Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    Built a corner shelf for my computer and radios in the corner of my casting room.
    Attachment 190648
    What kind of radio? Kenwood ts-440?

Sat there putting gas checks on .223 and looking at a tray of military 30-06 waiting for a RCBS 8mm form and trim die to arrive and give them a new purpose in life. Choice of military brass was to avoid making 8mm with a 30-06 head stamp.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    I spent yesterday cutting the primer pockets on 2 1/2 gallons of WCC 9mm brass with a drill press . My fingers are a bit beat up but I finally got tired of looking at them just sitting around .

Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    I spent yesterday cutting the primer pockets on 2 1/2 gallons of WCC 9mm brass with a drill press . My fingers are a bit beat up but I finally got tired of looking at them just sitting around .
    Isn't it funny? After a bit you could almost swear the pile of brass sitting there is mocking you behind your back. Guess you shut that bucket up!
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Boolit Master

Yup! Mocking is the right word. I've got a 5 gal. bucket of 20 ga. hulls sitting there doing exactly that. They know I can do anything about it either. At least not until I run another batch of shot! I wish they would just be quiet!

Boolit Master
    I got them in the end , but they fought back , there was blood yesterday and today there are blisters .

Ideal 320378 cast, first batch...

Just received an old Ideal single cavity mold today in the mail...thought I'd find out if it would work in the 8x57mm Yugo M48...there is clearance to go into battery but haven't shot it yet...I'm looking for feedback on this cast load, it's a heavy weight at 250 grains in COWW + 1% Sn. I PC'd them too but this Pb blend may be too soft...dunnoh yet?

Attachment 190748
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Perma-Banned

Tumbled MORE brass...

Boolit Buddy

Tore down my progressive press and pulled a little maintenance on it so it will work smoothly.
    We were brothers then, we are brothers now, we are brothers forever. Currahee

Loaded up some brass.410 shotshells.

Need to get a better hole punch for overshot. I used a cotton ball and wax.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I haven't been feeling all that well for a couple of weeks, but I forced myself to finally go down to my shop today and installed a new, replacement front sight on an Israeli 98 Mauser in 7.62 Nato today that I bought years ago and still haven't shot yet. I'm meeting an old friend up at the rifle range tomorrow and so I will finally shoot it along with the little Chiappa M1-9 carbine that I bought recently. I'm about ready for a long overdue shooting day ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    I haven't been feeling all that well for a couple of weeks, but I forced myself to finally go down to my shop today and installed a new, replacement front sight on an Israeli 98 Mauser in 7.62 Nato today that I bought years ago and still haven't shot yet. I'm meeting an old friend up at the rifle range tomorrow and so I will finally shoot it along with the little Chiappa M1-9 carbine that I bought recently. I'm about ready for a long overdue shooting day ...
    Me too but family business this weekend prevents it once again.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by mwells72774 View Post
    What kind of radio? Kenwood ts-440?
    Its a Yaesu 757gx
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy

Went to the range and mined about 150# of range lead from the pistol berms, and came home and smelted 50# of if , will try to get the rest tomorrow .
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy
    Good evening,
    Well today was a cleanup day. Started with filing away some "new" load targets in the load binder. Next was putting away a bunch of 357 brass and realized/decided I needed to load a bunch. So dumped some TrailBoss into the measure and an hour later 150 rounds of nice shooting 357's loaded up. Now had to stop for lunch and a family activity. Back at it, cleaned up from loading put the powder away and what was left of the 158gr SWC and looks like tomorrow if all goes good I will either cast or load a bunch of 32 S&W Long for next week. All in a fantastic day! now time for

tried out my new RCBS 8x57 from 30-06 forming die. Formed and marked 53 pieces. Cut a couple down and went to trim with my Lee Quick Trim and the brass just spins. No o rings. Finally found the size online and will hopefully be able to locate some 12mm o rings of a workable diameter tomorrow and be able to trim the brass. Having to cut down with a hacksaw, going to see if I can locate a really fine tooth blade. Or may try my tubing cutter. But suspect that would leave an inside ring.

I was able to rig enough pressure to trim two cases, and confirm that the homemade 8mm will cycle at COAL for the bullet I use.

Killed it at the casting bench. The lee 6 cav mold was really being a challenge and I ended the casting session after a brief tantrum that left the mold handle broken off! Boy those lee mold handles are made from some very hardened stuff!
    Too bad though I liked the handles more than the mold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3769.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Cast up some lee 312-155-2R
    Hadn't cast in a while. Felt good to get back at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold

What did you do in the reloading room today?

. Tested out my first 6 cavity mold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Man
    Added more powder and primers to an already unorganized bench. (O e of these days I'll have to break down and clean it)

Page 192 of 603 FirstFirst ... 92142182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202242292 ... LastLast