Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

I decapped/trimmed/primed 40 8mm x 57 mauser cases and gas check'd/lubed 40 boolits.
    I cast these boolits about a year ago and I am amazed how hard they are at this point. Resizing/lubing was a chore!

Anyway, I'm going to load them tomorrow and shoot them on Saturday.

I've never loaded 8mm Mauser let alone loaded my own cast boolits! These guys are 185 grain and a NOE design. I'm going to ladder varget and compare to some PPU factory rounds.

Boolit Master

Loaded 30 22 CHeetah cartridges, off to the range
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Well was hoping it was not going to rain, but I was wrong. Decided I was tired of being run out of outdoors on account of rain, (like four weeks of rain) so, I decided to take over the kitchen stove to get some casting done. But first, off to home depot to get some special equipment for the job, a containment for any runaway lead or a stuck pour stem on the bottom pour machine, and the rest I had already. Here's the outfit and the results from finally being able to cast today.

Boolit Master

Prepped Brass!

I sized, belled and wet tumbled 75 pieces of .45 Colt and 200+ pieces of .45-70 brass, which I also annealed using my PID and salt bath. Ed
    Attachment 222187

Boolit Master
    This thread is what is going to keep me going while I move. Since my reloading room will be in shambles. Oh today I boxed up 7 more totes full of stuff in the reloading room.

I also picked up my PC9 I ordered months ago and gave it a good cleaning. While I was at the shopping waiting on the NICS check I found a set of RCBS 35 rem dies asked how much and the kid said five bucks. This was a welcome find since I had just brought home a Marlin in 35 Rem that had been sitting at an old friends place for years.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Consolidated a stack of pewter plates, candlesticks and odd vases into one easy to store 4 lb. ingot. Starting to free up some bench space. Two or three more 4 lb. ingots and I'll have this winter's pewter scrounging into a storable form.

Nothing in the reloading room but drifted through a Salvation Army today and walked out with 3 Lbs. 15 3/4 ounces of pewter for $5.83. They had more but the price was way out of line on the items I left. This will get the big ingot treatment. Current, in use pewter gets cast into boolit size pot sweeteners. Easy to throw in how many I think I need to get what is in the pot to cast well. Got enough in boolit form to last me into next winter.

Uncluttered the bench of part of the stash of pewter yesterday, filled the space back up today. It's a never ending battle.

Boolit Grand Master
    Since my return from NCBS 2018 I have had an attack of the Lazies. So, yesterday I set about storing the unfired ammo and fired brass from that excursion. Today's missions (to commence in a few minutes when the CFL games come on TV in the garage) will be to process 100 new 303 British brass for its first fill-up. The fired brass from NCBS will get a tumble while this is under way. The fired guns from NCBS need cleaning as well. Always lots to do at the gun/reloading bench--I need to give it more of my time.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Well after casting up a small pile yesterday in the kitchen I am going to load them up in some new brass thats been waiting to become cartridges. Did about half of them today and will finish up the other half tomorrow. No sense getting in a hurry to do it all in one day, it will be raining again all day tomorrow so I have saved some so I can mess around with it while it's raining. I wanted to load some of the new 44 cal that I cast up yesterday but found out that I was out of gas checks for that caliber, so will have to wait until the order from Midsouth arrives.

Boolit Master
    Sized ,expanded ,sized ,lubed ,cleaned 80 45-70 cases ,I'll put them in the tumbler when they dry out .

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    .....Starting to free up some bench space......
    Opposite direction for me. Cleaned and polished a Pacific DL-105 while digging through scrap wood to find some plywood to mount press on so I can clamp to bench. Started removing the press dies for 16 gauge and installing the ones for 12 gauge. Showed daughter the difference between single stage, turret, and progressive press. And Lee Loader She has seen me reload but almost always on a Lee Turret.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    Yesterday I loaded up a bunch of 9mm, and started priming 223 cases in preparation of the bullets that I ordered.

Reduced the incredibly ugly pewter tray and two candle sticks to a more manageable 5" round 3/4" thick ingot to store. I think I did the world a favor by melting down that tray. Made 8 new seats for the rifle range stools at the club. I made the old ones 15+ years ago and they are getting pretty rough. Next time it will be somebody else's turn.

Boolit Master
    Nothing. I went to the newly opened Academy Sports in Columbus to check powder prices... they were not nearly as high as Bass Pro....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

7:30 this am was at the Vertigo therapist evaluation. She was very thourough .Found some problems with me that she can fix..
    Got home and began shooting my 45 Bersa Thunder Pro working up the ladder with a Lee 45 acp Lrn 236 gr, Hitek Gold and CFE Powder. Probably two more series of four shots each will get me near, then play some more with the load chosen for verification. Ran out of bullets. Cast 395 ( actual count) and first coat of Hi-Tek Gold. Now they get to dry all night long. It is too late to cook them after they are dry. Did some smoothing and such on the two banger Lee mould and maybe they are closer to 230 grains than before when they weighed 234 grains to 237 grains. Maybe pictures later.

Set up and used my new checkmaker from pat marlin. Made quite a few tiny 223 gas checks. They look good, sized a few noe 225-70gn with my aluminum checks and some carnuba blue cast from cu enriched 50/50 ww/pb alloy. Can't wait to put these down range.

Boolit Buddy
    Primed 20 cases in prep for some test loads tomorrow. Turned 32 pounds of range scrap into 24 pounds of ingots.... In my bottom pour.... Devil be ****ed.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Sized and preped 100 357 mag cases ,now must cast so up as my boolits stock of them is getting low.

Decapped and SS tumbled 4,000 .40 S&W on Sunday.

Kraken Fan #69

90ea. 44 mag (i only had 90 primers for some reason).

22ea. 250gr. Keith boolits cast from COWW sweetened with 2% tin in a Lyman 429421, then Powercoated red. Seated over 20gr. of 2400.

28ea. 245gr. Hollow points of my own design cast in a DIY modified Lee 429-240-2R mold from 50/50 Coww/pure w/ 2% tin. Powercoated zombie killing green. Over the same charge of 20gr. of 2400.

40ea. Same hollow points, coated blue and set on top of 8gr. of W231 to make a nice plinking load.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Page 317 of 604 FirstFirst ... 217267307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324325326327367417 ... LastLast