Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I bought and was given 600 + pieces of 45 Colts , I finished the size ,measure ,bell prep on the last 200 pieces.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Perma-Banned

Loaded some 44special and 44mag...gonna unload them in the morning.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I've been repairing/painting some 100 Yr old wooden storm windows for this 100 Yr old House...
    BUT, today's agenda has changed due to the rainy misty weather.
    It'll be casting then lubesizing 500+ of these
    360-160-SWC

Like that mould! Have one just like it, hope to use it someday. How's it working for you?
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Walked into my loading room, seems some idiot left Unique powder in the topless Uniflow measure. Last time there was just a little and he poured it out. This time I'm going to make him load something with it, too much to toss.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Walked into my loading room, seems some idiot left Unique powder in the topless Uniflow measure. Last time there was just a little and he poured it out. This time I'm going to make him load something with it, too much to toss.
    That idiot visited my room recently and I had to pour out about 1/3 of the hopper...same powder, Unique.

Boolit Master
    Hi enloe.Yep been messing around with the shooting sports since I was 6 yrs old.70 now.Have run few up the spout.Welcome aboard.Great bunch of guys and gals around here.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Like that mould! Have one just like it, hope to use it someday. How's it working for you?
    I like it a lot. I got this mold "second hand" for a great price, due to it was troublesome to cast with (I think it's all the sharp edges of this design). I leemented it, that made all the difference in the world, now it cast like a dream. While I cast a few of these with a fairly soft alloy for 38spl(standard loads), I think this design really shines for casting with a bit harder alloy (BHN 15 or 16) and pushing them hard in 357 Mag(deep/large lube groove and thick base band).

This batch is going to a friend who normally uses the Lyman 358429, but he recently acquired a gun with a shorter cylinder and the Lyman is too long for him...He's hoping the NOE will be the ticket...I can't imagine why it won't be.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Ran some Lee 358-158SWC through the Lyman 450. Actually, I've been doing this a little almost everyday for the past week trying to get a big batch I cast up this spring done. IIRC, alloy was water dropped range scrap. I've shot a few from this batch already through my S&W 64-3 and there's no leading at +P velocities.

Having finally got my Loading Bench set up, tonight I loaded up a bunch of .38 Special, Black Powder, old but nice Semi Baloon Head Cases, using Old Eynsford, to the tune of 18.5 Grains and a little Lube Wafer, and Federal Small Pistol Primers and standard sofr 158 Grain RNL Bullets...this required about 1/8th of an inch or so compression.

I will clock these and see how they seem, then load up a bunch using the original loading of 21.5 Grains, which will have to have some decent compression.

I would have gone on to Load a bunch with 21.5 Grains tonight, but I found my old 'Ideal No. 1' Powder dispenser does not throw that much at a time, so, hmmmm...not sure what to do about that!

Guess I can just weigh the larger Charges one at a time for the time being.

I am wanting to see what my own versions of the original .38 Special Loadings will do, so...this is my first Toe in the Water reLoading wise, since I left off some years back.

Boolit Buddy
    washed and skimmed my walnut media and drying it as we speak. I like to add Lemi-Shine right into the walnut media as well, so I done that too.

De-primed ~400 .45acp brass to ready it for polishing.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε

Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Ran some Lee 358-158SWC through the Lyman 450. Actually, I've been doing this a little almost everyday for the past week trying to get a big batch I cast up this spring done. IIRC, alloy was water dropped range scrap. I've shot a few from this batch already through my S&W 64-3 and there's no leading at +P velocities.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	176900

Clean brass ... sort brass ... clean brass ... sort brass ... clean brass ... sort brass ... repeat as necessary! (Still no end in sight yet ...)

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Perma-Banned

Got a new NOE mold yesterday and I heated it up today...cast 1045 bullets.

Looks like tomorrow will involve some coating and sizing.

Boolit Master

Casted 300+ MiHec 314-640 solids and topped off both sizers with Felix lube. Tomorrow I'l size them and possibly cast some 314 sledgehammers.

Moderator Emeritus

Today's agenda, Start cleaning and sorting and getting ready for this weekends annual gunshow.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    loaded another 150 rnds of 38 special wadcutters over hp-38 this morning. Press seems to be behaving properly now that the desk is bolted to the studs. Found a few magnum cases mixed in that throw me off every now and then.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Finishing up 50 rounds of 300BO 230gr SS.
    Then Ive got a pile of brass to debur

Good thing Im home from work with some sort of unidentified respiratory virus, I can catch up with what needs getting done. Ill rest tomorrow at work.
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Bub
    Still sorting brass

My Annealeez automatic annealing machine finally arrived so I set it up and spent yesterday annealing about 5,000 rounds of .308 Winchester brass. (WW & FC) Just heading down to the shop right now and will start annealing several thousand rounds of .30-30 brass! Then over the next week or two it's on to .30-06 and .25-06 and 8x57 and .270 and .45-70 and .303 British and 7.62x54R and .32-40 and .38-55 and 7.62x39 and 6.5x55 and ... well, you get the idea!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Was having a great run casting Luger and Makarov hollow points with my MP molds. Wasn't suppose to rain till one o'clock. Occasionally a close would pass and drop a little.
    I know it's stupid but everything was going great, so I would throw my towel over the pot and wait it out. Eventually, it came down light but steady and I didn't want a visit from the tinsel fairy so I regretfully pack things up.
    Really need to do an indoor setup.

Page 146 of 603 FirstFirst ... 4696136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156196246 ... LastLast