Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyGraf & Sons
Titan ReloadingADvertise hereRotoMetals2StainLess Steel Media

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Last night I opened the shop doors, turned on the fans, and made ignots. My daughter gave me a cast iron egg poaching pan that works great. Pure lead eggs are spray painted back on the flat side; wheel weights are painted blue. I did find a couple of ww's that a torch would not melt. I don't know WHAT those are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy C View Post
    Attachment 210482 reloading in my apartment.
    After looking at your loading room ,guess I should spend this month cleanin up mine

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    After looking at your loading room ,guess I should spend this month cleanin up mine
    This probably applies to most of us!

Anyway, I'm still processing pistol brass. I've been trying to run 4 loads a day through the whole process including tumbling and sorting them.
    Last edited by lightman; 01-06-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Last night I opened the shop doors, turned on the fans, and made ignots. My daughter gave me a cast iron egg poaching pan that works great. Pure lead eggs are spray painted back on the flat side; wheel weights are painted blue. I did find a couple of ww's that a torch would not melt. I don't know WHAT those are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Them are called 'leverites'...'leave them right there' cause they ain't good for nuthin!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

2018 is going to be a 'Jaw-Dropping Year' . . . 'The Year', the World was born to live . . .
    just, "watch your 6" .

Boolit Master

My stamping tools are on the bench and I had several new replacement keys made. The family expects me to have spares for any lock they own. I did the coded name on the new keys and hung them in the cabnet behind the RCBS supreme. Burr it's cold down there.
    Does that count?
    Information not shared. is wasted.

I got the chance to set up my new Lee auto drum powder measure. Holly cow where has this thing been! Instead of struggling with running h4895 through the double disk setup I had before and questioning not only if the charge was right but if there even was one, it worked beautifully. Got about 300 rounds of 223 loaded up for my ar.

Setup the other drum for 4.4 grains of bullseye for the 1911. Gonna run out of boolits at this rate and have to cast again. Found out that my Lee pot' s temperature swings pretty wildly and at it's lowest setting is still trying to push 900°, so I'm at an impasse on the casting front. I foresee a PID being added to my casting toolbox.

Looked for my packet of different grit sandpaper to enlarge my lee .458 to .4595. Spent 2 hours cleaning my reloading room, found 15 Lyman mold handles I'd forgotten I had, abox of hanging bins and several bags of ready to load brass BUT No sandpaper soo I went out to the shop but the finest sandpaper I could find was 600 grit, it worked. Sized 600 45/70 to .4595

Boolit Master

Do to the weather , I have been hanging out around the house for a couple days , so I decided to load all of the 45 auto boolits I had cast left over from last year , one more coffee can to go then I can cast some more . A can of each 185 swc saeco , 200 swc saeco , and last one is 230 tc from lee .

Boolit Master
    Sized and trimmed 50 308 cases then cleaned in my new song cleaner .will polish in tumbler when they dry .

Boolit Master
    What is a "song" cleaner. Dont you love auto correct.

I finally, after many false starts, finished loading all my .25 ACP brass. I really dislike having to hand weigh all those 1.3 gr loads of green dot. My adjustable rotor for my little dandy measure arrived today, but it's hex screw cavity looks bigger than an RCBS #1. I might have to buy #0 & 00 to get down that low.

Is a song cleaner another word for Q-Tip or is it a welsh thing?

Loaded .44s and then shot some and like it so much i loaded and then cast some more.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    Is a song cleaner another word for Q-Tip or is it a welsh thing?
    Ultrasonic cleaner?

Boolit Master
    Loaded some more 9mm. Plan is to load up all I need this winter for shooting the rest of 2018
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Lined up my moulds for the first casting session since shoulder surgery! I'm going to cast RCBS 35-200 FN, LEE C309113F, LEE C309150F, and LEE 35-105 SWC.

Boolit Master

loaded 100 ea 44 Mag and 44-40

was a fun day all around
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master

Spent much of Saturday with a very capable and experienced shooter exploring hand loading and casting. This is the second of our "classes" together and he is loving it. In a couple of weeks we will proceed to the range with some of the rounds we are creating and find out what works best. In the meantime I am enjoying his enthusiasm for paying attention and doing it right and allowing me to belabor the basics as a foundation for a safe and enjoyable future. He is really a fine young man and just a couple of years older than my adult kids ( that have no interest in hand loading) so I'm having fun too.
    Valley Forge

Boolit Master

Well done Sr

Boolit Master

Agreed, good job passing on those skills!

Boolit Master
    Reloaded 45-70 this last weekend, cleaned up the mess a bit, first time since end of last summer.

Page 273 of 322 FirstFirst ... 173223263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280281282283 ... LastLast