MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

I dropped by the local government Crown Assets disposal store today and finally found the perfect chair that I've been watching for to use down here in my reloading shop. Nice and tall, has back support, a foot rest, and it's on caster wheels. Going to test it out now by decapping a bunch of brass ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Man
    I started processing the 400 or so R-P .44 mag cases that a friend of mine found in a bucket at our local scrap yard that he got for $4.00. It looks like they were loaded rounds that flooded (probably from the rain we had west of here a few months ago near Baton Rouge. The cases are really tarnished, green and funky. There were no bullets and the primers were still un-fired. Maybe they were just primed, un-fired cases... Anyway, a soak in lemon juice, hot water and vinegar overnight and then a spin for a few hours in the tumbler with new walnut media and they look almost Ok. Certainly fine for shooting. I am about 1/2 way through the cleanup. I punched out the old, un-fired primers on the half I have clean. Its a process, but I like doing it.

Boolit Man
    Between last night and today - loaded up about 150 .45 ACP, and cast another 250 so far. Switching to .357 now...

Boolit Buddy
    Cleaned and quartered a couple cottontails. No casting or reloading tonight due to the lingering stench of skinned mammal.

Boolit Grand Master

Fought w/ one six cavity mold for a few hours. I remembered why I stopped buying any larger than four cavities.

After the frustration I cast w/ a NOE 311-230 for the first time. Reminded instantly why I love their molds. Not sure how I scored the top of the mold. But it cast easily through forty pounds of alloy.

I dumped the media out of the tumbler, scrubbed the bowl clean, refilled it with new and poured in about 150, 9mm. Wow what a difference new media makes. Then I set up the Classic Turret up for 9mm and ready to go this morning.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Waiting on the kid and grands for the belated turkey day so I cast , sorted , sized and checked 100 Cramer #45s and what should be about 150 NOE 279-124 made it to the sizer but didn't sized and checked. The 6.8 is going to be sad . The 30s aren't really looking forward to more testing.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Buddy
    I cast 350+, Lee 312-155R2 boolits and have the first 150 powder coated and cooking in the oven. I had such good results with my mini 30 and the Lee this deer season I decided that the 400 rounds I have loaded wasn't enough so ordered 500 more brass and cast some more boolits. Really liking this round.

Boolit Master
    Cast 125 from the lee 358125 RF using the lee bottom pour 10# pot. Pored really good using two double cav molds.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master

Loaded some 44 Special.

Boolit Buddy

Been pretty slow around here the last two days so I casted up some 148gr wadcutters and loaded up about 400 38spl cases.
    mfraser264 was kind enough to sell me some 55gr .223 bullets so I loaded up 500 of those, and with all the empty primer boxes laying around, I decided to full them up with some homemade tannerite <sp?> for targets. They make just enough bang at 200 yards to let you know you hit them.
    "An armed society is a polite society" R.A. Heinlein 1907 - 1988

Boolit Grand Master

Cast another twenty pounds of the NOE 311-230

Attempted to use the six cavity mold again. It was a no go. As soon as PMs start working again I will have two molds for sale.

The new reloading shop chair that I bought works great ... I put together another 150 rounds of 9.3x74R to fire-form in my Ballard Pacific ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Sized trimmed expanded and primed 60 308 cases then sized and expanded 50 357 cases ,they needed cleaning used some white sprit I had cleaned the dirt grease /wax off instantly ,wondered why I didn't use it before instead of rubbing them clean with just a rag.

Boolit Grand Master

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Weighed bullets and made pie charts since everyone loves them :laugh:

I should have added the formulas to add up the weights and see exactly how much lead I used

Boolit Buddy
    Sorted a 5 gal bucket of old and large truck WW's I picked up last week. Happy, 100% lead.

Boolit Master

Loaded a bunch of 12 gauge (Texan MIV) , 9mm (Dillon 1050), 38 special (Star with Hulme feeder)
    What fun
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Weighed bullets and made pie charts since everyone loves them :laugh:
    Those weren't pie charts...

This is what a pie chart looks like:

They're like ... well ... err ... *round*, ya' know...

You created *bar* charts...

Boolit Grand Master

Bar graph, pie chart.....whatever. I know the difference but didn't think it was a big deal.

Boolit Master

he he he
    Y'all boys need to go huntin"
    Sure could use some SNOW
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95