Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Yesterday I sat down with my now 27 year old son and gave him a tutorial on a Ruger single action revolver. How to operate, strip it and clean it. We threw a cooking spray can out back and he hit it 4 out of 6 times. Then I passed it on to him with an old flap leather holster and he grinned from ear to ear. I explained that everyone should have a handgun that is fun and cheap to shoot and useful for small game( he only has two SD autos).
    Oh yeah, it is a 5-1/2” Single Six New Model .22 from the early 80s. It was a good time.

Saturday was 50 43 Spanish, Sunday was 100 6.5x55 jacketed.(plus unload some skeet loads) Today was/is(still got more to do!) 50 6.5x55 cast, 20 30-06 jacketed with another 50 to do.

Had to take a break and install the new dishwasher, go to the farm and feed the cat and dig up a big chunk of rhubarb so I can transplant it tomorrow. Ran out of sunlight today to get it in the ground.

Break time's over, time to go load some more.

Boolit Master
    Today I deprimed, sized, flared 161 44 mag brass I picked up at the local pit. Cranking the rockchucker: ka chunk. I am amazed how ragged the flash holes were! Made little brass bits everywhere. I can't find my citric acid, off to walmort. Idea is load them in a little Dawn 1/4 cup of citric acid pint of water in a big grapefruit jar, take them for a ride in the Tacoma to shake them. Rinse well, dry in the sun. On these roads the Toy rides like a paint shaker. Worked well last three tries.

Boolit Master
    Tried to melt sheet lead purchased at local scrap yard, found out had no propane in the 150 gallon tank. Found smaller tank full, installed regulator to it and melted about 32# into 1-2# ingots. Added that to my stash. Have about 3 cubic feet now. About an even ton.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    Saturday was 50 43 Spanish, Sunday was 100 6.5x55 jacketed.(plus unload some skeet loads) Today was/is(still got more to do!) 50 6.5x55 cast, 20 30-06 jacketed with another 50 to do.

Had to take a break and install the new dishwasher, go to the farm and feed the cat and dig up a big chunk of rhubarb so I can transplant it tomorrow. Ran out of sunlight today to get it in the ground.

Break time's over, time to go load some more.
    Gosh 15meter, your ground not yet solid or are you transplanting with a backhoe? I couldn't get anything done today except go an get another 10 bags of pellets. ��

Boolit Grand Master

I went out to the loading room this morning just to tinker around some. I was moving some stuff around some and came across a couple of 50 caliber cans that I thought was empty that were not empty. One was full of 38 special brass and one was full of 30-06 brass! So I just thought I was through sorting, depriming and tumbling brass!

Revisited a couple of 10/22’s for a trigger lightening. Fixed them for a better trigger pull. Love these plinkers for pure fun.

Loaded up the last of my 40 cal boolits and then gas checked 184 45 cal boolits.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded up 5 sets of 10 test rounds in the .223 brass I've been trimming while incapacitated. Finally able to get to loading room. Running some tests on some 62 gr and 55 gr j-words (izzat what they are referred to here) to see if they will function in son's 8.5" SBR. Using Reloader 15, got a lot of it, also got a lot of old AA 2200 Data powder, but I thought that might be too fast for that short barrel. It all works in my longer barrels. If things go smooth this weekend, it's knuckles down when it gets cold again. I got a lot of brass that needs fillin'.

Boolit Master
    While tumbling 200 rounds of 223, I decapped 500 rounds of 9mm and primed 100 rounds of 30-30. Gonna do some loading tomorrow after having the basement floor tore up for plumbing needs, then new cement poured. Had to wait a few days for it to set.

Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Gosh 15meter, your ground not yet solid or are you transplanting with a backhoe? I couldn't get anything done today except go an get another 10 bags of pellets. ��

We're along way from hard water sailing around here, just hope the rhubarb transplants take. It's an old variety that is quite productive. It needed to be moved NOW. Just accepted an offer on the 30 acre parcel it was on. Trying to get my mother's estate settled.

