MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I loaded 50 each of these 3 boolit styles for the .41 magnum. Left to right, MP 41-265 TS(261gr), Lee 410TLswc, and the MP41-258hp(215gr). The cup nose and TL are loaded over Bullseye for fun, the hp over H110 for deer/pig hopefully! A shout out to member 41mag for the MP boolits- thank you sir! Those heavy 41-265's barely fit in the Blackhawk cylinder- too bad there's no buffalo about....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    They look great but they are so tiny , you coulda got a big .44 .

Yes, onelight - the .44 is .019” bigger...... nah, I’ve had .44 magnums but I just like the .41 better. Oddball that I am lol. My .44 is a .44 WCF!

Boolit Master
    I ran out of the Blue Angel, blue stick boolit lube! ��

Boolit Master
    Emptied out the "old" hunting ammo. Took my boys out and shot 112 - 243 win, 70 some 270 WCF, 84 - 300 WSM, 28 - 338 Win Mag, 47 - 300 PRC, and a pile of 35 WCF and 405 WCF. All in the tumbler for repeat business. Reloading room will be a little busy this week.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Loaded up another 100 10mm boolits.
    It's the Accurate 40-180 H but I had them make it without the lube grove. They end up weighing about 187 grain Pushing them with a full case of AA#9.

This is a pretty heavy hitting load/boolit.

Edit: Added a pic...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10MM.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	262254
    Last edited by 44Blam; 05-16-2020 at 10:10 PM.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    I didn't close the door right behind me and 2 Quail followed me into the reloading room. I heard them, turned around and they freaked. The male went behind the milling machine and I was able to scoot him out the door. The female got between the reloading bench and window trying to go through the glass. She got behind the brass tumbler so I finally put on gloves, caught her and got her outside. Quail have to be one of the dumbest birds. There are still feathers all over the reloading bench. LOL
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    I didn't close the door right behind me and 2 Quail followed me into the reloading room. I heard them, turned around and they freaked. The male went behind the milling machine and I was able to scoot him out the door. The female got between the reloading bench and window trying to go through the glass. She got behind the brass tumbler so I finally put on gloves, caught her and got her outside. Quail have to be one of the dumbest birds. There are still feathers all over the reloading bench. LOL
    With birds, easiest way to catch one is with a big towel. Get close, get the towel over the bird and close it up. Then walk outside and open the towel.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    loaded 50 each of these 3 boolit styles for the .41 magnum. Left to right, MP 41-265 TS(261gr), Lee 410TLswc, and the MP41-258hp(215gr).
    I

I hope you get a hog with all you send one after, and then some.

I've toted my 41 RH through the thick brush and bottoms at a friend's place along the Trinity and it has never let me down when I did my part. Its plenty accurate and hits with enough authority that I was never worried about getting got.

My friend was so impressed he now has 2 of them. Good luck and enjoy.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

Boolit Grand Master

Mal Paso;
    You may have missed a great opportunity. Roast Quail can be quite tasty, my friend! In fact, if you have so many quail in your area that they are entering your shop, maybe you ought to train them with a trail of shelled corn to walk right in to the shop on a regular basis.

FWIW
    Dale53

Boolit Grand Master

Just finished resizing a medium flat rate box of 40 S&W's. I cleaned the sizing die, emptied the primer catcher and wiped the ram off with an oily rag. I'm planning to have a lazy day today but if I get restless I may start tumbling.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Yes, onelight - the .44 is .019” bigger...... nah, I’ve had .44 magnums but I just like the .41 better. Oddball that I am lol. My .44 is a .44 WCF!
    The main difference in the two is head stamp .
    I am lucky that I have never seen a Bisley flat top in .41 so have not had to invest in brass , dies and molds for another caliber.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale53 View Post
    Mal Paso;
    You may have missed a great opportunity. Roast Quail can be quite tasty, my friend! In fact, if you have so many quail in your area that they are entering your shop, maybe you ought to train them with a trail of shelled corn to walk right in to the shop on a regular basis.

FWIW
    Dale53
    The pair were too small to make a good appetizer but I was thinking about it. One of the oldtimers (look whose talking) here that I used to hang with kept a sack of grain in the barn and would throw the Quail a hand full regularly. His Quail were twice as big as the ones at my place. Been thinking about getting a sack of grain.

I hope you are well. I'm still enjoying that #503 mold you had a hand in. I've probably cast 50,000 of them by now.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Was smelting sheet lead yesterday, and my crucible Handel gave out dumping 30# of molten lead on the ground at my feet as I was about to pour ingots. Splashed my lower pant legs and my shoes good but no harm to me. dose this count as a visit from the tinsel fairy?

Boolit Master

NOT !! without pictures and a greater review of the handle

Pleased you were not harmed, but did you have to change your underwear??

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cast_outlaw View Post
    Was smelting sheet lead yesterday, and my crucible Handel gave out dumping 30# of molten lead on the ground at my feet as I was about to pour ingots. Splashed my lower pant legs and my shoes good but no harm to me. dose this count as a visit from the tinsel fairy?
    That would be a visit from the tinsel OGRE

Boolit Master
    The pair were too small to make a good appetizer but I was thinking about it. One of the oldtimers (look whose talking) here that I used to hang with kept a sack of grain in the barn and would throw the Quail a hand full regularly. His Quail were twice as big as the ones at my place. Been thinking about getting a sack of grain.

I hope you are well. I'm still enjoying that #503 mold you had a hand in. I've probably cast 50,000 of them by now.
    That's not particularly sporting, but I wonder if it would work in town? Though I'd have to use the air rifle to shoot them...

Boolit Master
    I sat at the computer, across the room from my reloading area, fondling the .32LC brass I got from Buffalo Arms, and stroking the poor little Stevens Favorite I just got, and decided I need to go work on my workshop some more. Looks like I need to make my own dies for .32LC & .32SC, and fix my wife's kitchen. Maybe later this week.

Boolit Master
    Loaded some 22 TCM with a new MiHec 35g HP. These guys are gonna BARK !
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master

Had some ugly in a good way Colt brass to play with.
    I might have finally found a use for the expertly modified Lyman 45 round ball mould. some crafty bastard turned it into a ball-ette. It's supposed to be .457" but they drop way small. Sized to .453" and loaded over some Clays.
    I made a hand full to try out someday when I get back to the range. This has king of been the norm. Make up a hand full of something g weird to test at a later date. It’s cool to get some experiments lined up.

Name:	A030DEEE-174D-4041-B356-1B3180B8F06D.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	262303

Name:	D59DC732-F18A-48A5-B687-E155386A4A02.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	262304

Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    NOT !! without pictures and a greater review of the handle

Pleased you were not harmed, but did you have to change your underwear??

Mike

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	262299

Views:	16 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	262301

Views:	17 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	262305
    Well that’s the mess I managed to clean sum up will have to Do more later re melted and cleaned the spill got about 20# or so back my crucible was just an old walk someone left at a rental I had and the Handel was in tuff shape I should have know better but I figured I get one more go at it the third pour is when it happened I have fairly quick reactions so I was jumping back before it hit the ground
    And the shoes that’s not coming off
    Now to build a real one as my source tells me there are 3 55gallon drums of ww with my name on them

Page 447 of 604 FirstFirst ... 347397437438439440441442443444445446447448449450451452453454455456457497547 ... LastLast