RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    Took it apart and ordered a new heating element. It should be up and running again by the weekend.

Bruce
    Put it back together Wednesday night. While it was apart, I cleaned up all the parts and then painted the parts with high-temp paint (not the inside of the pot) and got it all back together. I dropped about 8lbs of lead into the pot and powered it up and it ran like a champ. The old element had broke into two parts at the heating coil on the inside of the pot assembly. I almost want to think it might have been dropped at sometime in its past with all my military moves that lead to a crack in the element that eventually burnt through.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Decided to try cutting down 30-06 and forming as 8mm mauser. Cut down went ok but I had decided to use military head stamp brass so it would not be stamped 30-06 in order for it to be less likely to be mistaken for the wrong caliber. Blankity blank crimped military primers. Took out the 323 expander de-capping pin, then the Lee universal de-capper pin bent after a couple of cases. If I couldn't see a primer hole I would have sworn these were Berdan primed.

Not sure the effort is worth it but on the other hand it is nice to know it can be done if needed. Not so nice is knowing one needs to have a supply of replacement pins on hand.
    A 1/16" punch works great for military brass or one of those Lee Loader decapping punches from a 30-06 kit will work even better.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    A 1/16" punch works great for military brass or one of those Lee Loader decapping punches from a 30-06 kit will work even better.
    Thanks for the tip, I don't load 30-06 so no Lee loader for that but a 1/16 punch I do have and harbor freight has even more if I break it.

This may end up as a long term project, do a little '06 military brass as I find some, build up a pile of de-capped cases then go ahead and cut, form and trim a whole batch. Wouldn't hurt at all to make that de-capping process manual.

This was a detour from trimming and loading .357 mag but had already done a couple hundred and wanted a little break and I thought "hey why don't I try... will probably only take an hour and I'll know how then" Almost as silly as "here - hold my beer and watch this"
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Rodger a 1.5 mm punch should work too.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Buddy
    Inventoried moulds and moved them into some Mirro Covered Cake pans for storage, instead of the random plastic bags and boxes they were in. Is 43 molds too many?

Boolit Bub
    Made a priming arm for my hollywood senior, it's not precisely reloading but I consider my atlas lathe as an important part of my reloading room

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Seems like it might be a little over the top .......Says the guy with with 8 for 45 pistols .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Quote Originally Posted by rmark View Post
    Inventoried moulds and moved them into some Mirro Covered Cake pans for storage, instead of the random plastic bags and boxes they were in. Is 43 molds too many?
    I think for some around here they would probably say it depends on for what caliber. Me I say as long as you didn't buy two of the same mold because you forgot you already had one you're fine.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Between gunsmithing projects I'm polishing 25-06 brass to load 120gr Sierra hpbt over RL22 for some 1/4 mile shooting. Best, Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    I think for some around here they would probably say it depends on for what caliber. Me I say as long as you didn't buy two of the same mold because you forgot you already had one you're fine.
    ^^^THIS! and btw I have bought a few twice on "accident". 2 out of 3 were upgraded cav count so I'm "really" at one "forget"
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Scored a great deal on 75 pieces of .444 brass. Was inspired to go cast 50 rounds of the Lee 210 grain and loaded them up. Life is good. Love the look of that nice big long shiny brass with a nice cast boolit stuck in the end.

Loaded some home rolled ammo in my range bag and took my 5 yr old for his first shooting adventure! He got to try out dads ar15 and a 410 and 20 ga shotgun! I held on too, but watching him hit 4 for 4 with the 300 blackout was awesome! Then we scrounged for brass. Gonna clean em up later and probably reload them tomorrow...
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Buddy

Got half the cabinets hung in the casting room, despite an arm injury this week that has slowed me down , But in getting there , Reloading Room, Casting shack is a total wreck right now.... but it going to be worth it when im thru, also got my vent_a_hood installed and working.....pictures to come....who said reloading was cheaper LOLClick image for larger version. 

Name:	a1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	188375Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	188376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a3.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	188377
    Last edited by kmrra; 02-18-2017 at 08:58 PM.
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Well, with no 9mm brass to load I got antsy and tore down my grandfather's Buffalo Forge No.15 drill press. Down to the castings. Have a friend who will be doing the powder coating for me professionally. Going to sandblast it all over the next week or two and get those cast parts over to him to be done. Im thinking red with black accents, and all the embossing I'll go over in black.
    Going to give it all new bearings and I am considering a new motor, although the 1949 General electric motor works mint.

Not directly reloading related until I put that forster trimmer on it. One of the reasons that got me to finally get going on this project, hoping for a sum .005" run out. Here's to hoping!
    Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot

Boolit Buddy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0100.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	188367Not in the reloading room (might be at work shhhh) making some gas checks to be installed later tonight!!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Buddy
    I cast 250 147gr 9mm boolits. I loaded 150 .38 Special 160 grain LSWC over 4 grains of unique.
    Last edited by DanishM1Garand; 02-18-2017 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Clarity

Boolit Mold
    Finished dialing in my new .223 dies for the 550, loaded up 50 rounds to test.

Setup the Hornady LNL bushings in the RCBS RC Supreme, then setup my .45-70 dies and loaded 40 rounds.

Setup and used my World's Cheapest Trimmer for .223 and it works as advertised.

Setup the GS Customs Swager for Dillon 550, works as advertised, hardest thing to remember is that it does not need to bottom out in the primer pocket, the crimp is only on the outside edge.

Boolit Bub
    215 rounds of 124gr 9mm. Sorted some brass. Polished some brass in corn cob.

My housekeeper has been on vacation, so in between loads of laundry and dusting and sweeping etc, I filled the tumbler with 9mm's, made about a few rounds of 9mm worked on the computer.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    If the computer was broke it looks to be working now .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Page 185 of 601 FirstFirst ... 85135175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195235285 ... LastLast