Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Sorted two 3 gal pails of range brass. Filled most of a 5 gal pail with 9mm. I love hitting the range after a match.

Kraken Fan #69

Boolit Master

deprimed 45/44 brass

cleaning 38/357 brass in tumbler
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master
    I'm embarrassed.......
    I went to the SO range today and shot really well, hitting silhouette steel targets @ 100 yards with my SRH .44 Mag. I also shot maybe 25 rounds to fire form some brass for my 30-06 A.I. I got home and deprimed and resized the brass and got 5 cases with lube dents! Now, I'm not new to handloading, but it has been quite some time since I had to resize any rifle brass. I know what I did. The Imperial sizing wax was really hot and I just put too much on the case. I know the dents will iron out the next time I fire them, but I should have been paying more attention....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Stared at things, sighed, then went to cut hay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I didn't do anything in the reloading room , but this morning I knocked my shooting bench apart while not paying attention driving around the back yard of my shop pulling a boat trailer , something looked strange in the rearview - it was getting pretty wobbly anyway . So that's what I did this afternoon

Been to the range this morning so cleane ing and prepping brass. Our range is shut down for 2 months to extend it out so I'll be doing a lot of loading and probably hit indoor range and catch up on my handgun practice.

Boolit Master
    Sick as a dog. Can not talk can not think. A package came for me I just told the wife to put it in the reloading room. Did not even open it.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

Loaded 25 rounds of 38 special with a vintage Lyman 310
    I swear I’m going to switch to all of my reloading on hand tools. Super fun and keeps me from loading all of my bullets too fast on the Dillon and leaving me with nothing to do on weeknights.

Loaded up 175- 45 Colt with 230tl and 255swc. Now that I have a Burris Fast Fire 3 mounted, I can sort out a few of the more accurate loads. I hope to find a plinking load with the same poi as my hunting load at 25 yards.
    hc18flyer

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I got out to the shed today and cast about 12# of 200gr 358430's from a custom Lee mold. It was a warm day (93°) here, but it hasn't rained in a while and so the mosquito population is at a low, so it made for a fairly nice day.

KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    I got out to the shed today and cast about 12# of 200gr 358430's from a custom Lee mold. It was a warm day (93°) here, but it hasn't rained in a while and so the mosquito population is at a low, so it made for a fairly nice day.

Nice looking bullets.
    I like that mould and had both the light and heavy version. Sold both of them for some silly reason.

Boolit Master
    Cast another batch of 90gr .355. They arecomming in at 93+gr now that the mold is broken in.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    Loaded 25 rounds of 38 special with a vintage Lyman 310
    I swear I’m going to switch to all of my reloading on hand tools. Super fun and keeps me from loading all of my bullets too fast on the Dillon and leaving me with nothing to do on weeknights.
    I just got my first 310 in the last month with the help of the forum. I love it. Seriously, just got back in from pizza and a couple of beers with the girlfriend and her friends. Decapped 50 rounds of 270 and in the tumbler they went, 3 minutes tops. Loading them up to confirm 10grains of red dot was the most accurate from the range trip this afternoon. Gotta do something with the trigger on this M70. EVERY 22lr I own breaks lighter than this thing.

Boolit Master

I loaded 100 bullets cast last Monday out of my BRAND SPANKING NEW .45-210J 5cav mould from ACCURATE MOLDS.
    I loaded 50rds of .45ACP & 50rds of .45 S&W .
    Had to do some severe die adjustments. I have a RockChucker & a HORNADY L-N-L Progressive. I have .45ACP & .45COLT die sets dedicated to each press, with one .45 die set for .45S&W dedicated to the RockChucker.

I had a GOOD FRIEND who passed away that I spent 25yrs loading with. He became very ill with stomach cancer and passed away in less than a year. The last time he visited my Reloading Room, he wasn't doing very well, but he had brought over some .44 & .45 die sets to adjust for the old RockChucker he had bought to replace the one his stepson had stolen. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to what he was doing when he packed up to go home. His wife was sitting in the car, honking like mad. She wanted to go NOW.
    Long story short I ended up missing 2 .45 cal die sets & 3 different. 44cal dies.

He's been gone 2yrs this Past February, I've loaded only .44Mag COWBOY Loads for my Chiropractor buddy. The PROGRESSIVE was already set up for that. I just couldn't bring myself to load anything else. I've just been shooting already loaded ammo a few times at the indoor Pistol Range.
    It's been that HARD. Another one of my old COWBOY SHOOTER buddies has just retired.
    Both of my friends can no longer find the bullets they've been shooting for so many years.

So guess who got elected to start casting for the both of them. 44-240 for one 45-205 for the other. "Judge Wells Spicer" couldn't find a .45-205, so he settled on an ACCURATE mold. "Bone Bender" settled for a N.O.E. TL44-240-RF in 4cav.

I discovered that both molds are cut from the exact same size mould blocks. Same height, length & depth. Sprue plates are different, all screws are different thread & allen head size. The .44 is 4cav & the .45 is 5cav. But they are so similar It's like casting from a pair of LYMAN 4cav moulds, as I've been doing for 50yrs plus.

And the ACCURATE Mould dropped 5 perfect bullets on the very first cast. I must have spent a good five minutes just rolling those first 5 in my Welding Gloves.

YEP that 100 rounds really was a GOOD DAY AT THE RELOADING BENCH.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

Loaded 50 rounds of my Garand Match ammo. Hornady 168gr A-Max and IMR-4895 goes together like Fred & Ginger.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post

Nice looking Beagle, are you stuffing them in a 35 Rem or what??

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    I just got my first 310 in the last month with the help of the forum. I love it. Seriously, just got back in from pizza and a couple of beers with the girlfriend and her friends. Decapped 50 rounds of 270 and in the tumbler they went, 3 minutes tops. Loading them up to confirm 10grains of red dot was the most accurate from the range trip this afternoon. Gotta do something with the trigger on this M70. EVERY 22lr I own breaks lighter than this thing.
    That’s great. Sounds like an awesome Saturday night to me.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Nice looking Beagle, are you stuffing them in a 35 Rem or what??
    38 special snubby.
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/200...ice-cartridge/
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Another 550b 9mm marathon yesterday, plated and Lipsticks this time...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Finally got around to building my PID controller. Got it all set up and testes using a small heater then took to the bench to cast my first batch using it. I should have got theis done a log time ago but just kept putting it off. I built it so that I can also use it for my covection oven that I use for Hi-Tek coating as well. Worked like a charm with the Lee 4-20 lead pot.

Kraken Fan #69

Page 308 of 604 FirstFirst ... 208258298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318358408 ... LastLast