RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    The other night I decided I needed to get back in the loading so I grabbed a random rifle ........figures I'd grab the Prima Donna . This is a special order rifle , an 06' with an 8.5" twist , Savage 1965 so likely not as odd as it seems at first glance .
    Prima likes weigh lotted brass . My Dad passed a couple of yr ago and I was given all of his stuff and among it was his RC , dies , powder etc . I went through it to put it up and mounted his RC next to mine . At some point I must have "borrowed" the TW52 brass decapped and reamed it . Anyway I set out to weigh lot it and found it much better than the LC43 .
    Naturally it wouldn't chamber in Prima , I must have used the Universal decapper .
    I looked for the 06' dies and came to Dad's Herters FL set first and figured they probably needed to be set up anyway .... I screwed the die in and it stopped as is just scuffing the shell holder .....good as any place to start , it was almost like that's the last place they were screwed in . It was Dad's press after all , that may have improved the odds . Sure enough ran the first case and it was sized perfect for the fire form .... You know for just a moment it was almost like .......
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

This morning I beat my brains out trying to figure out why my 20yr old Hornady L-N-L PM suddenly started to drop widely varying charges of Titegroup.
    I pulled 150 loaded rds of suspect .44Mag Cowboy Ammo out of rotation and dumped them in an Old mayo jar to break down later.

Finally figured it was a loose clamp screw on the upper clamp of the L-N-L Powder Drop.
    Tightened all screws and the PM - PD settled down and started to drop accurate Powder charges again.
    Six screws and one loosens slightly and it all goes to Blazes.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master

Harter66,
    My dad and I were close too. I KNOW what you mean!

Dale53

Boolit Grand Master

Still processing brass. I started the day by emptying the tumbler and reloading it. I sorted brass, resized brass and removed primer crimps on and off all day. I did take a break long enough to watch Georgia whop up on Arkansas!

The reloading room was spread out today. Much in the recliner watching SEC games. Was proud that the Razorbacks looked much better this year in their loss to Georgia. Anyway, deprimed 290 rounds of 300 BO and 320 rounds of 223. Washed and dried them all. Put into an ammo box nose down to make sure no tumbling pins were in the primer holes.

I did try something different after I got the pins out and rinsed the brass I spayed some Meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax on it, worked it around and rinsed. It doesn't have that squeaky clean feel now. It almost feels like it's dry lubed. Kinda is I hope. Don't know when I'll get around to loading it. Probably at least a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Put together some 405 45-70 rounds

Built my new lower. Now my 350 Legend Upper has a dedicated lower... With a really nice Trigger Tech trigger. It's sooo sweet.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master

Just straightened and organized a bit... Beautiful FALL weather kept me OUTSIDE!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    prepped 10 x 45-70 cases ,now they are in my tumbler to make them pretty .no brass shaming for me.

Boolit Buddy
    This weekend finally getting around to working on the $100 Rem 700 25-06 rifle I acquired. It was in pretty bad shape looks like it had been a muzzle in the floor board ranch gun. I cut off the damaged muzzle and using the lathe put an 11deg crown on it; replaced the busted trigger guard with the Magpul 700L trigger guard and magazine; pillar and bedded the action into the replacement stock, mounted and bore sighted the new scope. It will be going for cerakote once I get done blue printing the action. Didn't have any 25-06 brass but have plenty of 270, so turned 100 cases of 270 into 25-06. Then loaded some ladder loads of IMR4831 over a 117gr Hornday BTSP. Haven't ordered a 25-06 bullet mold yet but the itch to cast for rifle is getting stronger.

Boolit Buddy
    Working on swapping out my clapped out 12" Atlas Lathe to a less clapped out 10" Atlas Lathe. Yes that has to do with reloading, I need it to start working on some dies and a few other bits. I am thinking it will initially hold my Giraud Trimmer too.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Cleaned off my loading bench, converted the 650 to .41 and loaded a couple of dozens test rounds in 41 special.
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    prepped 10 x 45-70 cases ,now they are in my tumbler to make them pretty .no brass shaming for me.
    Ha! With my 45-70 and 44 Mag, I look for the tarnished brass to load. I think they look a whole lot better!
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Grand Master

For the last few weeks I've been cleaning up in my loading room. This was mostly sorting, depriming and tumbling brass that was in coffee cans all over the bench and the floor. Well, today I got to the bottom of it! The brass that is! I kept 1000 223's, 1000 9mm and 1000 40 S&W's out to load but I got all of the rest of it put away. I still have some tools, boxes and assorted stuff to put back into its proper place.

Boolit Buddy
    I checked on my order from Optics Planet. Been a week today. Waiting on 300 BO M die, lee factory crimp die, and a chronograph. Still says order processing.

Boolit Master
    Put together an AR pistol in 223 last week and ran some cast through it. Ill be dipped if it didn't keyhole and fail to chamber caused by all the unburnt powder in turn caused by the pistol length gas system(its a 7.5in barrel). 15.5 grains of W748 work well in the standard 16in carbine gas systems of my other AR's. Tried again today and still looked like a shotgun pattern at 25 yards. Bought a 20 round pack of J words and it stacked them neatly. Figured more speed would do it, so went home and loaded 35 rounds with 20grains of W748(because the Dillon had 35 primers in it) and voila, same good group as the JWords, all in an inch or so at 25 yards from standing with a cheap non magnified red dot. Im happy with this plinker. It might be my new truck gun.

Loaded some 30-06 this afternoon. Three different loads of IMR 3031 with 165 grain lead gas checked and powder coated. Only 30 rounds for a test. Still have a bunch of 223’s to test when the range gets opened up again.

My Blue Heeler took a nap on the floor while I slowly and carefully loaded some 44-40 plinking loads. A handful of .430” round balls over a bit of Bullseye in old brass and 50 Lee .429” TLSWC 240gr PC over a bit of Unique in brand new brass. It was a fun time; I’ll be glad when I can shoot them.

Boolit Grand Master

I started off this morning by setting my Giraud trimmer up and started trimming 1000 223 cases. I just finished about 500 of them and decided to take a break. After lunch I'll do the other 500 plus a few extras. I'll probably drop them into the tumbler for a few more hours.

Loaded up 50 180 grain 350 Legend cartridges. I think I'll do this each night unil I run out of boolits. (I've got about 100-150 or so.)
    I think I'll cast some more on Sunday...
    WWG1WGA

Page 462 of 604 FirstFirst ... 362412452453454455456457458459460461462463464465466467468469470471472512562 ... LastLast