Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Thanks CW, hoping it's not beginners luck.

Boolit Master
    You paid $75 for a Dillon 550B???? You sir, are either a shrewd negotiator or the luckiest man in Minnesota! I thought the manual indexing might be a problem for me coming from an auto indexing SDB, but as promised by the guys at Graf's, its a non issue after a couple hundred rounds. You find another 550 under $300, give me a call!!!

Set up everything to load up some 9MM Makarov with cut down 9X19 brass. Got everything adjusted and loaded a dozen or so rounds and the garage got too hot on this 95 degree day. Will pick it up again tomorrow.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Master
    Sized and lubed some 9 mm boolits....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    Setup Lee Reloading Stand and Classic Turret Press. Planning on taking it up to family cabin for weekend reloading. In the meantime I'm loading 100x 7.65x53 with NOE 31499 and 10.0 gr Red Dot. Running them through Lee Universal Expanding Die then bullet seater using the auto advance is much quicker than doing steps separately on single stage press.

Finished 100 al 45 cal gas checks, set up the RCBS Piggyback for some 357 mag, cleaned and tumbled 200 chromed 357 ww super cases. They're going to get some full power loaded 158 gr j word Hps.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

I loaded several K .38 special.

Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    I loaded several K .38 special.
    I'm a rank amateur, set up the square deal B and loaded up a couple hundred .38 specials. Trying to clean up small partial batches of boolits--load 2 different round noses and 2 different truncated cones. May get into the wad cutters before I run out of brass.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    You paid $75 for a Dillon 550B???? You sir, are either a shrewd negotiator or the luckiest man in Minnesota! I thought the manual indexing might be a problem for me coming from an auto indexing SDB, but as promised by the guys at Graf's, its a non issue after a couple hundred rounds. You find another 550 under $300, give me a call!!!
    It was one of those right time right places a friend had bought someone's reloading equipment for 100 bucks and he just wanted the turret press. He said there's a blue press in the box yet and I said I will buy that without hesitation. Not sure what I was gonna end up with I figured for 75 bucks it didn't really matter it was going to be a Dillon. He brought it in and it was pretty much complete with 9mm dies and a baggy of parts. I offered a hundred and he said that's what I paid so 75 bucks it was!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Loading .38 Special on a Rockchucker in 100 plus degrees. I'm turtleloading in 15 min increments. Using up Hornady swaged hp, then Lee 105swc, 150 swc Lees if I still have brass. Bullseye and Unique crunched through my old Redding measure.
    Good times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Sorting cases and making a few new ones .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    I had so much fun powder coating yesterday I thought I would try my luck today and see if my results from yesterday were just beginners luck, plus I wanted to use another thermometer to see just what was going on with the new oven that did not want to go over 350 degrees.
    Well used another thermometer but was giving same reading that the other new one was giving me yesterday. Guess I'm just going to have to get this PCing to work at the lower temp. Here was today's results until the rain came.

Last edited by MOA; 06-30-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I did some good things, and some bad things.
    I cast up some more TL356-95-RF boolits for my wife's new M&P 380 EZ. My wife says that is the nicest pistol she has ever shot.
    Cast less than a dozen 356-125-2R boolits and decided that mold was pretty well done for. It was my first mold and I've cast several thousand rounds with it. Since it was pretty well shot I decided I would try removing the lube groove with my trusty dremel tool. That didn't work out so well, so I ordered a TL356-124-TC mold to replace it. All of these molds being 2 cavity so they are dirt cheap.

My sons first dear season is this year, we loaded 60 rounds of 250 savage. We will have a couple months to get him dialed in. He will be using the rifle my dad bought for me when I was 13, I packed that thing to hell and back, twice! He is 12, almost 13 and is very excited. Prolly not as his a Papa!

Boolit Mold
    Loaded up some 30-30 with 120 grain round nose boolits. Stripped some old crusted on alox off a batch of old boolits to resize and lube for later. Gasoline works like a charm for that. Got one of my lube-a-matics working again. The plunger came off the rod. Had a heck of a time getting it back on for some reason.

Boolit Master

I swaged some PC Coated 356402 Truncated point bullets into Semi-wadcutter .357 bullets for use in a 9mm Largo pistol later then loaded up 106 6.5 Grendel cartridges for a rifle match and then I rebuilt the magazine box on a 98 Mauser to feed and load a .308x1.5" wildcat cartridge for a fall deer season rifle project.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrubicon View Post
    My sons first dear season is this year, we loaded 60 rounds of 250 savage. We will have a couple months to get him dialed in. He will be using the rifle my dad bought for me when I was 13, I packed that thing to hell and back, twice! He is 12, almost 13 and is very excited. Prolly not as his a Papa!
    Perfect choice that your dad made, huh?
    The .250 Savage is legend.
    Good hunting to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I chamfered & deferred the last couple of hundred new .44Mag cases. Then primed 600 cases with REMINGTON #2 1/2 LP Primers.
    Now I have 1000 new cases ready to load. Just have to get my bullets organized, & maybe cast some to get to 1000.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Buddy
    Realized that I somehow need more toolheads and little blue stands for them... again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by therealhitman View Post
    Realized that I somehow need more toolheads and little blue stands for them... again.
    I feel your pain, you go from 1 set of dies and a rock chucker press too 10 tool heads with 2 more on the horizon

Page 320 of 604 FirstFirst ... 220270310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324325326327328329330370420 ... LastLast