MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

Nothing yet but I'll start back sorting and tumbling brass again after while. I had to shut it down for the Holidays but the company is all gone now and the Wife has most of her decorations taken down and stored away. Biggin came by the other day and we unloaded a load of pole top pins and a bucket of weights for a future smelt. I'll probably sort the bucket of weights for him.

Boolit Master
    Swaged 25 .40 j words from trimmed 9x19. Found I had to pull them out of the die relube then run them back up to get that last bit of the nose formed. Then weighs and matched cores and brass for a bunch more. I use side cutters to cut small amounts of lead off my .185" core material to bring the finished product up to 190 gr + 2 gr.
    Last edited by jdfoxinc; 01-03-2019 at 12:09 AM. Reason: #/=/^%&<auto auto correct
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Banned

Between yesterday and today I loaded 150 Lee 358-125-RF for my wife's 38 Special, and 100 Lee 358-158-SWC for my 357 magnum. I had to replace some of her rounds that I had tumble lubed years ago. We fired some of the same lot a couple weeks ago and her barrel leaded pretty good. They were some that I loaded back when I first started reloading. So next I'm going to pull them down and relube them and take them to the range. Never had it happen before, but I never let any others sit around this long before. But now the bullet lube will be back up to powder coating.

Boolit Grand Master

Pretty much ran the tumbler all day yesterday and plan more of the same today. Making a dent in getting my brass stash organized but still have a ways to go. Before I retired I was hopelessly behind and its taking a while to get caught up.

Bedded a rifle that should be shooting better than it is. Stuff takes forever to cure when it's cold out... I ended up adding a couple hot water bottles side-by-side and a blanket to incubate the epoxy. I even managed not to make a huge sticky mess all over everything.

Boolit Bub
    I had ~20 lbs of lead that I was going to use as a counter weight and the project went another direction so I melted in back into usable ingots.

I was trying to set up my seating doe for the first batch of 45-70 I’ve cast and loaded and did this to my dummy round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Cast these 38-158 RNFP Snake bite

In english: Mrs, the casting season opens

Boolit Grand Master

Still working on my brass stash. Resized a coffee can of 45 Colt brass this morning and loaded up the tumbler. Start sorting a bucket of weights while the tumbler is running. Just another lazy Saturday!

Boolit Master
    I have been cleaning and sizing some 30-06 brass (range pickups I bought) for a M1 Garand

very dirty mixed brass and I am OCD.

Found app 20 possibel case head separation cases

after doing 3-4 large ziplock bags, I reached under the desk and pulled out a ice cream container of 300 blackout that needed a final trim

after doing 30-06 the 300 bk looks tiny ... and it took forever to do a final trim on them

I killed my old cordless drill (car battery powered) for the trimmer

Boolit Master
    BTW the cordless drill was a sears Craftsman........ not going to be able to get a replacement

Boolit Master

Will changing out the brushes restore the drill??
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy

Reorganized my benches and loaded up all my 357 empty brass with MP 165s I casted and all my .45 Colt empties with some nice fat WFNs!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford SD View Post
    BTW the cordless drill was a sears Craftsman........ not going to be able to get a replacement
    I was at a used tool store a couple years ago and they had bins of most every brand of cordless drills, cheap.

I tore down a Makita 9.6v as I knew it was brushes to find there is no way to replace them. I also found no metal bearings outside the motor, all the shafts ran directly in the plastic body. A pair of those 9.6 Makitas lasted 22 years, so I trust their judgement on plastic and bought the 18v set. LOL

I got 450 #503s culled and sized today. These are from the Arsenal 5 cavity mold. Very consistent through the sizer, I like the mold.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Built and installed a 12” wide by 12’ long shelf above the reloading bench!!! One New Years resolution down!!! Just got started loading it up with stuff in the way, shoulda done this two years ago!!!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

organized.
    Scored some akro bins on sale at grainger for 83 cents a pop. Time to organize more!

Boolit Master

Added an extension on my bench for another press. I ordered a 0 shaped one for rifle.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    organized.
    Scored some akro bins on sale at grainger for 83 cents a pop. Time to organize more!
    I bought some like that , but they were red, some years ago. I believe it was either Walmart or someplace in Dothan. I don't believe that they were that cheap though. I even got little labels in the front telling me what is supposed to be in them. Since I moved up here and got a shed to handload in the bench is somewhat a mess, and even with my stool I can't stay as long as I'd like.

Cancer sucks.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    I bought some like that , but they were red, some years ago. I believe it was either Walmart or someplace in Dothan. I don't believe that they were that cheap though. I even got little labels in the front telling me what is supposed to be in them. Since I moved up here and got a shed to handload in the bench is somewhat a mess, and even with my stool I can't stay as long as I'd like.

Cancer sucks.
    Sorry to hear that Tom. I hope you feel better and can get some more time at the bench my friend.

Page 349 of 603 FirstFirst ... 249299339340341342343344345346347348349350351352353354355356357358359399449 ... LastLast