WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Grand Master

Do tell, Michael. What alloy are you using with the 155's and what powder? I've got a barrel of AR Comp and some varget, cfe223 and several others. Are you using something else like H110 or AA1680?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded up a ton of .45 acp for plate matches. Lee 200gr SWC with White Label Commercial 160 over 4.2 of WST. Good for the rest of the year for match ammo.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post

Lee 312-155. They shot about 2.5" at 100 last time.
    What are you sizing to? I'm doing COWW plus some lino, no checks. Powder coating has made that boolit hit and miss as far as getting through my .310 die comfortably...haven't ever tried Hi-Tek.

Boolit Master
    Saw a mouse running across the bench and hid under a manual. Grabbed a kinetic hammer and raised the book. No more mouse.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Do tell, Michael. What alloy are you using with the 155's and what powder? I've got a barrel of AR Comp and some varget, cfe223 and several others. Are you using something else like H110 or AA1680?
    COWW plus some extra tin. Water dropped.
    I was using H4198 but my next test is going to be with CFE BLK

Quote Originally Posted by therealhitman View Post
    What are you sizing to? I'm doing COWW plus some lino, no checks. Powder coating has made that boolit hit and miss as far as getting through my .310 die comfortably...haven't ever tried Hi-Tek.
    I'm sizing to .310. The Hi-Tek should be much thinner than PC I have tried PC and Hi-Tek and the Hi-Tek is easier IMHO. Cleaner more consistent look and easier application. I just finished up about 12+ pounds of 9mm bullets and a couple small batches, one 44-250K and the other a .457 collar button. Easy beans for sure.

Boolit Master

Shot 100 45 Colt, 50 pistol and 50 rifle. Fired 20 hot 44mags just for fun. Cast 100 or so Lyman 450229 for my C&B pistols. Have got good at making paper cartridges with them. Have the tumbler running the brass now.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master

Coated some 9 and 44 that I laying around.
    Made some cool little "collar buttons" from a modified .457" RB mould I picked up here on the forum.
    Can't wait to shoot them. They weight about 163 grains.

I cleaned the loading room. (well, some of it. It's a start.) It (the cleaning) was horrible.

Kraken Fan #69
    Last edited by KrakenFan69; 09-03-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Turned about 20# of ingots into 7/8 ounce LEE 12 gauge slugs.
    Had a grand ol time.
    Actually got things going at a pace where the slug "dropped" out of the mold as soon as I opened it, without even tapping on it.

Boolit Master

I ran the accurate .40 mold for a little while this morning netting about 47 lbs of bullets to go with the 100 lbs cast over the last week or two. The 1050 is gonna like this run. Think I might fire up the pot tomorrow morning and do it again.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    At one with the gun.

Banned
    Finished some more shoot-n-see targets

Boolit Master

Sorted the brass, loading up some BP paper cartridges for an after noon shoot.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Cleaned up the loading room a bit more and then loaded 150 12 ga in 3 different combinations to get ready to do some testing.

KRaken Fan #69

I cleaned up the reloading bench and set up my NOE bullet sizer. This was my first attempt at bullet sizing. Tried to go from .459 to .452 and even with lube, it just ain't havin' it. Think I'm going to have to buy a .455 bushing and do these in two steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cassidy View Post
    I ran the accurate .40 mold for a little while this morning netting about 47 lbs of bullets to go with the 100 lbs cast over the last week or two. The 1050 is gonna like this run. Think I might fire up the pot tomorrow morning and do it again.
    That is a LOT of purdy 40 cal bullets. I'm jealous!

Took a batch of clean brass out of the ss pin tumbler and put them in the dehydrator. Just started another batch of brass in the tumbler.

Now I'll head upstairs and start prepping food for the family BBQ we're hosting tonight. (Ribs and Sesame Chicken skewers with fresh corn on the cob ...)
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Making a big batch of alloy outside with the big gas fired pot .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

made a few boxes of 7/8 lee 12 ga

Quote Originally Posted by copdills View Post
    made a few boxes of 7/8 lee 12 ga
    Do you have a favorite recipe you'd be willing to share?

Boolit Grand Master

Still sorting weights. Bigger came over and we sorted 2 buckets each. That leaves 14!

Boolit Grand Master

Went in there to load up a few of the 32WCF boolits I lubed & sized recently. Dug out the boolits and finally found the new empty brass in a cartridge box....but twenty were already loaded with the exact load I intended to load! Checked my load notes and discovered the kind soul that loaded my ammo for me also recorded the load data.....in handwriting that looks quite a bit like mine dated just last week! Even made a note of the new COAL. In an earlier session I loaded some 38WCF and finally started a section for it in my Load Notes book, can't believe I've been loading this cartridge for about two years and didn't have a notes section for it.
    I've had a lot on my mind lately but these little adventures in my loading room give me a chance to laugh at myself.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Page 237 of 603 FirstFirst ... 137187227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247287337 ... LastLast