WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
PBcastcoLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    I used an old single cavity Lee 160 gr rn. They weighed 150 gr as they came from the mold, I'm believing I have a bit much babbit in those. They are some I casted about 7 years ago...

I only have 2 30 caliber molds, the other is a 165 gr RD that I bought many moons ago.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

wet tumbled 250 .45 Colt brass--laying in the Texas sun drying as I type this
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

deprimed and sized a bucket of 40sw.
    Whatever!

Loaded up 100 223 rounds. Put 400 to 500 9mm brass in the tumbler.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I finally found a cabinet that someone didn’t want and installed it over my reloading bench. Just the right width for the bench and for the light that used to hang over it.

Now I can clear off my bench when I need space.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4417C6B0-1AB0-4A86-BE7E-05D38F19DFD4.jpg   45794433-CDDE-4F50-9441-446415FBCC0B.jpg  
    Last edited by ghh3rd; 05-22-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Sorted 9mm by manufacture name. Chamfered heavy after they are belled. My Lee Die closes the belling immediately and scrapes Hi-tek coating plus about 0.10 lead from the bullet. Now, should I chamfer the inside of the die with the correct diameter and shape diamond rotary tool ????????

Boolit Grand Master
    Ordered some 303 British brass from Graf & Sons just now. Shuffling through the ammo cabinets and gun safe to figure out what I am taking to NCBS. Stuff to shoot, maybe a few things to sell, yadda yadda. Test-drove some 10/22 magazine loaders I ordered a few weeks back--the Champion crank-turning gizmo surprised me with how well it worked. Two other simpler follower depressors worked OK, but there is a definite "feel" to making them function well that has a bit of a learning curve.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by OldBearHair View Post
    Sorted 9mm by manufacture name. Chamfered heavy after they are belled. My Lee Die closes the belling immediately and scrapes Hi-tek coating plus about 0.10 lead from the bullet. Now, should I chamfer the inside of the die with the correct diameter and shape diamond rotary tool ????????
    If I understand your problem correctly, the seating die is closing up the case mouth flair so that the case mouths are shaving coating and lead? If that is the case, it should be as easy as turning the seating die body out until it is no longer applying crimp while seating. Of course, that will mean turning the seating stem down to maintain the COL. I've never chamfered an auto-loading handgun case, or had a need to.

Boolit Master

Yesterday I finished melting and cleaning 170 pounds of range lead and today I reloaded 20 steel case 7.62x54R cases and 65 7 TCUs. Getting low on 7mm boolits so I'm going to need to do some casting soon.

Boolit Master
    Tumbled 100 rounds of 380ACP brass, loaded a 100 rounds of 9mm, and loaded 20 rounds of 270 Winchester. Need to cast more 270 boolits and find more brass. Also need to move an AO scope onto the M70 270. Indoor range is only 25 yards and this 10grains of red dot in 270 is prolly more accurate than the current scope will allow due to blurry crosshairs that can't be focused enough.

Boolit Master
    I was puttering around and called my oldest son. He said he had to come up to Phenix City.
    Oh really?
    Could you bring my 30/30 when you come?
    He couldn't stay but for a few minutes, but my rifle was in his car.......
    Now to try those light loads I made the other day......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

After 3 years with the Rugar LCP I finally relented and got a die set, 102 gr Lee double mold and a bag of 500 empty range brass. Its tweezer time! I just couldn’t bear the the $18 a box price and hunting then running for those rare $15/box deals any longer. It got to the point I only shot the gun at my annual range qualifications which isn’t the best thing for a daily carry gun. $80 all in, not bad at all. Such a fantastic little gun its a shame not to be able to shoot it often.
    So does anybody know a nice Bullseye loading for a .380 pushing 102Gr lead RN?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bid a fond farewell to a $4.65 can of IMR 4320 by loading 11 Lee C309150F over 1.9 cc's of powder in the 30-30. It aged well as far as accuracy goes; that's all I care about.

Boolit Master
    Well I went to visit a friend I haven't seen for a few months , we sat around in his gun room for a couple hours catching up . A nice Sunday afternoon .

Boolit Master
    Well I packed up 50% of what was left in the reloading room. Yesterday I welded up two Dueling trees one for me and one I am going to donate to my club. They do not deserve it but I will still donate it for the few who do.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Melted down 225 #'s of range scrap into ingots. Not the yeild I was hoping for but it's all free gravy. Cast about 500 9mm and 50 Lyman 525 and 50 Russian Paradox slugs. Sorted brass. I'm now sitting on a pretty solid supply of 9mm (1-1/2 5 gal pails) and my supply of .40 S&W and .45 ACP is coming along nicely as well.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master
    Tumbling more 9mm cases..

I have been on a 9mm kick lately. Was loading up 124gr 2Rs, but I think I am now gonna load up some more 120 & 124 TCs this afternoon/evening since it is un-seasonally warm outside.

Might also go do some shooting though, if I can find a shady spot.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Tumbling more 9mm cases..

I have been on a 9mm kick lately. Was loading up 124gr 2Rs, but I think I am now gonna load up some more 120 & 124 TCs this afternoon/evening since it is un-seasonally warm outside.

Might also go do some shooting though, if I can find a shady spot.
    Get an 8 foot patio umbrella and hang shade fabric 2/3 of the way around it (fromm umbrella to the ground).---- you shoot in the shade (or out of the rain) and all your brass is within the circle when you are done.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    Get an 8 foot patio umbrella and hang shade fabric 2/3 of the way around it (fromm umbrella to the ground).---- you shoot in the shade (or out of the rain) and all your brass is within the circle when you are done.
    Nice idea!

I already have a beach type umbrella, so would just need to get that shade cloth or something like it... Old sheet maybe.
    I already use a 9x12 painters tarp to catch the brass on the ground, so I make just do this.

Thnx!

P.S. - In the past, when I have used the umbrella & the ground is too hard to shove it in, I have taken a piece of 1-1/2 - 2 inch PVC pipe about 2 feeet long & cut an angle on the end at about 45 deg. I drive the pointy end onto the hard ground when I have to . I use one for the umbrella & I have others I have made for bank set fishing rod holders. Easy to use in sand or soft dirt. When the ground is hard like it is right now being hot & parched, I may have to use one of those "holders" as well.

Thnx again!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned
    JB Let us know how the umbrella works for you

Page 311 of 600 FirstFirst ... 211261301302303304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321361411 ... LastLast