WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Bub
    I was just looking at that mold for my 450BM

Boolit Master
    Got a good deal on a AGM thermal scope on black Friday. Started playing around with it and well so far I hate it. I got to see mice running all over the ground. If you go past the basic zoom its to blurry. So I will do more research on it today and see if I can clear things up if not I guess its going back and I will return to night blindness.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Loaded up 50 rds of 45 Acp, with Dupont 5066 and 200 gr SWC
    Also loaded 12 gauge black powder buckshot in Rio hulls.I love being able to see what's in the hull with the clear hull.

Boolit Buddy
    Took out my PA-63 9mm makarov last week and shot up remainder of old reloads. I forgot how much I enjoy that little pistol. So, today I reloaded 100 rounds with 95 grain LRN with AA-5. Now just have to apply crimp and will be ready to take it out again.

Can't get there from here..... Total left hip replacement yesterday morning. Looking forward to getting through these first few weeks of recovery so I can get back down those 14 stairs!!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    Can't get there from here..... Total left hip replacement yesterday morning. Looking forward to getting through these first few weeks of recovery so I can get back down those 14 stairs!!
    I feel for you. Hoping for your speedy recovery. You gots boolits to make.

Boolit Master
    I bought my Dad his first reloading set after his first hip 20 some years ago. (Reloading skipped a generation on my father's side). He sat there with his rock crusher and made boxes and boxes of ammunition while he was recovering. He spent 7 days recovering on his left one (horse rolled over him when he and I were gathering heavies when I was in highschool), 3 days on the second one 18 years later. I hope you have a swift recovery!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    I get it. Fell and broke my leg 2-22 and got 18” of titanium 1/2” round driven down into my right femur for my trouble. Use to stand at the top of the stairs looking. Helped me to stick with the P T.

Appreciate the well-wishes guys. Day 1 post-op and getting around OK. Learning how to sit, stand, walk, etc. in ways that minimize the pain. Getting easier by the hour.....and have my pain meds down to about 1/2 of what prescribed. Hoping for a good night's rest and an even better day tomorrow. If all goes as planned....I'll be forming 35WCF brass by next weekend!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    Appreciate the well-wishes guys. Day 1 post-op and getting around OK. Learning how to sit, stand, walk, etc. in ways that minimize the pain. Getting easier by the hour.....and have my pain meds down to about 1/2 of what prescribed. Hoping for a good night's rest and an even better day tomorrow. If all goes as planned....I'll be forming 35WCF brass by next weekend!
    Atta kid!!!!
    If you're hurtin on the 35WCF side of things, let me know. I might know a guy that knows a guy that has a few thousand pieces of brass to help with your healing!

Boolit Grand Master
    LEE 125 RF 38 Special.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Started over the Weekend have 6000 9 mm brass, polished up and ready to decap prime load and shoot. Wish it were as easy as it sounds. Use to decap all than tumble the pockets clean before loading. But 6000. Going to run them in one go around. Ordered 2000 berry plated 115 gr and going to cast and cast and cast. Have a MP 356-358 rn bb with eight pockets that does eight at a time. Perty sure I’ll be using AA 7. It sure meters nice. Using a Hornaday AP Progressive press. Took me about two months to crank out 2000+ 10mm so won’t be done by Christmas. Oh well I suppose it’s the journey. Not the destination or something like that.

Boolit Master
    Packed away some more primers. Got to spend more time with the misses on the holiday months. (because she bakes and I like it)

Boolit Master
    Last post was yesterday Today I got to play with a higher end thermal scope. It was a blast shooting at microwaved potatoes. Helped the neighbor get his new Tikka with thermal on target.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1701831854384_IMG_20231205_210147.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	320670

I cast a pot full of the LEE 452-228-1R for 45 ACP. My load with this bullet feeds 100% reliable in my two pistols and is a lot of fun to shoot so I'm loading up several thousand of them while the weather is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    Atta kid!!!!
    If you're hurtin on the 35WCF side of things, let me know. I might know a guy that knows a guy that has a few thousand pieces of brass to help with your healing!

cwtebay.....tried to send you a PM, but it's not showing up in my sent messages. ?? Not sure if it made it through or not?

Boolit Master
    cwtebay.....tried to send you a PM, but it's not showing up in my sent messages. ?? Not sure if it made it through or not?
    No, my mailbox is jacked up. Give me your email address and I'll get back to you.

Loaded up 9mm tests rounds in 4 steps for three different powders AA 2-5-7. 60 rounds to test. By around 3 pm. It’s to dark for the chrono and it takes real planning to get to the range while it’s warm enough for it to operate. Tomorrow’s high is forecast for 21’ hoping to get er done. Not really light enough till 11 or 12. Got to love it. Good thing the range is 5 minutes away.

Boolit Master
    Loaded up 190 45 ACP. Processing a bunch of 45 Colt for loading. Got them sized and expanded. Going to have to do some more casting to get bullets to fill them. Probably put that off until I get the rest of my 45 ACP loaded which is about 750 pieces.

Boolit Mold
    I did absolutely nothing, because need to clean and order the mess I have in my reloading room.
    "Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ, and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other died for your freedom."

-Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

Page 590 of 605 FirstFirst ... 90490540580581582583584585586587588589590591592593594595596597598599600 ... LastLast