits!

CW

I waited all day for the UPS driver to deliver my new Magma Master Pot at 4 pm as I had to sign for it at my request, Then I gave it a short road test and made my 4th Youtube video on it as I did. It took 3 weeks to get here after I ordered it and is a real monster. It cost 652 dollars delivered.

This was my 4th Youtube video I made one on the Lyman Lube Sizer and two on the Magma Star lube sizer but lost the PW and my cell phone was trashed after I made it so Im "locked out" of the Lockspicks&clicks account I made them on . No I was not a spy I was a Master Locksmith for 35 years until I retired and my new you tube acct is back to Keith 429421 just like on Cast Bollits. I made the first three as Keith 429421 before changing my Youtube name . I never made any locksmith videos and never will so that name is history

I will say the Master pot is huge and its orifice hole is large, I could not cast with it until I slowed it way down , its adjustable, so It will fill ingot moulds up on the wide open setting. It will take some time to get adjusted to it and Im making another mould shelf for it soon. No PID its capacity is so large 40 pounds of lead alloy that the temp should stay steady, They do have one for 250.00 Outside you can touch the pot when hot for a second and not get burned. Its a big one for sure. It is used on the Master Casters and they must be really popular now hence the 3 week wait to get one. Well Made commercial quality but very pricey

Magma Master Pot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8LibF_87B4

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	masterpot.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	245045

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Keith, you will really like the pot. Being able to hold so much lead is a real sweet deal. It allows you to really turn out the boolits without having to wait while the pot gets up to temp each time you refill it. I got my master caster back in 2012 and have since then added many new molds that were large grain single and double cavity that I had no need to cast boolits in the hundreds and hundreds. I needed the large pot for the capacity, but did not need the expense of the molds that were made to work in the master caster since I was making so few of them. I opted to buy just the stand, and then move the pot off the frame of the cast master when I was going to cast the large grain boolits, it only involved removing two bolts to move it from the caster to the new stand. I also got so tired of not being able to cast outside here in the Mobile area due to so much rain on a daily basis and due to the heat and humidity that I decided I would schedule all of my large grain boolit casting to the summertime where I could hand cast with the pot on the stand set up on the kitchen stove with a board underneath and a water heater catch basin under the pot that was mounted up on four bricks to give me a little more height and working in the A/C of indoors is soooo nice. I must admit, I do have the best wife in the world too.

The outdoor setup.

The kitchen setup

Getting used to the Master Pot It holds a lot of lead and takes a long time to cool, a good while for the lead to sit and become firm It was still liquid long after I turned it off compared to the Lee 20 lb pot. I made a simple metal mould rest with 3/8 bar stock sides loose for the Lyman and Lee moulds , put wing nuts on the shelve adjustment and cut off the box end of a 7/16 wrech and welded a long metal home made handle on it to reach the rear lower shelves bolts . I tried the back mould stop and took it off again cast about 100 bulllets for another test and Im good to go. Ive got plenty of lead cast into bullets now to reload some ammo and I got my White Label Red Carnauba bullet lube today and can feel its softer then the Magma lube Im using so Ill change my Start sizer out tomorrow and give it a try on the Lee 356-125 bullets I had trouble lubing. I used the existing holes in the Master Pot shelve for the new rest with a 5/8th hole in it for any drips to pass thru
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MasterPotmouldrest.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	245103

Ran ~300 out of my new Lee mould. Did fine. The 6-banger's nice for through put. Lubing and sizing them tonight to load tomorrow in anticipation of a Saturday range day.

Boolit Master

resized then expanded about 250 .45 AR cases, getting ready for Bullseye shooting league using my old school S&W model 25-2 .45 ACP revolver

Loaded 25 44 mag with AA #11FS... Last time I was clocking this load, I accidentally shot the chrony screen. I have since replaced the screen and am going to continue the experiment.
    Attachment 245108
    WWG1WGA

Page 386 of 604 FirstFirst ... 286336376377378379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396436486 ... LastLast