Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load DataWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	todays reloading.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	308776

200+ 30-06. 400 more should put me in decent shape for plinking next summer.

Boolit Master
    I rigged up some hangers for a breechlock bushing, primer arms, and a wrench for adjusting lever length, next to my press.
    [Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/9SwjdA6.jpg)

Made a low footprint spent primer collector. It is the right size and shape to lay right next to the press linkages when the ram is raised up, so it takes up virtually no extra space under the bench.
    [Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/zaAoDUS.jpg)

I had to grind out a couple notches in the side of the preform tube to clear the nuts on the press linkages. I even ground down one of the nuts on the press.
    [Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/XQsb3A3.jpg)
    [Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/oJ0RFwW.jpg)

And I made a spent primer deflector out of steel. For years I used a piece of plastic that I just jammed in place. That worked fine, but it looked like trash whenever it was out of the press and I was cleaning the bench. I finally must have misplaced it or threw it away.
    [Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/0a6Q143.jpg)

Boolit Bub

Cool

[QUOTE=Okie73;3034502]I did absolutely nothing because we haven't found a house yet and have been stuck in an apartment for two months! I'm going through reloading withdrawls.[/QUOTE ]

I can sell you a house in OKC, you could move in quick!

No longer living in the High Country, Australia, a lowlander now.

Armorcast Ork Gargant

Airbrushing an old/still new WH40k Ork Gargant, one of only 600 made in the USA & sold Worldwide by Armorcast, started production in June of 1995 & licenced then by the Warhammer 40K Company, England.
    My gun room is also my hobby room.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orc Gargant-armorcast 11111.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	308934

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too."

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal' View Post
    Airbrushing an old/still new WH40k Ork Gargant, one of only 600 made in the USA & sold Worldwide by Armorcast, started production in June of 1995 & licenced then by the Warhammer 40K Company, England.

I’ve never seen anything like that before. I was only 2 years old when they started production though but it does lend a new meaning to the term Pee Shooter.

Great job

No longer living in the High Country, Australia, a lowlander now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandoair View Post
    I’ve never seen anything like that before. I was only 2 years old when they started production though but it does lend a new meaning to the term Pee Shooter.

Great job
    As said, I am airbrushing/painting my son's unit after having it sit on my kitchen table for many years, & yes it gets a lot of comments, my eldest son got me started painting his Warhammer 40K models many years back, a popular table game all over the world.
    The photo is to show what I have & I am basically following the same paint scheme except Yellow is my main colour.........a lot of fun,
    Bought originally from an eBay seller in the USA & imported to Oz.....

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too."

Boolit Master

Building a new reloading room…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran my new RCBS pro melt 2 for the first time. Love the bottom pour. Got around 600 perfect Boolits in about an hour. Weighed them last night and the weight (132-134) is way more consistent than my ladle poured Boolits with way more keepers. MP 356 2r bb no lube grove 8 cavity mold. Haven’t tested these yet but have 25 loaded up for when it warms up above 20’ again.

Boolit Grand Master

Nice! I have a couple of Warhammer and WH40K Omnibus books. Great reads and I'm a fan of the Gotrek and Felix books. Fantasy but not over the edge silly stuff for the most part.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Dozen 12g using my new Lee and Promo. Fiocchi hulls and Lightening wads for 1oz loads. Easier than I thought and they all go bang! Had to adjust the bushings, though using a scale to get the right powder throw but when loading something I always check with my GemTek250 on the first few anyways.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Mold
    My reloading room is also my firearms build lab. Today I did some maintenance and repairs on one of my 1919s, welded up a CETME C receiver, populated an Ak barrel, and loaded 600 9mm (124gn jacketed over win231)
    “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but hollow points expand on impact”

Boolit Mold

I haven’t seen that one before, very cool! I never got into warhammer, just DnD and model tanks/ cars. But I have done a few hundred space marines on commission for people from the local comic shop.
    “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but hollow points expand on impact”

Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    Emptied Dad's 12# can of Unique. Only took 54 years . There's only enough left in the UniFlow and the little 1# square can for about 2,000 45 ACP/AR .

The real bummer is now I have to figure out how to burn up that 10# of Red Dot that's in the same 1968-69 keg that Grampa left me that just a year newer ......
    https://forum.castbulletassoc.org/th...ns-of-red-dot/

I cast my first Bullets in at least 10 or 15 years. Not counting a few garbage bullets I poured with a ladle last night. I got a Lee 429-214 a few weeks ago and poured a small batch from an ancient Lee bottom pour pot that I bought used in the early 2000s. It took me a while to get into a groove, but I finally got some decent bullets. I definitely am out of practice and have a few issues to fix, but I can shoot some of these. I plan to eventually start powder coating, but I'll probably just tumble lube these.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTad View Post
    I cast my first Bullets in at least 10 or 15 years. Not counting a few garbage bullets I poured with a ladle last night. I got a Lee 429-214 a few weeks ago and poured a small batch from an ancient Lee bottom pour pot that I bought used in the early 2000s. It took me a while to get into a groove, but I finally got some decent bullets. I definitely am out of practice and have a few issues to fix, but I can shoot some of these. I plan to eventually start powder coating, but I'll probably just tumble lube these.

Nice work. That is a very accurate bullet, I've shot thousands of them.

Lee 358-140 SWC. About 500 for 38 special. But some mic .362" should I size them (.359") before powder coating?

Quote Originally Posted by TXTad View Post

I just got this mold and they are all coming out 219-220, they shoot out of my contender like a dream, its my new go to 44 mag silhouette boolit
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by compass will View Post
    Lee 358-140 SWC. About 500 for 38 special. But some mic .362" should I size them (.359") before powder coating?
    For what it's worth in my minascule experience, I have done the sizing before and added about a thousandth, and I have sized after powder to get the exact die size. I started with the powder coat this last year sometime with 10mm and with the molds I had for lubed boolits like the one's you have here. After some expiramenting I decided I don't like to Powder Coat the lube grove boolits. bad for my accuracy. Even my 230 grain boolit only has 2 lube groves and I "think" that more surface area touching the barrel is more bettera. I now have an MP mold, 356/359 130 rn bb no lube grooves, that throws 8 at a time... I have only fired 7 batches of 5 each, 35 of those so far but did see some batches with very good accuracy in my 9mm XDM 4.5". I do think in a 38 sp the powder coat may work better then in the 10mm.... just say'in
    Last edited by Mandoair; 01-14-2023 at 12:47 AM.

And today was, cast, size, and lube about 800 155gr .360 (sized 358) boolits out of my MP mold, love this mold, they come out 157-158 with my lead, my small caliber ILSA load
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Boolit Master
    Broke in a new Lee #4 buckshot mold.And pan lubed Lee REAL 45 cal

Page 560 of 604 FirstFirst ... 60460510550551552553554555556557558559560561562563564565566567568569570 ... LastLast