Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I had my shoulder rebuilt yesterday so I'M banished to the couch. No loading or shooting for weeks dang it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Get better soon! Hope you'll progress to doing a bit of PT in your loading room before boredom sets in.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Took the dry brass out of the dehydrator, emptied the new batch of clean brass out of the ss pin tumbler and put them into the dehydrator, and then put a big batch of .45 ACP in the tumbler. No end in sight of dirty brass yet.

Going to start sorting out a big batch of reloading and shooting equipment for a friend who's selling his house and moving out of town shortly. He asked me to sell it all off for him so I went and picked it up on Tuesday. Looks like it'll keep me busy for a little while ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Buddy
    I got a new MP mold from a friend to cast boolits for my Huben 22 semi auto air rifle, it casts around 35 grain pure lead boolit, looking for something to get a little more accuracy.

Boolit Buddy
    New wire racks for the ammo stash closet, replaced the Wally World plastic shelves that have been slowly collapsing under the weight. Putting the old shelves in the garage to organize my reloading equipment and other odds and ends.

Primed 108x once fired mixed year HXP .30-06 cases. Looks like I sacrificed 2 to the brass gods at the last 2 JCG matches, there should have been 110x.

After cleaning a couple of ARs I figured I may as well run Patch Out through most of my milsurps. They have all been cleaned with Ed's Red and looked clean already. Patch Out pulled a lot of copper and carbon out of most of those 'clean' barrels. Used up most of the 8 oz bottle the last few days, now I'm down to alternating Ed's Red and homemade copper cleaner (50-50 industrial cleaning ammonia and distilled water with Dawn dishwashing detergent added). Between the two I'm still getting carbon and copper out, it just takes 2x as many patches.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	203572Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	203573

Tried out my new Lee collet crimp on the 44 devistators.

do a bit more testing last night. Spun up another 100 12 shells today. Then finished what was left in the tray of the 650 (300 rounds of 9mm) before converting it over to .223 to do my last set of load tests for the 225-61 Elvis mold for the AR. CFE223 was looking good but H4895 is really looking nice too!

Kraken Fan #69

I resized some 500 gr Lee GC bullets from .457 to .452 and loaded them into 460 Magnum brass under 27 gr H110.

Wow are they ever a lot of fun!

Chrony'd at almost 1200 fps out of my 5" S&W 460V

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MuthaFunk View Post
    I resized some 500 gr Lee GC bullets from .457 to .452 and loaded them into 460 Magnum brass under 27 gr H110.

Wow are they ever a lot of fun!

Chrony'd at almost 1200 fps out of my 5" S&W 460V
    that must be punishing!

Boolit Grand Master

Opened up the package containing a new to me RCBS A2 press. Now to take it apart and clean it up. I should probably order parts for the LAM1 so I can put it back together and get it off the bench.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Get better soon! Hope you'll progress to doing a bit of PT in your loading room before boredom sets in.
    That's what I did after my total knee. Not only was it mentally therapeutic but I have a rolling office chair for the single stage bench. Pushing and pulling myself around with the weakened leg helped. I would plant my foot on the floor, grab a press and pull toward it, flexing that stiff knee. The reloading room was a sanctuary. Always was, still is.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Filled the lead pot with pure lead and cast up 230 Lyman 525 gn slugs. ready to roll when I get some new Rio hulls. (hopefully soon)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slug casting Bonanza.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	203642

Kraken Fan #69

Envious !!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master

Coated another 8 pounds of 9mm and a couple pounds of collar buttons.
    Cast some 550 grain 458's and some RCBS 44-250K
    Also emptied the lee pot making 00 buck. Now I need to cut them all apart.

Went to Goodwill this morning and picked up a nice steel 4 drawer vertical file cabinet for $6.48. Got everything I had on the floor and other misc places put in it all nice and organized like. Set up the LNL AP to start running some plinking rounds for my Ruger PC4. Have a bunch of plated 180gr bullets I need to use up. Be glad when it cools off enough around here to actually start casting!

Boolit Bub
    I cast 500 9mm boolits ,oh and about 200 311

Boolit Master
    Sorted and weighed 230 gr.452 rn that averaged 234 gr.

Boolit Master
    Apparently my hitek bottles all dried out and were rock hard. Tried to rehydrate with some more acetone but looked like a no go so I pitched them rather than get a flaky coat. My mistake for mixing up too much before I could use it up. Had a jar of hg #50 wadcutters I cast up that were awaiting coating so I used BLL instead. 2 light coats (1 before sizing and 1 after) and they are drying on wax paper again now. Even the BLL was a tad thick, guess it's been longer since I had to do any casting than I realized. Used a bit of kerosene to thin it back down since someone in another thread mentioned naphtha was the original solvent used for alox.

Worked like a champ! Now to work on cementing in some new fence posts before I can play in the office again.

EDIT: Even better! My neighbor already hired a crew of guys and got the back neighbor to chip in some cash for the fence repairs. For less than I would have paid just for materials they will have it completed today and repaired. I was willing to do the work myself but this means I can visit the range instead. Win/Win in my book! Also got a quote to replace my chimney boards (rotted out) and redo the cap.
    Last edited by DerekP Houston; 09-10-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    Could not sleep, so in the middle of the night I sized, flared & primed 150 38sp cases. 50 WC for 148gr. cast WC & 100 regular cases with 158gr cast SWC. I used one press to size & another set up to flare the mouths. then I set up one for priming & primed. Next will be powder & boolit seating later today, most likely. I am in no hurry anyway.

I am finding out that doing things weak one handed is slower & more meticulous than with one strong hand or both, but it can still be done with precision. Slow & easy...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Well JB...here's hoping that you mend well and become a two fisted brass stuffer again soon!

c h a r l i e
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Well JB...here's hoping that you mend well and become a two fisted brass stuffer again soon!

c h a r l i e
    Thanks Charlie! I am hoping so too.

Very glad it is apparently not a permanent thing. Still gonna have the neuropathy in both arms, & some limits to strength & motion, but I think I can work around it eventually.

Looking forward to shooting & loading up some other handgun loads soon. Then it will be time for 12 & 20ga. shotgun loading & shooting for the hunting seasons... Depending on how the arm turns out.

That will likely be the next time I am posting in this topic.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Page 239 of 603 FirstFirst ... 139189229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249289339 ... LastLast