Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Good ole wood fired smelter.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Buddy
    'Good ole wood fired smelter.'

Read that first as 'fired up the still'.

Boolit Buddy
    Yesterday I smelted another 7 gallons of clip on wheel weights into 5 gallons of ingots. One more 5 gallon bucket to go.

Boolit Master

Put a new turret on the RCBS turret press and setup for 38 special, then loaded 50 rounds.

Out sick with a fever again. Got a little cleaning done when i was feeling good.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Emptied out my ss pin tumbler and put that batch of clean brass into the dehydrator to dry. Re-filled the tumbler with a new batch of dirty brass. Sorted out some brass and bullets and made a bit of room on the work benches. Pulled down some junk ammo to salvage the bullets and brass. Dug out a few items to put on my sale and trade table that I'll have at our local gun show next weekend. Turned on the ss pin tumbler again when I headed out the shop door after about 5 hours of puttering around in there ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Quote Originally Posted by rmark View Post
    'Good ole wood fired smelter.'

Read that first as 'fired up the still'.
    That would be just as productive!
    If I had a still.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Master
    Tried out a 257 Hollywood swaging die in a senior press tonight that I've had for a good while. I don't think it's my cup of tea.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Buddy

Smelted 100 # of rande lead, and a friend gave me a 23 # pig of Linotype so I made ingots out of it too, Tested it with the Lee Lead hardness tester and I was indeed Linotype , came in at 20 bhn. so now my total lead stash is up to 457 lbs, everyone always says you can never have enough lead
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    everyone always says you can never have enough lead
    But you can come close...

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I ran and launched 50 45-70 from hot Colts level up to real 45-70-405s . It didn't do anything for the source of the stress but it did make it go away for a few hours .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Loaded 50 357 mag with Lee 158gr wnfp boolits 7.5 gr true blue .used my new Lee ppm ,must say I like it ,still got my Lyman 55 measure but after using a friends when helping him set up I was impressed with the little Lee ppm .

Boolit Grand Master

100rds 140gr swc for a 38sp over 3.0gr etr7. Finally trying that rip off powder out.

When i get home im loading up some 158gr Berrys over IMR Target to start testing again. New scale and chrono work great
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Filled two propane tanks and started smelting range scrap into ingots. 2 buckets down, 4 more waiting their turn! Then I can start on the wheelweights..........
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master

Short and sweet....made 65# of #9 shot.

Boolit Master
    The little brown truck showed up today with my lee 9x18 case trimer. I converted almost a hundred 9 MM Luger cases to 9x18 Makarov.

I loaded 5 rounds with 2.6 GR of IMR 700X topped with 93 GR cast boolit. They functioned well grouped good but the outside of the cases had powder burns on the outside of the cases.

Bumped up the charge to near max 3.4 gr and made 20 rounds still had the powder burns on the hulls

What I'm thinking now is I need to resize a second time after I trim?

I'm shooting a CZ 82,nice little pistol, good weight, compact, as acurat as I am, which isn't saying a lot, verry dependable. The only down side it slings the cases. I managed to find 8 of the 20 rounds I fired

felt good to get back to the bench. It's been about a year sense I made any ammo
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Quote Originally Posted by rl69 View Post
    The little brown truck showed up today with my lee 9x18 case trimer. I converted almost a hundred 9 MM Luger cases to 9x18 Makarov.

I loaded 5 rounds with 2.6 GR of IMR 700X topped with 93 GR cast boolit. They functioned well grouped good but the outside of the cases had powder burns on the outside of the cases.

Bumped up the charge to near max 3.4 gr and made 20 rounds still had the powder burns on the hulls

What I'm thinking now is I need to resize a second time after I trim?

I'm shooting a CZ 82,nice little pistol, good weight, compact, as acurat as I am, which isn't saying a lot, verry dependable. The only down side it slings the cases. I managed to find 8 of the 20 rounds I fired

felt good to get back to the bench. It's been about a year sense I made any ammo
    Curious about the powder burns on the case. What does it indicate? All of my 9x19 have it

Boolit Master
    I don't know yet? I'm new to this caliber. I'm thinking that the 9 mm Luger isint sizing out enough? The next step is to see if the extra sizing step helps. If not see if the fire forming stops it?
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    I don't have any isues with my 9x18 Makarov cases, only the converted Luger cases.

are your isues with Luger or Makarov cases

<(*)(()><

Luger cases in a CZ75

Page 193 of 604 FirstFirst ... 93143183184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203243293 ... LastLast