RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Cast 250+/- 356- 124gr. 2Rs, and 250+/- 356 -158gr SWC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castboolit1aOct1717.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	206072

And then 100+ 356-148gr.- WC, 120+ 452-230-2R & 120+ 452-230-TC before I was done.

Name:	CastBoolits2aOct1717 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	206074

Close to 20# worth...

About 3 hours on a nice day. I enjoyed it very much & even sipped a couple brews as I went.

I am trying to build up a decent stock of ready made boolits before it gets cold here. I still have to make a casting station in the garage, as I have only been casting off the back of my Pickup endgate all Summer. Once I do that I will be able to cast in any weather. Be happier then. I may do that later this week or week end.
    Last edited by JBinMN; 10-17-2017 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Fixed the pics so they were right side up. ;)
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

I got sick of where my RCBS turret press sat so I decided to do something about it. Not being one with extra cash I went to the metal pile, got a piece of 8" I beam. Cut it, drilled it, welded on a few bolts to the back side that happen to fit some bushings I had stashed in the back of the drawer and made this press stand. It will hold 2 spare turrets on the back side and use a bit and washer to hold them down. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. And I have more than enough to outfit my 3 rock chuckers when I feel like making another.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e9w0BIe.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	206077
    Last edited by paraord; 10-17-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot

Boolit Grand Master

Loading room? I have a loading room? When I get some time I'll have to ask Siri where it is. I'm figuring out she's a pretty sharp gal!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Cleaned up the bench, shelves, & room, a bit.....

I do not enjoy it though... It is a chore. Rather make rounds instead, but it has to be done on occasion.
    Agreed. Last time I was in there I was trying to find a couple of the 15 or so boxes of 45ACP reloads that I think are in there. Found some cool stuff while I was looking, tho.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Cleaning up, cleaning out, and selling off the unused lately. I am starting to make a dent in loading or remelting all the random test bullets I had stashed everywhere. There is going to be a lot of Ruger Security Six and M28/76 range time in my future from doing that. I even found molds and die sets I did not know I owned. Also found a bunch of random, partial box .22 Target ammo I guess I need to go shoot up.
    Back in the land of boolits.

Boolit Buddy
    Today, i loaded up a bunch of 120 Nosler BT's in my 6.5 Grendel then sized a bunch of 458 SOCOM brass for the tumbler, will load them when nice and shiny....JimP.

Boolit Grand Master

Name:	1017171720-00.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	206100 I left a lot of cars with high speed tire vibration!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post

Name:	1017171720-00.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	206100 I left a lot of cars with high speed tire vibration!
    Funny!

Boolit Master
    Loaded more .25 acp.

Boolit Master
    I took my tablet out to the shed as I was going to download the Ramshot load info and use some True Blue in my .357
    I dunno why, but my WiFi wouldn't work out there today. It has before, but no go today. So I puttered......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Building 4 foot by 8 foot deer stand inclosure on the driveway, cooler weather in Houston makes the work outside a lot better, not hot and comfortable. Still work in process hope to finish by Saturday.

Some case forming. 44x1.6" cases from 7.62x51 surplus.

Cast a bunch of .30, .410 and .375 boolits. Loaded some 450/400 N.E. Loaded some more .416 Rigby test loads.

Been a week of primer pocket swaging to take the crimp out of military brass in the evenings. Did 500 in .223 so last night I started trimming the brass and it was SO much fun I decided to do smaller batches and savor the joy. Only trimmed 50 but by doing 50 or 100 a night I can enjoy the brass trimming experience for a whole week! Need to cast and PC some more 70 grain to fit these cases eventually but for now these are just stock for the brass pantry.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Wandered on in and loaded the rest of my empty .357 cases with 9 grains of True Blue with the Lee 158 gr. RF that I have. The only other cast bullets I have for it are 148 gr.dewc, but I save them for the .38 special cases. I tried some of the boolits that I cast for the 9mm as I size them all to the same diameter, but didn't do so well. I still think the chemo had a lot to do with my shooting ability, as I weakened rather quickly. Doing better now that the chemo is supposed to be over.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Wandered on in and loaded the rest of my empty .357 cases with 9 grains of True Blue with the Lee 158 gr. RF that I have. The only other cast bullets I have for it are 148 gr.dewc, but I save them for the .38 special cases. I tried some of the boolits that I cast for the 9mm as I size them all to the same diameter, but didn't do so well. I still think the chemo had a lot to do with my shooting ability, as I weakened rather quickly. Doing better now that the chemo is supposed to be over.

I hope that nasty cancer stays away this time Tom but it sure is good to see you getting it done even though you are not up to par.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Grand Master

Emailed RCBS a list of parts I need to finish rebuilding a LAM1.

Nothing in the reloading room, on the other side of the state visiting the daughter, but I did find a brand new in box Saeco 322 mold and a brand new mold handle for $70 out the door at a pawn shop.

Cleaned my Nylon 66 because it was misfiring. Nope, there is something amiss. I disassembled & reassembled one for a week one day a long time ago. So I cleaned the bench off.

Cast up and powder coated 350 or so .38 wadcutters to be loaded with 2.7gr of Bullseye for my 14-2.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Page 249 of 601 FirstFirst ... 149199239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259299349 ... LastLast