Lee PrecisionPBcastcoLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master

sorting brass: 32 L & Mag, 44 Mag, 45 Colt and I think there is one or two 45 ACP cases in the mix
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Thanks Sound guy Loaded 100 357 today.

Boolit Master
    Loaded up 100 rounds of the aforementioned .357 TC Lee boolits to see how they will work in my CZ. They " plunk tested" ok.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by eric123 View Post
    Sized 540 30-06 cases...
    My arm is exhaused just reading that...
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Master
    Melted the alloy out of my Lee bottom pour pot. Now to drill out the plugged spout
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Cast some 440gr pills for my super redhawk. Only free time is late after the kid goes to sleep but the fun is worth it
    A nice cigar makes a bad day good and a good day great.

Boolit Buddy
    Realized the reason I had some boolits jam in the rifling of my AR15, and consequently spill powder all over the bolt and chamber when I tried to eject them, was because they were seated .003" too long. So I went through about 75 300 Blackout rounds and pushed them in just a liiiiiiiitle bit more.

Boolit Master

tried to make sense of my cast bullets and finally gave up in frustration

too many calibers, not enough room
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Took the dried mixed batch of rifle brass out of the dehydrater and annealed them all. Emptied the batch of .45 ACP out of the tumbler and put them into the dehydrater. Put another big batch of .45 ACP in the ss pin wet tumbler. Called it quits, came upstairs, and now I'm working on dinner ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    Melted the alloy out of my Lee bottom pour pot. Now to drill out the plugged spout
    Not familiar with how the Lee spout is configured, when I have a spout freeze on my RCBS, I light a propane torch and hit the spout with just a second or two of heat. Usually frees it up. If it doesn't I just give another second or two at a time until it starts flowing again. I've never even got a scorch mark on the pot.

Loaded 100 240 grn 44 mag trailboss boolits for the shooting comp this Saturday.

Boolit Master

Got a (new) die set in the mail today, .44MAG. Bought it from a member here. He listed it as 44MAG/steel. Came in the factory plastic box with only the SWC seating stem. All the description there was.

Boy ya gotta ask detailed questions. The die set was made in 1973, very clean. It is 44MAG ONLY. Size die, Expander die with decapping rod/pin built into the Expander. Seat/Crimp die for .44MAG CRIMP ONLY. Seater stem style no longer made.

After 5 minutes at the reloading bench I came inside and ordered a new RCBS Seat/Crimp die for .44spl/.44mag. Tried to save a few bucks. Now I have a useless die set & I'm out $28bucks

AND IT'S ALL MY OWN FAULT.

Well I can't sleep, so I guess I'll get out to the garage and size a bunch of N.O.E. TL432-243-RF, be ready to load when that NEW RCBS SEAT/CRIMP DIE gets here.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    Naw I let the level get too low and plugged the spout up good with slang. Once I got the valve rod and it's operating rod removed I was able to drill out the slag out with my Dremel. Works good now. Started a long run of 90 gr .355 with a new lyman mold.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by wolf3006 View Post
    Attachment 217762 Made a few tool post.
    Those look nice! What material are they made from?

Boolit Grand Master

Finally finished trimming 6 gals of Mil 556. Both hands and wrist ache, and reg arthritis med do nothing. Next is chamfer and deburring the last half of them. Thank goodness it's a one time deal and will probably last the rest of my life. I'm using an RCBS X die that supposidly doesnt allow them to need trimming again for the life of the case.
    Anyone else have experience with the X dies?
    Information not shared. is wasted.

I wet tumbled 1000 .380 ACP brass and expanded 100 or so 9mm casings. All while painting our mobile home for a few hours and going to the supermarket. And I am 69. And sober. Life is good.

Sent from my iPad from Yuma AZ using Tapatalk

Working on putting together a round ball for 20 gauge with the help of Ajay (superblazingsabots) My 58 cal. round balls are a touch big at .575 so sorting through options and taking measurements.

Have a project next to the bench too. I am repairing a small bookshelf that was used when I was a kid to keep all the board and card games on. Brother, sister and myself would always argue about who had to take the game back to the basement and put it on this shelf. Still have it over 1/2 century later but the bottom framing was coming apart and the plywood was delaminating. So clamp and glue project then work at bench.

Finished with deprime and wet tumble of about 2000 .308 cases. Some going for sale and some going on that shelf after it gets repaired. Shelf will once again have "game pieces" stored on it. Along with a couple of "rule" books for shot shell or cast reloading Lead would be too heavy but I think it can handle some brass and my Lee sizers.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Loaded 200 rds 22TCM. I dunno why I get a kick out of loading that caliber.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Master
    Because defeating the difficulties of handling that tinny bullet makes us feel like kings. I have to use tweezers my fat fingers get in the way.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Sized 100 - TL 230- SWC boolits re-lubed over night & started loading them up. Taking a break now...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Page 300 of 601 FirstFirst ... 200250290291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310350400 ... LastLast