Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

My new Annealeaze machine was delivered yesterday so I had to break it in.....annealed a couple hundred .30-06 and about a hundred .35 Rem. Very easy to set up and it took all of 30 minutes or so to get those done. Plenty more to go of those calibers to go but I'm going to need a couple more canisters of propane before I start on the .223. That'll be a rainy day project.

Boolit Buddy

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Would anyone judge me if I told you I had some serious time to kill last night and made this? Ended up being 666 rounds of 9mm MP358130 goodness Gotta love smokes powder!

Boolit Bub
    Your artistic side is showing

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Working on a new lead chunker. Gun room, reloading room, workshop and dog house.
    And a storage building it seems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EMR View Post
    Would anyone judge me if I told you I had some serious time to kill last night and made this? Ended up being 666 rounds of 9mm MP358130 goodness Gotta love smokes powder!

Very Cool!

Thnx for sharing that pic!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by EMR View Post

Very cool. Clever! Nicely done.

And yes, Smoke's powders are great.

Boolit Master

Loaded a stash of the Lee clone of the H&G 68 over 452AA. 45 Auto.

Also seated gas checks on some LBT 10mm 200 WFN 200 gr boolits. Seated with an NOE sizer. Next up is some paint from Smoke4320, and a healthy charge of Accurate no. 9.

Boolit Grand Master

I'll sort and store away some clean range brass and probably put another load in the tumbler.

Boolit Master

Made a mandrel to use in the lathe to neck turn my 30 cal. brass.

Boolit Master
    Dug out a set of 380 dies, a box of 380 bullets (500 count) I got in a trade and a lee powder drop with stand. Trying to put together a loading set for a neighbor. Put my BW upper on my lower. Man it looks nice.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

After cleaning up and sorting my reloading bench today, I could not resist it......
    I switched on my trusty old RCBS ProMelt and two hours later I had about 900 of the most beautiful 200gr H&G #68's cast from my MP 4 cavity brass mold....what a pleasure to cast with such a magnificent mold!

Boolit Master

Working on some 7.62x54R. Took a batch of 83 pieces of Winchester headstamp brass.
    De-primed, tumbled, full length sized, tumbled again, length trimmed.

Tomorrow I'll prime and bell, then load some old Hornady .312" 150gr Spire Points. Getting ready for a bolt gun match this weekend.

Hope I don't embarrass myself too badly.

Boolit Master
    Lubed and sized more 9mm boolits to .357
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Banned
    Finished my "jigs" and got the last pieces of the "puzzle" now I'm converting a bunch of 223 to 7.62 x 25

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Cleaned and lubed some baitcasting reels.......
    I have some of that under way as well, I leave on a week-long bass and trout trip to Shasta Lake in a few days. The tackle is pretty much ready otherwise.

I took a weird fall a few nights back that broke at least 2 of the smaller toes on my right foot. I have been nursing this injury along gently so as to not miss the fishing trip described above--so far, so good. I still haven't off-loaded the fired brass and unfired ammo from last week's Nevada varmint hunt from the truck, and that needs doing. I DID get the rifles cleaned and back into the safe before initiating the injury sequence described above, but the brass needs tumbling and the ammo needs putting away. In retirement, I am more relaxed about shelving and storing the accoutrements post-trip than I was during my working years, but I crave a bit of order in my hobby areas--present conditions bug me, with stuff scattered. Manana........I guess.

This time of year I shift gears a bit and get into boat & fishing mode, and de-emphasize target shooting and critter blasting. I bought new nav gear and sonar/fish finder for the boat, and took it out to a local lake for its test drive. MUCH BETTER STUFF. Shasta Lake's layout is a lot like a Scandinavian fjord--arms in many directions and an array of inlets and crannies that all look alike to a guy that sees the place once a year. Having a GPS with tracking records can get me back to the base camp/houseboats without much fuss & bother. It's a bigger help when you get fogged in at sundown 8 miles offshore of La Jolla, and can follow the "bread crumb trail" right back to the Mission Bay Jetty's red and green lights.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    I have some of that under way as well, I leave on a week-long bass and trout trip to Shasta Lake in a few days. The tackle is pretty much ready otherwise.

...Snip...

Best of Luck on your trip!

Hope your toes/foot does not give ya too much grief!

Please take some pics & share a story or two if ya get the chance when ya return.

--------

I reloaded & ran some Bullseye & Red Dot ladder tests I have been putting off with some 9mm 124TC & 102-1R single lube groove to see how they worked for me.
    All, pan lubed & sized at .358. Tried them at 357 & got some leading there as well but not too much. This time, I got more leading than I did before at .357 surprisingly, so I am gonna change the lube a bit & the alloy a mite. Have not had any issues with TL using the TL boolits, & these were all Pan lubed, so I think it is in the lube mostly, but perhaps the alloy is too soft for that 9mm ( 50/50 COWW/PB). Gonna have to experiment & shoot some more of them..

Imagine how "upset" that makes me... LOL

I will figure it out though.
    If not.. Then I will prolly ask here about it. (Bore is 356.5 slugged,IIRC, and those .357 TL s actually were not too bad with just slight leading, so I am leaning toward alloy change & lube change. TL boolits were no issue for some reason using 45/45/10 tumble lube.)

That's my "doins"..

Who's next?
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Loaded up some 50 Beowulf.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Buddy
    In the process of cleaning a nasty movie theater type popcorn kettle while the vibratory tumbler is cleaning some 9mm brass.

Boolit Grand Master

...took a weird fall a few nights back that broke at least 2 of the smaller toes on my right foot. I have been nursing this injury along gently so as to not miss the fishing trip described above--so far, so good... 9.3X62AL

Take care, my friend. Last couple of years it seems I'm always nursing a broken or sprained toe. Can get ugly, invest in some slippers or sandals to wear around the house to prevent future injuries. Sturdy shoes and maybe a bit of tape are almost as good as that ugly boot a doc will want you to wear while a broken toe heals.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    I gotta Wear shoes due to the neuropathy. It feels like I'm walking on rocks if I don't. I talked to my neighbor across the street last night. He knows I can't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk with my left arm, so we cut a deal. He has an old kitchen cabinet an I have a tall 4 shelf cabinet. He's going to help me install his cabinet in my reloading room if I trade the other cabinet to him. Sounds like a plan.......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Page 305 of 604 FirstFirst ... 205255295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313314315355405 ... LastLast