Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

Impact coated another hundred .315" 193 gr pc bullets with white graphite, neon pink this time, for the ladies!! Ha
    Charter Member #148

Disassembled an incorrectly assembled and grossly over lithium-greased AK47 and due to the very cold weather tested it by mag dump only. That white grease is tenacious- B12 barely cut it. It runs like an AK now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I've got a new caliber to feed. Loaded up a box of 9.3x74R stoked with 56 grains of IMR 4831 under a Hornady 286 gr. SP J-word bullet. I got a box of 50 of these bullets with the rifle. I plan to use them to do a barrel break-in of sorts and then I plan on cast exclusively in this Ruger No.1. I think I am going to really like this rifle. I plan to use it to make meat from the local whitetail population next season. That's a ways off but that is my current plan.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

How much do your deer average in weight?

Florida deer, with son exception for mules, are small critters.

Boolit Master
    The big reason for that is the stupid Game and fish people,who for decades had a policy of NO DOES.Only bucks.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by smoked turkey View Post
    I've got a new caliber to feed. Loaded up a box of 9.3x74R stoked with 56 grains of IMR 4831 under a Hornady 286 gr. SP J-word bullet. I got a box of 50 of these bullets with the rifle. I plan to use them to do a barrel break-in of sorts and then I plan on cast exclusively in this Ruger No.1. I think I am going to really like this rifle. I plan to use it to make meat from the local whitetail population next season. That's a ways off but that is my current plan.
    It's real good on hogs too. I use a RCBS mould for my 375 Win run thru a .369 sizer after lubed an gas checked at .375 for one of my cast boolits in my No.1.
    Last edited by MOA; 01-01-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Boolit Man

95gr 9mm PC

PC 100 95gr in Cadillac Blue for ladder testing with Titegroup and 100 95gr in ODG for ladder testing with CFE Pistol.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95gr.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	210893

Plunk tested about 300 45acp 200gn swc. Found about 4 that would not fit and 3 with high primers. Seems some of the boolits are going in slightly crooked and bulging out one side of the case just enough to prevent proper feeding. Also did some weapons maintenance while watching the winter classic, man what a game.

Boolit Master
    Nothing, too cold to be playing out there. Besides, Alabama was playing
    in the Sugar Bowl, Georgia in the Rose Bowl, and Auburn in the Peach Bowl. And we're having two SEC teams playing for the National Championship! Roll Tide!!!!!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Cleaned up from a long weekend of reloading and casting. Boy, I sure had fun. Then went to the club this morning and got off bout 100 rounds of 45, 9mm and 380. I so love this hobby, addiction, sport; or whatever it is. There is never time to be bored, too much to do.

Boolit Grand Master

On December 30th I cast 5-600 NOE 30 XCBs and 400+ 314299s.........

Attachment 210916

The XCBs mostly for use at 2900 fps in DAWN, my 30x60 XCB rifle.

The 314299s will be used mostly in my Finn M39 7.62x54R I shoot CBA military rifle matches with.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Man
    Over the last few days I cast some soft lead 50 cal REAL slugs to finish up the PA flintlock season.
    Put together 400 300 BO cast loads with the lee 155 grain PC'd. Over 15.0 grains of Lil Gun for plinking.
    Another 300 300 BO 125 grain jacketed loads. And a few hundred 20 gauge light target loads for the kids and the bride. And me.
    Now if we can just brave the temps to use them.

Banned
    Cast a batch of 500 grn 45-70 and 93 grn tokarov.--They look funny next to each other

Boolit Grand Master

Still processing pistol brass. Put the first load in the tumbler about an hour ago. I got interrupted by the holidays, and Duck Season ain't helping any either, so I'll be a while.

Boolit Buddy
    Got my PID wired and tested. Now just have to get it mounted in a metal box... Holding 700* nearly perfectly

Last night I opened the shop doors, turned on the fans, and made ignots. My daughter gave me a cast iron egg poaching pan that works great. Pure lead eggs are spray painted back on the flat side; wheel weights are painted blue. I did find a couple of ww's that a torch would not melt. I don't know WHAT those are.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy C View Post
    Attachment 210482 reloading in my apartment.
    After looking at your loading room ,guess I should spend this month cleanin up mine

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    After looking at your loading room ,guess I should spend this month cleanin up mine
    This probably applies to most of us!

Anyway, I'm still processing pistol brass. I've been trying to run 4 loads a day through the whole process including tumbling and sorting them.
    Last edited by lightman; 01-06-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Last night I opened the shop doors, turned on the fans, and made ignots. My daughter gave me a cast iron egg poaching pan that works great. Pure lead eggs are spray painted back on the flat side; wheel weights are painted blue. I did find a couple of ww's that a torch would not melt. I don't know WHAT those are.

Them are called 'leverites'...'leave them right there' cause they ain't good for nuthin!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Grand Master

My stamping tools are on the bench and I had several new replacement keys made. The family expects me to have spares for any lock they own. I did the coded name on the new keys and hung them in the cabnet behind the RCBS supreme. Burr it's cold down there.
    Does that count?
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Page 272 of 603 FirstFirst ... 172222262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280281282322372 ... LastLast