Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    Not quite "in" the reloading room, but pertinate.

I went out & did some ladder testing for accuracy with the missus LCR .357 using some lighter loads of .38. Found that 2.2 gr., 2.5gr. & 2.9 gr. Red Dot seemed to be the most accurate loads off the sandbags. Gonna repeat the test in a few days I think & also use the chrony next time, I think. Started to test some .357 mag loads, but instead of one of my bullet traps decided not to be able to take the stress of being hit after being used for 100-150 rounds over the last few times I used it. I just brought a lighter bullet trap backstop made of 3 foot long cedar 6x6s screwed together this time instead of one of the heavier ones that use that rubber mulch inside & this one split. I had a good time though.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Walked by on the way to work, but I'll be back there again tonight, yeah baby!

Today loaded about 100 slug cartridges (12GA) for training at the next italian championship...

Boolit Master
    Loaded up 100 test rounds of .380 for a Hi Point carbine with the 124 gr RN Lee and some Unique, Vectan A0, and Blue Dot for tomorrow's range trip. I also loaded a few with a shortened 358432 115 gr wadcutter to see if they will feed just for grins. It doesn't seem to care what I put in the magazine; as long as it fits in the chamber it feeds and fires.
    Back in the land of boolits.

Boolit Master
    Finished up 300 rounds of 9MM.
    Only have about 800 to go.

Just waiting on the new N.O.E.mold to come in.

Spent a little time with a new mold. NOE 402-180-RN.
    Cast up 375 boolits. Now I need to finish them up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resized300001.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	205650

Loaded a batch of 30-40 Krag and re-melted a 50 lb. block of range lead down into 2 lb. usable muffins.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171011_125011_resized.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	205699

I broke in my new lee 20lb pot and new lee 45 cal 255g mold. The pot smoked all the oil off for a good 15 min. What a stink. I made 10lbs of 50/50 w/2% pewter added.

I loaded some .303 British with donated .316" rn 175 gr. Sized the necks on some and didn't on others. Without gc I used 7 grs Red Dot. With the gas checks seated with channel locks on the unsized lla boolits I used 11 grs of Red Dot. I hope to try some out after supper. I can almost get my repaired arm up to the
    forend.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I loaded some .303 British with donated .316" rn 175 gr. Sized the necks on some and didn't on others. Without gc I used 7 grs Red Dot. With the gas checks seated with channel locks on the unsized lla boolits I used 11 grs of Red Dot. I hope to try some out after supper. I can almost get my repaired arm up to the
    forend.......

Please pass on your findings.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

forend.......

Take it easy on that arm. I pushed a shoulder faster than I ought to have post repairs and "re-healing" takes twice as long as healing. Sounds like a job for a shooting rest stick. But I too am interested in your RedDot and 303 Brit results.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Yes Sirs; I'm going to shoot one handed on the sandbags with the 7 gr load. This weak side shooting is weird but fun. I'm respecting the fixed shoulder!

Boolit Master
    Took inventory of my oddball cast bullets to see what obsolete caliber is next on my list to load. Looks like 7.35 Carcano is the winner this week. Ugh, that means I need to do some neck turning.
    Back in the land of boolits.

Spend the last couple days making 250 or so 357AR cases from 5.56 cases.

Since I finished up the .38-55 I needed to load I've started processing 7.62x39 brass. I have about 600 rounds of brass to work through and have about half of them sized, primed, and ready to load so far. 300 left to go. 100 of them are brand new Winchester cases and I'll load them with 123 grain Hornady soft points for hunting. The balance are once and twice fired Lapua brass will be loaded with 123 grain fmj's for target practice. These are all for my wife's favorite rifle which is an old Interarms mini-Mauser (Zastava mfg) that I bought over 30 years ago as a barreled action, and then glass bedded into a black Bell & Carlson synthetic stock, adjusted the trigger to about 3 pounds, and then topped it off with a Leupold scope. Nice little light weight hunting carbine that came out at 6 pounds total all up and ready to race. More than adequate cartridge for our little Columbia Blacktail deer.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

My .303 results. It took 3 shots to get on the plate. Looks ok as I'm shooting weak side weak eye. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

Boolit Master
    My .303 results. It took 3 shots to get on the plate. Looks ok as I'm shooting weak side weak eye. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

You are doing just fine considering & at least you are DOING!

Keep it up & you will improve. Besides, it is good therapy for ya.

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Master

Yeeee Hawwww
    Keep on keeping on, well done, well done
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy
    Sized and gas checked 200+ NOE 314299 with Lee .314 sizer and vulcan checks. Then did a 2nd coat of BLL to relube the driving bands. Another 200x 311299 are next, then I'll need to order more checks.

Boolit Man
    Fired up the Woodstove in the barn For the first time this year! 24degrees last night!
    Picked up 6-7lbs of beezwax from a bee keeper in town, going to make an attempt at Simple Lube tonight.

Page 247 of 601 FirstFirst ... 147197237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257297347 ... LastLast