Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

44Blam, I hope you don’t have any other projects.....I think you’ll be busy for a while! memtb

Sat and stared at my Reloading presses with no empties to work with. you can only clean stuff so many times before finish starts getting thin

44Blam, I hope you don’t have any other projects.....I think you’ll be busy for a while! memtb
    It'll be a long nite. I have a big plastic container with clean 44 mag brass that needs processing. 300 hardly put a dent in it!
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    When my lead stash pile (roofing lead) started coming up short, moved it all to the garage. Sunday moved it all (500 pounds or so) to the shed from hell as my wife calls it. Used my Kubota L3800 with the front end loader all in one trip. Got tired of climbing over the pile everytime I opened the garage door. That bucket has paid for itself many times over as well as the Kubota. Probably one of my smarter buys. Then spent the rest of the day cleaning the crud off a WW1 german 77mm cannon shell casing. Hope fully will stock in the lathe to smooth down the brass then spend some time polishing it on my home made buffer. Frank

samari46, This may be a new trend in reloading! I haven’t used my Kubota for reloading purposes....yet! Much like yourself, the Kubota was one of my best purchases. If I “ever” have to move my “stash”, I’ll use the Kubota as well! memtb

Boolit Master
    Tumbled some 3030 and 38Special. Primed the 30 30, made some checks, and ran some hollopoints through the Star. Gonna experiment with some 748.

Moderator Emeritus

Oh, today was a special day in the reloading room.

The Postman recently delivered a used (San Diego) Star Lubesizer.
    Today, I got it setup ...I put some oil on all the important places, then I pushed out the old lube, installed some new lube, put in a 40 cal die, and awaaaaaaaaay I went.
    This is the second Star on the bench, and this second one started working perfectly, right out of the Gate.
    It came with a neat homemade heater/plate, aluminum with a partially disassembled travel Iron with thermostat...and it works slick
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Trimmed / deburred those 300 44 mag cases. They're ready to load!
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Just clean up last two nights!! But was only able to dedicate about a hour each day. Been tired. Stretched my self thin over last weekend and... Well I aint as young as I once was.

I wanted to have loaded up a ladder for the 350 scr and shot tonight... That aint happening and at this point, I dont see it till MAYBE Friday!! More then likely it will be Sunday as my Saturday is dedicated already.

CW

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Trying to get the reloading room cleaned up and back in shape. Starting to have some cool days and since I'm running low on 38/357 Mag bullets, I am trying to get everything ready to cast more.

Boolit Master
    I'm looking at 3 empty coffee cans that have a 45acp sticker on the lid , and I'm looking forward to filling them up with the cooler weather coming . Actually all my cast stock is getting pretty low . I need to tighten up .........

Boolit Master
    Loaded 30-30 while quarantined today. 10 rounds with 28 grains of 748 and 10 rounds with 29 grains, all under an NOE 311165gr hollow point, Carnuba Blue lube, and a home made gas check. Then 100 more with 7.5 grains of Red Dot and Accurate 31-157R plain base boolit. I kind of want to see how hard I can push this boolit without leading using traditional lube, but the Red Dot loads are so fun and light.
    Last edited by sigep1764; 09-19-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Decapped about 1,000 12-ga hulls. Whew!

Loaded up 100 44 mag boomers.
    I found that I have about 40 lbs of 44 mag boolits all PC'd and gas checked where applicable.
    My plan is to stock up my 44 mag by just doing some stuff with it each day until I need to cast more boolits... Or my 8lb keg of Norma 200 arrives and I go back to the new shiny round...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Grand Master

Annealed some brass. Of course it didn’t go smoothly. Haven’t used it in awhile and the tip didn’t work. Somehow I had a second one, installed it but had some issues w/ flame length varying. This effected the process and I know I overheated quite a few cases. Between the trimmer issues and this I’ve ruined about 100 cases. So I ordered 2,000 from Jeff Bartlett.

This was before the flame issues:
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/dragon813gt/41w4pn

Boolit Master
    Loaded 100 38 Special with 2.8 grains of Red Dot. They're nice and soft shooting in the Colt Official Police.

Loaded another 100 44 mag boomers...

Gonna do another 100 and then do some mid/soft loads.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    went to my reloading area, opened powder magazine, perused my stash of assorted powders then opened other magazine assessed the amassed cases of primers and brass cases and felt overwhelmed about the task at hand. So I sat down on my lead sofa made from assorted size lead bars and padded with wool mil surp wool blanket and decided that my fortune this far has been good maybe I should start casting and loading again (its been almost a week)

100 more 44 mag boomers.
    The weekend is going to be busy! I got a keg of Norma 200 so I need to ladder up some 350 legend 125s and 180s to see how that goes.

Next week, I'm going to do another 300 44 mag but as mid range and trailboss loads for the wife.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Buddy
    Last night I tried out my new Accurate mold for 300 BO. Forgot to clean it and was getting badly wrinkled boolits. Cleaned it with a teeth brush and barkeepers friend, smoked it with wooden matches and it started making some better looking boolits. Sometime today I will go through them and see how many keepers I have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	267970

Page 460 of 604 FirstFirst ... 360410450451452453454455456457458459460461462463464465466467468469470510560 ... LastLast