ADvertise hereTitan ReloadingGraf & SonsMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2StainLess Steel MediaLee Precision

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Having more than one reloading room, I broke out the old prevent ideal single cavity mold and cast away. Some 452374 45 cal boolits. Once we got everything dialed in she cast away one after another.

Ordered a new 5 cavity Arsenal 9mm powder coat mold. Thinking hard on buying the wife an I both Ruger 9mm carbines.....
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Sorted 3 buckets of wheel weights that were given to me free. 100 #'s WW and 45 #'s of soft lead after losing the garbage zinc & steel.

Kraken Fan #69

I was running low on .380 ammo, so ran about 250 over the weekend, that ought to last me at least a few days (LOL). Now I am going to set up the turret press up for some 223 with lead boolits, probably do about 500 of them over the next few days/weeks, taking my time and doing them right. This hobby is so much fun!

Boolit Master
    I cast about 50 Ranch Dog 170 gr RF 30 cal boolits for a friend, going to put on the gas checks and lube the things later. Also cast some more 120 gr tc Lee boolits for my 9mm......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Man
    Once again proved that for me,taking a shortcut purchasing spraybomb paint ain't worth SPIT!Laziness not going to the paint store and getting,almost as quick as this being typed,custom mixed industrial enamel .......

Oh,the BORG had a decent Lyman orange but realize,when you buy spraybombs,that it's 60%reducer.Besides that,it's sucky paint.We use catalizers that make enamels 'pert near bullet proof.....

But,twds OP,shot some colour on a cpl pcs bound for the loading rm.

Boolit Buddy

I cast, sized and lubed a bunch of 158 Grain Semi Wad Cutters ( excellent RCBS double cavity mold) for a pristine 1920's Colt officers model target with a big long barrel. This pistol shoots as good as the day it left the factory in Hartford Ct. Do any of you remember when we made really good stuff in this country? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Officers model targert.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	218557
    ...Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent...
    --ADAM SMITH

Boolit Master

I set up a a turret to load 30-30 rounds on a loadmaster , then loaded 60 cartridges just to make sure everything worked right . Noe .311-180 fn over 8 gr of unique . I think tomorrow after work I'll make some empty brass

About 1/2 way through cleaning my latest big batch of 9.3x74R brass ... very shiny ... (500 down and 500 still to go) ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Went back out and loaded 200 rounds of 9mm w/ bullseye and .357 boolits. In was going to lube and size some but it got a bit cold for my old self. Maybe tomorrow.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Boolit Master
    Cast a batch of 90 gr .355. Now to weigh & sort.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Mobile, Alabama, formally from Arizona Territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    About 1/2 way through cleaning my latest big batch of 9.3x74R brass ... very shiny ... (500 down and 500 still to go) ...

Gosh Rev, how long have you been hoarding all those 9.3's? Wish I had as many.

Boolit Mold
    Powder Coated 4 coffee cans of 45 ACP boolits. 2 of 220 RN and 2 of 200 SWC.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    LOVE IT!

I've been eyeing picking up an H&R in 12 just to be able to get some adapters for it.
    What kind of accuracy have you found with these adapters?
    Shot 50 of 'em Sunday afternoon. Right off the bat about 3" at 50 yds. with the 200 gr. boolits. Had a ball at the dueling tree. I know - a lot of room for improvement, but that's the fun of it.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

Boolit Bub

Trimmed brass for the 500JRH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One batch in the dehydrator drying tonight and one more batch of 150 to go into the tumbler tomorrow and they're finally done ... all 1,000 rounds!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Took inventory and tried to find stuff after it all was boxed up years ago...
    Member of...
    NMLRA
    NRA

Boolit Master
    Loaded up 25- 44mag with 240gr SWC & using some 10-12 year old 2400 I found, that I had stashed some time ago. Started with low end loads & working up a ladder to see how it goes & use it up. Only loaded 25 so far about an hour ago, and have about 75-80 more to go. I am trying to decide if I should just go shoot these first before I load more. If that powder has lost it's oomph a bit, I am just gonna fertilize the yard with the approx. 6 oz. or so that is left.

Decisions, decisions...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"A man ought ta do what he thinks is best" - "Hondo" Lane.(John Wayne)

"If ya don't like my gate, ya don't have to swing on the hinges..." - L. Ackerman ( RIP)

Enforce the Immigration laws & deport the illegal immigrants. Quit fooling around.

Boolit Master

One batch in the dehydrator drying tonight and one more batch of 150 to go into the tumbler tomorrow and they're finally done ... all 1,000 rounds!
    my goodness that is a ton o' 9.3x74r!!

I am working on using my last batch of cast boolits for 9mm (Lee 358-105 SWC), so I can start on the batch that I powder coated last night. Looking forward to more sessions with my reloader. I so enjoy this hobby.

Page 302 of 322 FirstFirst ... 202252292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312 ... LastLast