Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Loaded up 100 rounds of 45/70.
    Lee 405 coated with Hi-Tek.
    Can't wait to shoot them. I need a new 45/70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vendor Sponsor

I'm in the exact same predicament, 44 mag at 240g each goes quick... What are you paying the little shops for a 1/2 or full 5 gal bucket? I've been offering $10-20 with high success am I paying too much?

Quote Originally Posted by paraord View Post
    I stop at little car garages anytime I go pretty much anywhere out of the area. Normally yielding 25% per 5 gallon bucket. Here in the people's republic of new York I get all I can.
    That and the 44 eats it up fast at 26 boolits per lb.

I loaded 1500 9mm to shoot in the NEW/DEMO STI I just bought thru Gunbroker. Should have it in a couple weeks, after mailing a money order Monday (Cost - $0.70 at Walmart. I don't want seller to hold my personal check for 10 days, and I don't want to pay him 3% for my credit card on the $thousand cost).
    My Christmas will be delayed but it'll be worth the wait.
    But I'll shoot a couple boxes on Christmas right in front of my house. Nice living in the middle of the woods where I can shoot any time I want !
    And I have a trap so I can recover all my lead and shoot it again. And again. And....

Here's a tip for those who might be interested in M.O.s if you don't want to pay/wait.
    Money order fees from banks etc
    Co............................Fees.....Limits
    Bank of America......$5.00 $1,000
    CVS drug store.......$0.70 $500
    USPS......................$1.20 $500
    Walmart..................$0.70 $1,000
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

Have you ever heard of an anchor holding SLOW ?
    As far as some of us on this forum, we don't bite; We shoot !
    To see my images at imgur.com
    sign in as BOOLITCASTER
    password - 123456789

Boolit Grand Master

Fired up my Pro-Melt and cast a nice pile of NOE 311-041's from a new mould. Taking a break from breaking in another new NOE mould, a 379-279. First session with both moulds and haven't cast in awhile so cull rate is pretty high. Both moulds are finally settling down and making some decent boollits.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

I spent a relaxing hour casting with my Lyman 358311 4 cavity. Things went remarkably well. The mold was hot enough when I started that I didn't have a single cull.
    I ended the session with roughly 500 boolits on the table.
    A very nice afternoon.

Boolit Master
    Sorted through the last batch of wadcutters I casted. Threw six back to be recycled.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    I loaded some small batches of 300 sherwood with different powders to see what regulates the the best in the double rifle.

Second heat cycle for two arsenal molds. One 225-62 Elvis and the other is 30 HVTH1 170 sliver. Got a couple hundred keepers of each along with 600 124 TC 9mm from two Lee 6 gangers. Not a single bad bullet cast today, and there is no video footage or pictures of me feeding the pot with culls

Boolit Master

Loaded 100 rounds 9mm Luger and 100 rounds 9mm Mak.

Boolit Master
    Tried out 2 new Lee 308 molds I bought myself for Christmas .150fn and 160 rn .used with my Lee 225 55 gr mold ,all 3 are the new type molds don't know what Lee's doing but they cast great .cleaned with white sprit on a cotton bud no burrs smoked with gas lighter all the boolits fell from the molds cast about a 100 of each in an hour( two cavity molds) .Lee well done I'm really impressed.

Boolit Buddy

I lapped and polished a set o 22 TCM dies that I recived Friday , and polished the decap pin and neck expander , it hepled some but I may get another set and send those back, Those 22Tcm rounds that I sized are the hardest that I have ever had to size and I reload for 20 something cal , Time will tell, and I did a much needed clean up in the shop too
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Man
    I started throwing 5 pound chunks of scrap lead from the scrap yard into my Lyman bottom pour pot. I just didn't feel dragging out and firing up the turkey fryer. The Lyman is a work horse and I just keep fluxing with saw dust and scooping out the crud. I did about 50 pounds yesterday at an easy rate. I am going to clean the pot out and do another 50 or so pounds today.

Boolit Bub
    Loaded up around 100 rounds of .30-30 this morning then I started loading my pet load in .38 special. I got 371 loaded up before I ran out of primed and ready to load brass. I've primed about another 350 so far but taking a break before taking the misses out to supper. I'll work on getting some more primed later in the week.

Boolit Master
    Lubed ,gas checked sized the boolits I cast yesterday .might cast more tommorow if its not raining and I can get some free time.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimfire View Post
    I loaded some 38 spec. with the old lyman 310 tool.
    That's just cool!

Did some load testing at the range today. The 9.0 grain load of Trap 100 looks promising. 😊Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0295.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	183619

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Did some load testing at the range today. The 9.0 grain load of Trap 100 looks promising. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0295.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	183619
    I posted this from my phone so not sure why the image got rotated on the upload...

Boolit Grand Master

I posted this from my phone so not sure why the image got rotated on the upload...
    My phone @ laptop don't get along and my IT aptitude is right up there with my tea mug's....happens to me all the time!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

I loaded up 100 rounds 223, 55gr V-Max over 24.2gr T A C. Squeek season is coming, and I will be ready.

Boolit Master

I don't want to post images at the higher resolution that my phone gives me, so I just use the phone to transfer the files up to Google Drive and then download them to my laptop at a later time and resize them for posting on the forums.

Spent the day running errands and then changing out the water heater in my attic. There was so much sand and whatever in the bottom of the water heater that the water drained VERY slowly. By the time I got it drained, a new platform built, and a new drain pan (mostly) installed, it was too late, so Home Depot was closed and I couldn't go get the other parts I needed. So, I ended up with a VERY cold shower last night in order to wash all the dirt and fiberglass off of me. BRRRR!!!

Page 168 of 604 FirstFirst ... 68118158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178218268 ... LastLast