RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Banned

Casted a total of about 500 357, 9mm and 380 Auto Monday. Powder coated the 357's last night, and cast another 300 total for my 7.62X54R and my 30-30 today. Now I'm powder coating some more and going to size them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtire View Post
    If you can see your way clear, Lee sells a nice set. They are a paid advertising site at the top of this page. I have a set of the same set they sell in .257 AI that do a fine job. One of the .30-30 AI guns I had came with a set of AI 40° shoulder dies by RCBS and they did just fine also. If you'd send me your cases and return postage, I'd be happy to deprime, full length size and polish them in walnut shell media. I'd be mindful of the use of some of the loads listed in the P.O. Ackley data. The data I have might have been misprinted. They remind me of something you would see for a Paul Bunyan version of the Ackley round.
    I appreciate the offer.
    I only have 19 empties right now. I gotta wait and get my meds before I get any dies. I have plenty of 30/30 rounds loaded up waiting to be fire formed. I suppose patience will have to be a necessity first.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Thank you all for the posts and pm's. All unloaded / reloaded and fired again! Learned some great tricks for future mishaps!!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Finished sizing what I had left of 300 BO 150gr boolits and set up for a bucket of 9mm/38 that needs sizing.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

I wondered why I have so much stuff I rarely use? (no offers please; zombie apoc coming, I ll need it all. at least that's what I tell myself)

Cwty, that's what i do with any and all .38, .357, 9mm and anything that fits my Blackhawk Convertible.

I've been going through a 1 gallon (metal) coffee can of 9mm's. So far there are a few berdan primed cases and a lot of crimped primed cases, so I have my single stage press set up right next to my Lee Classic Cast Turret. If I find a crimped primer, I pop it out and then with the RCBS Primer pocket crimp remover, it gets done right then and there and back in the Turret and on with the reloading. It is a little bit slow, but I am NOT in a hurry, Quality over Quanity.

Cast another 2,000 Lee .401-175 TC and am currently in the process of Hi-Tek coating them.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master

Annealed, full-length resized, length trimmed, neck turned, and primed 40 pieces of new (to me) 7.62x54R NNY brass.

Still in search of that perfect load for the 1930 Hex Izzy. I've got a promising 4198 load I need to investigate. 4 sets of ten will get me on the road.

Boolit Master

cast up some 225gr boolits for my 1911 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180914_120844_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	227166
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Converted about 1,000 .22rf cases into bullet jackets & then annealed them. Next will be the wet tumbling process.
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Buddy
    Went out last night and loaded some of the 357s from the recently acquired molds with the intention of going to the range today. Since it was rather breezy and intermittent rain today I decided to fire up the lead cooker again. Made some more 45, 30 cal and 357.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	091418.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	227173

Yesterday my four year-old granddaughter, Lily, asked if we could make bullets. We went in the basement to my reloading room, and I set her up to resize 38 spl cases on my RCBS "o" press. At first she had trouble trouble putting enough muscle into it, but finally started pulling the handle all the way down, and sizing them all by herself. we went through about fifty or so cases. Next time we'll go through the rest of the steps; flaring, priming, etc.

So why does it matter? I am teaching this child how to process something in steps to get to a desired result (which is a life skill) but also that there is someone who wants to spend time with her, and show that she can be responsible and capable. This little girl will learn, as I did, that firearms can be a great learning tool, and that it is possible to know how to handle dangerous things responsibly.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    Yesterday my four year-old granddaughter, Lily, asked if we could make bullets. We went in the basement to my reloading room, and I set her up to resize 38 spl cases on my RCBS "o" press...
    Awesome. Lily is getting a bunch of fantastic guiding memories of you to treasure forever. My 5yo grandson is loading up on nostalgia with me also. Though from the sounds of it he is considerably less focused than Lily about pulling the handle for more than 15 rounds or so lol. But he definitely likes to help Papa work on "Pew-Pews".
    Last week I had my little guy "help" me drift in a Marble's .500 Gold Bead site on my recently acquired Ranch Hand (bought from a member here as "factory fresh" and having only a "nearly invisible" 1/2" stock ding but inexplicably showed up with heavily scratched up wood and a horribly gouged receiver) hoping to bring POI down to a reasonable elevation. Then we played LEGOs. Much later I loaded up some Lee 150 gr RCBS SWCs with 3.8gr of 700X to try out in my new beater gun.

Boolit Master
    Loaded some 22 Rem. NOE 225-61-FN, Gator checked, Smoke's clear PC, weighs in at 61 gr fully dressed. Rem 6 1/2 primers. Sized to .225, loaded over 10.0/H108. Shot from a picnic table at 50 yards (a little shaky) 5 shot group was quarter size.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Master
    Finally got unique powder to load my 155 gr swcbb .401 bullets over 5.8 gr.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Mold
    Reloaded some 308's like 500 using varget powder 150 grain bullet.

Tested loads in .30 carbine, 30-30, & 38-55. Offhand at 50yds on clay birds. Then flying clays with shotguns. Fun day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by McFred View Post
    Got a M7 stuck together for LR steel and varminting. Stock barrel channel needs opening and there's a cut/crown to do but the hard part's over.

https://s33.postimg.cc/40kna0rgf/plumbing.jpg
    I lied. Anymore I find inletting a stock more difficult than chambering a barrel, but I got it done today. Just need to trim some action screws and bed it!

Boolit Mold
    Had an unfortunate opportunity to try out some barnes varmint grenades on my neighbor's dying horse. Needless to say they preformed flawlessly. Tiny entrance,no exit. DRT

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Page 332 of 603 FirstFirst ... 232282322323324325326327328329330331332333334335336337338339340341342382432 ... LastLast