RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

I moved a gun project aside to start reloading some .30 Carbine with 110jsp and try some Lee 113F as a test.

Boolit Master
    Nothing. I ate a pork chop Tuesday evening and thought I was gonna die. Today I had my wife drive me to a business appointment because I was still too icckky to drive that far.

But I'm feeling better now! Not grand, but better. Still scared to eat much......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Worked on finding a boolit to chamber in my Swede rolling block. I am working with the Lyman Plains boolit, as cast fit the case mouth perfect, hope it will be a shooter, but still to early to tell, it has passed the first test though, it will chamber without having to resize, fit the sized case as cast, so on to phase two. Here is how they look.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Worked on finding a boolit to chamber in my Swede rolling block. I am working with the Lyman Plains boolit, as cast fit the case mouth perfect, hope it will be a shooter, but still to early to tell, it has passed the first test though, it will chamber without having to resize, fit the sized case as cast, so on to phase two. Here is how they look.

Beautiful!
    Now I need to load some lead!
    I think so WDWW to try in my 30/30 are in order.
    50/50 allot shot a pattern at 30 yards

I made my first batch of lube(glenn's moly Lube. A whole two pounds ) that will last me a really, really long time

AND I made a batch of 2 percent copper, lead alloy. 25 lbs. The stuff is hard. Like REAL hard. I used a piece of pipe and a hammer to mark my ingots, as I used the same ingot mould as my wheel weight lead, and it took quite a few hefty blows to mark it! They will be cast at a later date. Mostly for my 454, but I may cut a batch with a bit if soft lead to use in 9mm.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Loaded the range bag and cleaned the target gun one more time. My first Bullseye match is tomorrow. I do not need to win. Just do not want to come in last.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Nothing. I ate a pork chop Tuesday evening and thought I was gonna die. Today I had my wife drive me to a business appointment because I was still too icckky to drive that far.

But I'm feeling better now! Not grand, but better. Still scared to eat much......
    Did you cook that pork chop first ?

Boolit Master
    Ladder tested 150 rounds of 9mm yesterday. Going to retest the best 3 loads of 3 powders to verify, so citrus cleaned the cases, tumbled them, inspected for issues & now all set in a tray to reload. Gonna start that tonite.

We finally got some Spring weather, and it is 60F, so I am likely going to go shoot some 38Sp. with the Missus later, & maybe even some 45ACP as well. Then it is steaks & stuffed Jalapeno poppers on the grill.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Hi-teked 1000 158 grain 38 cast bullets
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Boolit Master

Sized/decapped, trimmed, annealed, and wet tumbled ~200 '06 cases. Ed

Boolit Master
    Loaded 600 9mm. In the last 4 weeks, I have loaded almost 6000. The 550C has been a big help, lots more room than the SDB. My goal is 10000 loaded rounds. That will give me time to do some smelting and casting to get ahead of reloading. They are all the Elco HP boolit with 2.8 grains of Red Dot.

Boolit Master
    Sized expanded primed 50 45-70 cases put another 50 in my sonic cleaner.I'll load some up later on as I shot 40 at the range ,all that I had loaded.

Boolit Master
    Loaded 200 380 ACP with Lee 358 105 SWC with 1.8 grains of Red Dot. Cleaned my boolit seating die, full of lube from a maladjusted star lubersizer.

Boolit Master
    Packaged three FRB with products some members purchased from me, and then took them to the PO.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post

What caliber is that?

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    taco650,
    The caliber is 12,7x44R

Roughly similar to our 50-70 Gov't of 1866. The 50-70 Gov't is the parent case for the swede cartridge.

Boolit Master
    Cast dead soft 150g swc hp 357 for FBI load 38 spl. Powder coated pink. For daughters Detective Spl.
    Loaded in steps up to full tilt +P, we'll see how hot she can keep on target.

A buddy was getting leading in his wife's 3913 with my cast 125hp. Cast more, powder coated, plain base gas check, lubed Carnuba Red when sizing. Loaded to about 1000 f/s. If those lead, I'm gunna have to just shoot him ! ha
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
    Did you cook that pork chop first ?
    Lori cooked them.... Hers didn't make her sick..

I prefer ribeye.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master
    Good And bad: Yea and Drat.

The Good: Noe Finished my two Molds and I have them in my Possession; Both are four cavity Aluminum;
    First one is for the 50 grain Ranch Dog TL255-50-RF Design;
    Second one is for the 65 grain Ranch Dog TL255-65-RF Design.
    Al at NOE designed the cutting tool to be able to make both size bullet molds so tooling cost was spread over the Full Group buy of TL255 Molds.
    So anyone Desiring a copy of the mold can order it without having a Tooling Charge for it; Just The Wait for production scheduling.

The Bad: The First of the two Lee "Oversize" carbide ring Sizing dies that I ordered to size to SAAMI .25ACP Maximum Case Diameter has FAILED due to the Carbide Ring Shattering after 100 cases were swaged to its diameter.
    The second is sizing slightly OVER SAMMI maximum diameter for the .25ACP case.

I believe the Failure was my fault as I may have maladjusted the die and caused the failure from the rim of a parent case over stressing the carbide.
    But now I need to order another "Oversize" one from Lee Precision.

The Nice: I have tried out a .277" ID Drill Bushing for a "Shearing" last step in my forming instead of a "Turning operation(s)" step.
    100 Cases of 5.7x28mm FN that had been Swaged down to ~.277" body diameter with a short tapered section near the Base and not yet turned down were pushed into the Drill bushing mounted in a used die body and Successfully came out ~.277" diameter from Mouth to Extractor Clearance Cut (ECC) just above the rim. The base for about .070" above the ECC down to the top of the ECC showed clean Brass devoid of the Polymer coating. There was a Thin, fine, ring of sheared Brass and Polymer sittin gin the ECC that was removed by finger manipulation.
    These were the cases final Swage formed by The die that failed on the 101st case when I began the set up for the second 100 case box of formed cases.

Now to wait for Funds (next monthly Social Security Direct Deposit).

NOTE: These reformed 5.7x28mm Cases are parent stock for ~.278" body diameter Wildcat cartridges (.25ALRM, .25ALS, .25MACP, .25ALR).

Chev. William

Boolit Buddy
    Cleaned ........ LOL

Page 303 of 604 FirstFirst ... 203253293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313353403 ... LastLast