2020 hasn't been a fun year.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    I went out to the loading room this morning just to tinker around some. I was moving some stuff around some and came across a couple of 50 caliber cans that I thought was empty that were not empty. One was full of 38 special brass and one was full of 30-06 brass! So I just thought I was through sorting, depriming and tumbling brass!
    The Force is strong with you. You will never run out.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    We're along way from hard water sailing around here, just hope the rhubarb transplants take. It's an old variety that is quite productive. It needed to be moved NOW. Just accepted an offer on the 30 acre parcel it was on. Trying to get my mother's estate settled.

2020 hasn't been a fun year.
    Yes, we brought the rhubarb from my grandmother's farm to our garden years ago. It did real well too.

I screwed together a form for a concrete shooting bench top, welded up some rebar, mixed some concrete and poured it. It's about 20 hours in. Pretty stiff, but the temperatures in the garage are pretty cool, so it'll be a while before it's set.

While I'm waiting, I sized, annealed, trimmed, chamfered and primed 100 .223 Rem cases. I'm also warming up some 45/45/10 to lube some bullets I cast last week.

Cool and wet here; perfect casting weather so I cast some Lee TL410-210SWC and C309170F and PC’d them.

Boolit Master

I'm too old to do a lot at any one time,so---over the past week I've separated 1200 .45 ACP cases. Why? you say? Well, they were purchased from a shooting range as floor sweepings and were mixed with those @#$^&$@!*()(*&^% SMALL primers. Thank you Speer and Federal. Got 9&3/4 lbs. of Small P.P. vs.7&1/2 lbs of Large PP.
    I can't do anything about Speer and Federal's decisions but I do NOT have to play their game or support their stupid decisions. Those SPP cases will NOT be resold at ANY price, nor taken to a metal recycler. They will be destroyed as cases and recycled as brass JUNK. - - I will not chance seeing them again.
    Ask me if I'm P, O'd.
    Pepe Ray
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Ray View Post
    Those SPP cases will NOT be resold at ANY price, nor taken to a metal recycler. They will be destroyed as cases and recycled as brass JUNK. - - I will not chance seeing them again.
    Ask me if I'm P, O'd.
    Pepe Ray
    I run mine through the HT oven to anneal, and make them into .458 jackets for swaging.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Yes, we brought the rhubarb from my grandmother's farm to our garden years ago. It did real well too.
    This was the last that survived an onslaught by an older sister. 8 years ago after my father died(won't admit being related to the 3 sisters, their noses are so high in the air they are in danger of drowning in a drizzle), she mixed up a batch of Roundup and killed all the rhubarb she knew about. "mom doesn't need any of this!"

Well, mom lived until July of this year and had fresh rhubarb from the patch that the sister didn't know about.

Now that the farm is being sold it's past time to transplant it. I've tried several newer varieties, none can compare.

Still don't have a clue why the sister killed the rhubarb, she lives 200 miles away, me, I live 6 miles away and have maintained the homestead ever since, she's done almost nothing.

People are crazy.

Just as long as the rhubarb takes, everything will be just fine.

May even have to dig out dad's rhubarb champagne recipe. He had it down to art, taking rhubarb and turning into a very nice dry to semi-dry sparkling wine. Dry for him, sweeter for mom.

Talk about thread drift, I think I turned it into a train wreck
    Last edited by 15meter; 10-29-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Boolit Master
    Sized/decapped another thousand 9mm cases, expanded the 100 30-30 that I primed last night, and loaded 200 223. Then got called into work. Ill load the 30-30 tmro morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Ray View Post
    Ask me if I'm P, O'd.
    So, are you P, O'd?

Not sure why you're upset about range brass fitting the usual "range brass" level of quality. If it's going to raise your blood pressure that high, you might consider just purchasing new factory LPP brass. IMO it's not worth risking your health over it.

Page 467 of 604 FirstFirst ... 367417457458459460461462463464465466467468469470471472473474475476477517567 ... LastLast