RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Well that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the explanation (and taking it easy on me)!

Boolit Buddy

Got my benches made for my casting room , cabinets installed under the bench , next up is to build my upper cabinets and install my vent-a-hood , another week and I should be finished
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	room1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	187904
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	room2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	187905
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Cast, sized, lubed, and checked 300- Lee 324-175 boolets for my Yugo Mausers. I also cast 100+ RCBS 35-200 boolets for another member of this forum. Getting my Yugo 24/47 back from the Gunsmith this week, with a Redfield peep sight. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for some range time? hc18flyer

Boolit Master
    Wow I spent yesterday boxing up years of hulls , wads , and components for loading shot shells to store in the attic . I don't know how many trips up and down the stairs I made but my goodness I have a problem , I'm a hoarder !!!

Boolit Buddy

Filled some boxes and sent some stuff with the kid to his new place. Measured and plotted for benches, lights, and shelves. His room has gotten the red light from the Boss to be my new reloading room.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Split my time between the garage where ingot making was the task, then down to the basement where my time was split between brass cleaning, trimming .357 brass, this was used brass and I roll crimp so want to get it all at the same length, and fixing up and organizing stuff using goodies that arrived Saturday from Titan Reloading. Put a few parts into a Pro Auto Disk, some dies into cases, and some mold handles on molds.

melted 4.5 lbs. of pewter into ingots, and a 3.5 lb. ball of unknown wire solder (solid core) I had accumulated along with a solder bar of unknown tin percentage. Those are now in little baby muffin tin "coins" and I'll get them gunned to find out the alloy composition. They seem very nice. Smooth and tight grained, pretty hard too.

All that and took wife out to dinner - dang I'm good! Or at least have my moments.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
    Well that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the explanation (and taking it easy on me)!
    We've all been in your situation at some time or the other. The folks on this sight is pretty kind and respectful all the time. The occasional jack leg is dealt with by the moderators promptly.

Also, there's always something to learn when casting bullets (or boolets).

Thank ya Taco.
    Yea, it didn't take long to realise it's a pretty good bunch of folks here!

Boolit Grand Master

I'm clearing off a space on my bench (or might just use my Rock Dock) for a brand new Forster Co-Ax. Due tomorrow! Yaaaaa...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Went out and sized 200 7.62x39 and 100 30-06 with my 5 year old son. Its amazing how all that "help" makes everything take longer... He did pull the handle to decap all the 30-06 though.
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by adcoch1 View Post
    Went out and sized 200 7.62x39 and 100 30-06 with my 5 year old son. Its amazing how all that "help" makes everything take longer... He did pull the handle to decap all the 30-06 though.
    I did that with my grandson when he was 5 but after 15 minutes he lost interest and went and did something else. Great fun while it lasted though.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Buddy

Coated couple pans of .308 boolits, trimmed 60-70 308 cases and cleaned up some clutter.

Boolit Master
    Finally finished prepping 223 brass. I have all my stash prepped ready for a long reloading session
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Took the lyman over to my brothers and used his sand blaster to get it all prepped up for powder coating.

Cleand and polished the ram with emry cloth.

Looks good so far

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I spent several hours getting organized for a day at the range with our 25 year old niece. She's coming out for a visit tomorrow and has never shot before. Got out 8 different handguns in a variety of different calibres, my JR Carbine in .45 ACP, and a TON of ammo. We'll taker her out to the range to shoot them all on Friday. It should be a really fun day!
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Buddy

Coated about 150-200 boolits, sized .308 230gr and 155gr from yesterdays coating session.

Boolit Master

Coated my 22.5# of NOE 311365 from Sunday.
    Then sized them in the star. I chased them with a 308 jacketed one at a time so I didn't have to use the nose punch and deform the nose (even though it's alight it makes me OCD flare up)
    im hoping to get a lee push through in .310 soon. My local gun store is ordering a 40 piece run of lee .310 sizers. Woohoo!
    So much easier with the Lee for coated bullets.

Boolit Bub
    I didn't do any reloading but I did sit down there and put the vertical forgrip on my KSG
    I may be dumb but I can lift heavy things

Decided to try cutting down 30-06 and forming as 8mm mauser. Cut down went ok but I had decided to use military head stamp brass so it would not be stamped 30-06 in order for it to be less likely to be mistaken for the wrong caliber. Blankity blank crimped military primers. Took out the 323 expander de-capping pin, then the Lee universal de-capper pin bent after a couple of cases. If I couldn't see a primer hole I would have sworn these were Berdan primed.

Not sure the effort is worth it but on the other hand it is nice to know it can be done if needed. Not so nice is knowing one needs to have a supply of replacement pins on hand.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

lubed 20k brass...sized/expanded 16k brass...loaded 12k .308....now tired.
    They call it "common sense". Why is it so uncommon?

Page 184 of 601 FirstFirst ... 84134174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194234284 ... LastLast